Three MAJOR concerns about new policies at The Ralph

Flutie Flakes

It's called Barco's Mud Lot.

How about your lot? Do you have room in there for more cars? And how late can we get there and still get a spot? I'm thinking about moving from Lot 1 for the first time in 6 years.

Edited by Mike32282

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You pay for a seat. Sit the hell down. Stand up and cheer when warranted but people who stand for no reason for long periods of time annoys me to no end. Had seats in the 2nd row of the Upper Deck and drunken idiots in the first row would stand for no reason other than they were wrecked. Sit down before you fall down! One more than one occasion it almost led to fisticuffs. I solved all three of the major concerns after last season for myself. I bought a new big screen TV. I bought a new grill. I bought a new Bills flag for my flagpole. I can tailgate in my backyard for as long as I want before and after the game. I can sit, stand or lay on the floor wherever I want. No lines for the bathroom. I don't have to pay $25 to park in my driveway. I can fly my Bills flag at will. The only drunks are my friends and that is OK with me. They are killing the gameday experience. Not to mention the team is dreadful. I will still watch them every week. I just don't feel like I am wasting time, money and aggravation anymore. 32 years with season tickets too. Sad.

Is that the lot behind where he sets up now?

Yes. The location of that private lot is good, but it is a mud pit when the weather conditions are bad. I have seen cars stuck in mud up to the frame after a morning freeze followed by an afternoon thaw. We had trouble getting out years ago with a 4WD.

To answer another suggestion, moving the Pinto party to Hammer's Lot was not practical in Ken's opinion, because it draws literally hundreds of fans who would overrun Hammer's facilities, crowd out his paying customer's, and make his lot's security a nightmare.

Ken told me this, not "Hammer". IMO, the Pinto party would ruin Hammer's great lot - which is secure and clean.

Ken stopped by Hammer's early Saturday evening to say hello, and later at Danny's, while making his rounds. :D

He spoke about probably moving at some point, possibly to a lot on Abbott between Rts 20 and 20A, past where the RV lot is now. It is a Bills lot but is already a party zone.

Yes. The location of that private lot is good, but it is a mud pit when the weather conditions are bad. I have seen cars stuck in mud up to the frame after a morning freeze followed by an afternoon thaw. We had trouble getting out years ago with a 4WD.

To answer another suggestion, moving the Pinto party to Hammer's Lot was not practical in Ken's opinion, because it draws literally hundreds of fans who would overrun Hammer's facilities, crowd out his paying customer's, and make his lot's security a nightmare.

Ken told me this, not "Hammer". IMO, the Pinto party would ruin Hammer's great lot - which is secure and clean.

Ken stopped by Hammer's early Saturday evening to say hello, and later at Danny's, while making his rounds. :D

He spoke about probably moving at some point, possibly to a lot on Abbott between Rts 20 and 20A, past where the RV lot is now. It is a Bills lot but is already a party zone.

I was disappointed when Kenny said Not My Lot. I have worked hard to have a SECURE and CLEAN lot. Kenny knows his following and what might happen. The more I thought about it, Kenny is right.

How about your lot? Do you have room in there for more cars? And how late can we get there and still get a spot? I'm thinking about moving from Lot 1 for the first time in 6 years.

While I do have regulars each game, the parking flow (Fill up time) varies. Usually I have space till 12:45pm in one of my 2 lots, Hammer's Lot or the Rock Lot which is right across the street form Hammer's Lot.

I was disappointed when Kenny said Not My Lot. I have worked hard to have a SECURE and CLEAN lot. Kenny knows his following and what might happen. The more I thought about it, Kenny is right.

I, too, spoke with Kenny on Sunday - at that time he said he would be moving to the RV Lot but it sounds like he is considering other options. I thought hammer's would be great but I suppose Kenny's concerns are valid. I don't know - it angers me with all the new gestapo-like tactics going on and accelerating. Tailgating is a huge part of the experience and the Bills are playing with fire if they mess around with it like they are doing. I understand the Bills concerns when it comes to drunken driving after the game but the Tailgating prior to the game - with the exception, I suppose of the risk of fires, is not much of a risk IMO and Kenny's is a Landmark Tradition. Screwing with that is just plain stupid. I can't imagine a Jimbo-owned team messing with this. Perhaps I am wrong though. It sounded to me like the Bills are planning on assigned spaces next year. No first come first served?? What a nightmare.

On another note - and there is a second thread discussing fan behavior already - I have been to a lot of Bills losses going back to the early 70's but I have never been so disappointed in fan behavior as I was last Sunday. I sit in section 311 - I get my season tickets through Hammer - until Hammer showed up I did not know ANYONE which means either the tickets were sold to others or the season tickets have changed hands. Fine but these newbies did not make hardly any noise. One guy actually told me to stop pounding on the seats because it was annoying his girlfriend. That is the closest I came to telling a fellow Bills fan to F-off ..... I was thinking, "Are you nuts! It's third down for the opponents. Take your girl to the f-ing movies...this is a Bills game!" Well, fine, I found other seats to pound on on the other side (behind my wife!). Meanwhile, to some of the "fans" they spoke like the game was over at halftime when it was 10-3. Try watching the Bills lose 20 in a row to the Fish. They woke up after the Parrish TD (big wow).

I beseech all of you to make some noise and lots of it at the JETSsucksuckssucks game in three weeks. I won't be back until the following week (Jacksonville).

Go Bills!

-RichNJoisy

I, too, spoke with Kenny on Sunday - at that time he said he would be moving to the RV Lot but it sounds like he is considering other options. I thought hammer's would be great but I suppose Kenny's concerns are valid. I don't know - it angers me with all the new gestapo-like tactics going on and accelerating. Tailgating is a huge part of the experience and the Bills are playing with fire if they mess around with it like they are doing. I understand the Bills concerns when it comes to drunken driving after the game but the Tailgating prior to the game - with the exception, I suppose of the risk of fires, is not much of a risk IMO and Kenny's is a Landmark Tradition. Screwing with that is just plain stupid. I can't imagine a Jimbo-owned team messing with this. Perhaps I am wrong though. It sounded to me like the Bills are planning on assigned spaces next year. No first come first served?? What a nightmare.

-RichNJoisy

To be fair, I don't think this is of the Bills doing as much it is the NFL.

What guy are you talking about? Is this some NFL official/illuminati... one of Goodell's brownshirts???

some guy working for the league

As Philster notes (and Kenny told me after the game, since I was over at our own tailgate when this all went down), he was apparently affiliated with the league. I wanted a name -- and badge number, since I wasn't aware the NFL had acquired arresting powers -- but no such luck. Guess they think we've actually been showing up to watch their crappy brand of football for the last decade instead of wanting to socialize with our friends.

Kenny will have an official announcement regarding his new location before the next home game. The quasi-official TBD tailgate may also be moving; Jack will keep you updated on the Tailgate East board.

As Philster notes (and Kenny told me after the game, since I was over at our own tailgate when this all went down), he was apparently affiliated with the league. I wanted a name -- and badge number, since I wasn't aware the NFL had acquired arresting powers -- but no such luck. Guess they think we've actually been showing up to watch their crappy brand of football for the last decade instead of wanting to socialize with our friends.

Kenny will have an official announcement regarding his new location before the next home game. The quasi-official TBD tailgate may also be moving; Jack will keep you updated on the Tailgate East board.

Any chance we could get the Bills to comment on all of this, at least with regard to Ken?

edit: And since he is considering moving what is one of the best known tailgate parties in the NFL, essentially at the behest of one league rep. I would hope the Bills would have something to say.

Edited by yall

While I do have regulars each game, the parking flow (Fill up time) varies. Usually I have space till 12:45pm in one of my 2 lots, Hammer's Lot or the Rock Lot which is right across the street form Hammer's Lot.

That's perfect. I'm thinking of moving our small tailgate over there. It's usually just 3-5 cars. I work Saturday night, so i don't get to the stadium until 9:30 or so.

Edited by Mike32282