Trent Edwards- just the facts, stats

zow2

Guest dog14787

As Thurman Thomas so astutely put it this morning....

You see all around the league, the Good QB's with good offensive lines make plays, the Good QB's with bad offensive lines make plays....not here

I'll bet you stick Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas behind our O-line, they will both STFU :censored:

CJ Spiller averaged about 1 yard per carry against the Fish, wonder what Thomas had to say about that being as he sure had a lot of praise for the young CJ Spiller up until now,

Thurman Thomas after the game yesterday tweeted:

Everyone wants to get on Trent,I understand, the O didn't play well together as a GROUP, PERIOD

Edited by dog14787

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys like Dog who blame the O-Line are living in a fantasy world. This guy would be terrible behind pro-bowlers.

As far as I am concerned, he has one more game left in his Bills career. If he is this bad again, I'd cut him and re-sign Levi.

Same goes for our big free agent pick-up Green. Send a message to the rest of the team. Mediocrity will no longer be tolerated.

Let's cut through the B.S. Trent is not a bonified NFL QB. His last game yesterday below vs. Miami shows how stats can be misleading. His game, 18 for 34 even looks better on paper than it was in actuality. In total, Trent has had 3 decent games (after Arizona). Win vs. San Diego, Win at KC, Win vs. Tampa Bay I highlighted his more putrid games below. Even average backups could put up better numbers than this. I looked up Matt Leinart's 2006 season and he had better numbers overall than Trent. Without a shadow of a doubt this will be TE's last season in Buffalo. They cannot continue with this level (lack of) productivity.

vs. Baltimore 11 for 21 153yds 0 td 1 int

vs. Cleveland 13 for 33 124yds 0 td 0 int ** played in a blizzard

vs. NY Giants 9 for 26 161 yds 2 td 3 int

vs. Phila 16 for 30 133 yds 0 td 0 int

Vs. New Eng 13 for 23 120 yds 1 td 2 int

vs. Cleveland 16 for 26 148 yds 1 td 3 int

vs. San Fran 10 for 21 112 yds 0 td 0 int

vs. New Eng 14 for 25 128 yds 0 td 0 int

vs. New Orl 20 for 35 156 yds 0 td 1 int

vs. Miami 14 for 26 192 yds 1 td 3 int

vs. Cleveland 16 for 31 152 yds 0 td 1 int

vs. Tennessee 18 for 28 185 yds 1 td 1 int

vs. Miami 18 for 34 139 yds 1 td 0 int

I am not a defender, but if would have been nice to see the guy get a little protection - the offensive line was pretty bad.

Guest dog14787

You guys like Dog who blame the O-Line are living in a fantasy world. This guy would be terrible behind pro-bowlers.

As far as I am concerned, he has one more game left in his Bills career. If he is this bad again, I'd cut him and re-sign Levi.

Same goes for our big free agent pick-up Green. Send a message to the rest of the team. Mediocrity will no longer be tolerated.

I'm putting the loss on the whole team where it needs to be and anyone that thinks a QB can succeed alone and make plays without a good supporting cast is so full of BS its not even funny,

Sorry Charlie... TE's not going anywhere... so dream on...we have a HC with at least half a brain...

I'm putting the loss on the whole team where it needs to be and anyone that thinks a QB can succeed alone and make plays without a good supporting cast is so full of BS its not even funny,

Sorry Charlie... TE's not going anywhere... so dream on...we have a HC with at least half a brain...

Dog, I appriciate your loyalty, but TE is really bad and his shortcomings are the biggest issue this team has. The only word I can come up with for his decision making is,.. "confusing".

Dog, I appriciate your loyalty, but TE is really bad and his shortcomings are the biggest issue this team has. The only word I can come up with for his decision making is,.. "confusing".

TE is not responsible for all those holding penalties. TE is not responsible for the horrific running game with the 3-backs in place.

Teams that win play to their strengths. The bills did not. They couldn't stop the Dolphins from running the ball down their throat and taking control of time of possession. The bills could not run the ball.

Sure, Edwards did not play well, but the team did not lose because of him. What I was disappointed was Edwards not inspiring confidence amongst his teammates. Edwards should have been pumping them up on that last desperate drive, but saw a guy with a sorry face inside that helmet. I hope TE can forget this game and move forward.

That may happen, but it won't make a difference. This organization is going nowhere fast. The difference between the Bills and Dolphins is huge, starting with the off season additions: The Fins signed one of the biggest defensive free agents in Dansby, his impact was felt the 3rd play of the game, and they traded for Marshall. What did we add? "B" level free agents at best, probably closer to "C" level free agents in Torber, etc. The below article says it perfectly as far as Edwards or anyone else you put behind center on this embarrasment of an organization:

Miami struggled to beat the Bills by 5 points (the Bills gave them 2 of those 5) when the Bills basically had zero, notta, zilch Offense for the better part of the entire Game...How anyone could look at that Miami Team and think they are light years ahead of the Bills is beyond me...Give Me Jake Long and a decent QB and the Bills leapfrog Miami in a heartbeat...That IS NOT an endorsement of the Bills talent...Instead it is simply pointing out that Miami is not that good either...Something I think the rest of the NFL, starting with Minnesota this coming week, is going to show us in these weeks to come...B-)

I don't know why more defenses don't pick Edwards off more often. He throws to RBs and throws into the flat 80% of the time.

If only Trent could throw a tighter spiral, those two Dolphin DB's he hit in the hands out there might have scored.

TE is not responsible for all those holding penalties. TE is not responsible for the horrific running game with the 3-backs in place.

Teams that win play to their strengths. The bills did not. They couldn't stop the Dolphins from running the ball down their throat and taking control of time of possession. The bills could not run the ball.

Sure, Edwards did not play well, but the team did not lose because of him. What I was disappointed was Edwards not inspiring confidence amongst his teammates. Edwards should have been pumping them up on that last desperate drive, but saw a guy with a sorry face inside that helmet. I hope TE can forget this game and move forward.

Trent is no friend to our running game.

And I stand by my statement - Trent's shortcomings are the biggest issue this team has.

Nope, we lost because of the incompetence of Trent Edwards, Period.

Guest dog14787

Well, Chan's using his half brain appropriately...he knows where the blame lies:

"The quarterback and the head coach take the blame in this game," Bills coach Chan Gailey said. "We both understand that. We're both big boys."

http://www.winnipegsun.com/sports/football/2010/09/12/15326981.html

I think I can take you in a wrestling match Heels :flirt:

Edited by dog14787

Edwards was bad yesterday but not horrible. Few QB's look good when there is virtually no running game and he did make some nice throws. Yes he bailed out early. When Edwards get's rocked early he bails out. The Bills need to pull him out for a series or two when than happens and settle him down. Give Fitz a series or two to calm things and then put Edwards back in. The Bills and some fans here need to lower their expectations for this season.

If at the bye week we are not getting .500 ball out of Edwards then we need to make a change. I am predicting that change will be Brian Brohm.

Edited by Trader

Guest dog14787

Edwards was bad yesterday but not horrible. Few QB's look good when there is virtually no running game and he did make some nice throws. Yes he bailed out early. When Edwards get's rocked early he bails out. The Bills need to pull him out for a series or two when than happens and settle him down. Give Fitz a series or two to calm things and then put Edwards back in. The Bills and some fans here need to lower their expectations for this season.

If at the bye week we are not getting .500 ball out of Edwards then we need to make a change. I am predicting that change will be Brian Brohm.

Not sure about the fitz thing, but the wildcat was working and I seen zero reason not to have used it more in key points of the game.

Look for Trent to start this Sunday. If he flops again.....Fitzy will be under center in week 3. IMHO.

God love the Bills fans when Fitz looks like a better option. He prob is, but that's not saying much at all. We should just play 9 O-linemen and forget trying to pass. Or maybe 10 and play w/out a QB.

God love the Bills fans when Fitz looks like a better option. He prob is, but that's not saying much at all. We should just play 9 O-linemen and forget trying to pass. Or maybe 10 and play w/out a QB.

Fitz played a similar Miami team last Nov., same crummy offensive line. All he did was throw for 250+ yds and ran for another 50 in a 31-14 win. Yeah- i'd say Fitz is better.

The two near pick-sixes he threw were in every way horrible. They were telegraphed passes that should have been caught with ease, and moreover they were on low-yield plays. In fact one of the reasons they were jumped is because the Dolphins had figured out that they should expect low-yield pass attempts regardless of the game situation. Common sense would dictate that you don't press near the goal line. Instead, you should give a bit of a cushion given the amount of time left and the distance that needs to be traveled. However, by that point the Phins had realized that even if the Bills had to move the ball quickly down the field or else lose, the QB for the Bills would still try relatively meaningless dumpoffs.