Worst cities for NFL game traffic

This was about the dumbest article I have ever read.

The point of comparison is "typical speeds on roads around the stadium" on non-game days. Well, duh. Of course traffic in Orchard Park will be markedly slower than normal on game days. At the Meadowlands traffic sucks ALL the time, not just on game days, so games don't affect their traffic as much.

I don't even get in my car for at least 2 hours after the game, there just isn't any point.

You park in the wrong place then.

I could tell you where I park (and the shortcuts I take to get to and from the spot) but then I'd have to kill you.

This was about the dumbest article I have ever read.

At the Meadowlands traffic sucks ALL the time, not just on game days, so games don't affect their traffic as much.

Agreed on both counts.

Getting out of the lot is just the first disaster at the Meadowlands. Then you get put on the NJ Turnpike heading straight into the late Sunday GWB traffic. I'd take the Buffalo situation anyday over that mess.

The roads around the stadium aren't really conducive to getting out quickly, or handling the sort of gameday traffic that occurs. I would agree that the Bills have one of the worst traffic situations in the league. On the bright side, I think that the stadium being away from downtown is fantastic.

I've been to games in both St. Louis (many times b/c I live here) and Miami. St. Louis by far is the best traffic situation. So easy to get out, we have like 3 highways that intersect downtown. Miami wasn't too bad but I do remember sitting in a huge line.

Agreed on both counts.

Getting out of the lot is just the first disaster at the Meadowlands. Then you get put on the NJ Turnpike heading straight into the late Sunday GWB traffic. I'd take the Buffalo situation anyday over that mess.

Traffic for nets games is a breeze though. Probably because I'm the only one there, but that's another story.

I've been to concerts at Giants, pretty bad... but nothing is worse than the Fed Ex horror show. :thumbdown:

Just went to FedEx for the first time... park at the metro station at Largo. 98% of fans leaving the stadium via the metro will be headed toward the city, so you can easily get to Largo, and right on 495 from there. Just thought I'd share.

LA has the worse traffic no matter what time or what day. Buffalo also doesn't have the mass transit to stadiums like other cities do. I know san diego has a trolly that goes right do the stadium and traffic after a game is no different then a normal rush hour here. Besides the wait in traffic gives u more time to sober up before hit the thruway.

LA has the worse traffic no matter what time or what day. Buffalo also doesn't have the mass transit to stadiums like other cities do. I know san diego has a trolly that goes right do the stadium and traffic after a game is no different then a normal rush hour here. Besides the wait in traffic gives u more time to sober up before hit the thruway.

Traffic before the game is expected and you just go there earlier.

Good thing they didn't look at data after the game. I don't even get in my car for at least 2 hours after the game, there just isn't any point.

Getting to the Ralph is easy and I consider it a pleasurable drive in. Heading out with friends to meet up with more friends, grill and have a couple beers.

That being said my crew falls into the tailgate after the game crowd. The Thruway, 219 and 20A are all nightmares after a game.

It also seems as the article only uses info from TomTom. A couple years ago I was in the hospital (Buffalo General) and got discharged at 11:25am. It was enoguh time to drive home, throw my Bills gear on and still tailgate for 20 minutes.

Edited by NyQuil

Traffic for nets games is a breeze though. Probably because I'm the only one there, but that's another story.

If you go this year to the Izod Center for a Nets game, you literally will be the only one there. The rest of the people will be in Newark. I went to a Nets game last year & there was virtually no traffic getting out of the sports complex. I don't plan on going to Newark, maybe Brooklyn one of these years.

Ridiculous article. Getting to and from the Ralph on gameday is a breeze; there are so many different approaches to the stadium that I've almost never gotten stuck anywhere. The worst, by far, is/was Foxboro. I don't know if it's improved since the new stadium was built, but I went to a Bills game there in the early 90's and it was an absolute nightmare. There was only one road in and out of there and it iterally took 3 hours to get back to Boston after the game.

I have been to 4 stadiums and found Buffalo's the easiest. Those in the know are aware of backroads and what not to get to the game. We all have our ways. If you know where to park and know how to get there than you have no problem going to and from the game. That being said, I still get there at about 9 and still do not leave until an hour after the game. Even when I would go straight from the Ralph to Toledo on 90 East after a late game I could get to the PA border in about an hour.

The article does not look at the average fan and that fans knowledge of the stadium. The old Cleveland stadium was awful to leave. The old Lions stadium was horrible because you would end up parking so far away! The Panthers stadium is not too bad, there are enough roads to get out of the snarls but if you try to get on the 277, 77, or even 85 you'll have problems. (All of that is nothing compared to Michigan Int. Speedway or Lowes Motor Speedway).

Just went to FedEx for the first time... park at the metro station at Largo. 98% of fans leaving the stadium via the metro will be headed toward the city, so you can easily get to Largo, and right on 495 from there. Just thought I'd share.

Thanks, I'll have to try that, I've only gone by car.

Agree that Philly is great, in-and-out with ease most every time, only delays I've ever experienced was when there was road construction going on.

Not a major city, but Hershey, PA has God-awful traffic for the shows there.

San Diego is way worse than Buffalo...One road in and that backs up badly and then just shuts down(Friars Rd). They do have a trolley that gets people in there pretty effectively but getting out on the trolley is a nightmare...Orchard Park is easy, at leat 2-3 ways in..back roads like California are a piece of cake! Where is Phoenix on here? You need to park a mile away and then take a bus to the stadium lot-That place sucked.