Espn scouting report on Bills-Dolphins game

buffalo_bills

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scouting?gameId=300912002&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fscouting%3fgameId%3d300912002

Something tells me that Trent will outperform Henne on Sunday. And are you serious? Miami has better DB's? I was laughing at this, and ESPN should honestly be ashamed of themselves.

Although I like our crew of returners and our kickers I'm not sure our special teams are better than Miami's. After all, the returners don't really factor in as much if the blocking isn't there. The one positive note that is consistently made in regards to the 2010 Buffalo Bills are the special teams, but that's clearly just lazy reporting based on reputation. Like so many have said, let's wait until the true 2010 Bills reveal themselves before we give a lick about what the media types report as fact. Quite frankly, I think they'll be doing some Chan ball washing by mid season.

Bills DBs are a bit better.

Bills special teams look really really bad so far, and I would give the edge to the Dolphins there.

You mean based upon preseason, when players who won't even make the final roster are thrown together on ST just to see what they can do?

Good analysis Ben.

You mean based upon preseason, when players who won't even make the final roster are thrown together on ST just to see what they can do?

Good analysis Ben.

eball, i think ben is full of stojan, but i have to agree with him. look at who our ST's has lost Jenkins is gone, Corto is on the PUP and schouman was waived. those are all big losses for the ST. However, you are right that we haven't seen our complete ST roster until Sunday

eball, i think ben is full of stojan, but i have to agree with him. look at who our ST's has lost Jenkins is gone, Corto is on the PUP and schouman was waived. those are all big losses for the ST. However, you are right that we haven't seen our complete ST roster until Sunday

And therefore I rest my case. Ben's a knucklehead.

Edited by eball

I guess the only way we are going to get respect is to earn it. I don't know why they would think the Buffalo DL is better than Miami's as the line is practically all new and the backers are adjusting to positions. I hope they prove to be better on sunday, but a prediction right now seems weird, unless the Dolphins defensive line is just plain awful. If their d-lin IS awful, I would be very afraid of our running game.

QB is okay as a prediction but TE seems to be showing lots of improvement, Evans is an all pro with experience with this qb and Parrish seems to be contributing (we are a little weak in receivers).

The O-line is not as bad as many of us thought they were, but not the best going.

Special teams...new coach..talented players, very very good kickers...I'm not too worried.

Coaching? I think Gailey as a game day coach seems to make the most out of the talent he's got. I'm seeing him finding a strategy to win. Bills 27-Miami 24

Guest dog14787

How about this article. Bill Cower and Phil Simms comments about Chan Gailey and Trent Edwards.

Nice article from Tim Graham :thumbsup:

The Bills haven't even played their first regular season game under Chan Gailey and you can already see a change in how the Bills are perceived by a few of the experts.

I have a great deal of respect for Bill Cowher and I also like think Phil Simms is very good at analyzing QB's in the league.

Nice article from Tim Graham :thumbsup:

The Bills haven't even played their first regular season game under Chan Gailey and you can already see a change in how the Bills are perceived by a few of the experts.

I have a great deal of respect for Bill Cowher and I also like think Phil Simms is very good at analyzing QB's in the league.

Keep in mind that Cowher had Gailey on his staff, and may just be talking that way because he knows Gailey. On the other hand though, since he does know Gailey, he would know what he is capable of and can offer meaningful insight, instead of just blindly throwing hate for Buffalo like many other *experts*. I am inclined to believe the latter case since Simms is in agreement.

Regardless, its nice to read something that doesn't breed the negativity like every other column/power ranking/prediction.

Edited by kdub

Good analysis Ben.

What would you base your analysis on? Your magic crystal ball? Or the fact that Chris Brown tells you that the Bills have "excellent special teams"?

Moorman is past his prime, Lindell is average, and the days of the Stamer/Wire type special teams heroes are gone.

You guys are laughing at the wrong part.

It says we have the better DL.

We do. I don't understand the folks here who are still worried about our DL - that was a legitimate comcern in April - the preseason has made that look like a non-issue.

Edwards-Williams-Stroud have looked damned good up there. Troup and Carrington have shown good promise.

Remember - this is a 3-4 now - we're not looking for a bunch of sacks from the DL.

The scary thing has been our LB's - they have shown very little.

What would you base your analysis on? Your magic crystal ball? Or the fact that Chris Brown tells you that the Bills have "excellent special teams"?

Moorman is past his prime, Lindell is average, and the days of the Stamer/Wire type special teams heroes are gone.

Oh good grief. Moorman put up a 40-net LAST year. Lindell is way better than average.

And the coveage was dramatically better against Detroit - it seems pretty obvious DeHaven had whittled down to the personnel he actually wants out there.

Actually I'm laughing at all the people who pay for this kind of "inside information".

Good point, haha.

We do. I don't understand the folks here who are still worried about our DL - that was a legitimate comcern in April - the preseason has made that look like a non-issue.

Edwards-Williams-Stroud have looked damned good up there. Troup and Carrington have shown good promise.

Remember - this is a 3-4 now - we're not looking for a bunch of sacks from the DL.

The scary thing has been our LB's - they have shown very little.

I have to respectfully disagree with this one. I think its impossible for either of us to speculate too much as to how our line will look come game day. We have admittedly been running a fairly vanilla defense in the pre-season, and having gone to a 4-3 in the Detroit game, its obvious we're being mysterious with it.

That being said, I'm not sure how I stand on our D-Line pressure. Personally, I believe that the player who stands the best chance to get constant QB pressure is going to be John McCargo, its just a matter of getting him on the field. I like Stroud at the end, but I'm going to have to say that he is going to be in there to fill up some holes in the run game on the outside moreso than he will be in there to get pressure on the QB.

I know we're not looking for sacks with our D-Line, but two of the three starters have a bad track record against the run, and it sounds to me more and more that we'll be playing some 4-3.