Favorite Bills-Dolphins games

tomdayfan

I was at the game three years ago when we put up 24 points in the first quarter in a near-blizzard. Both Jackson and Lynch ran for 100 yards each, Lyndell set a record for consecutive field goals made, someone had a pick-6, and I think a 70 yard TD bomb from Trent.

Best day of my life.

Oh, and free beer all day on account of it being a chartered bar trip.

Two games have great memories.

1966... Bills squeak Miami at the Rockpile 58--24.

I was there...YAY

1989...Kelly's TD at the buzzer is a great way to

open the Dolphins new Stadium.

I am hoping that the 2010 opener is memorable also.

as in "wow, Spiller was a great pick"

Two games come to mind right now:

1991 Divisional playoff in the snow - Bills win 44-34 on the way to SB XXV

2002 regular season in the snow - Ricky Williams had almost 200 yards rushing, but Bledsoe hit a couple of long TD passes

Do you see a theme with these games?

2002 regular season in the snow - Ricky Williams had almost 200 yards rushing, but Bledsoe hit a couple of long TD passes

I see Chicken Wings :rolleyes:

Big Plays win games. However that works when you have extraordinary talent that you can keep exchanging blows. For an average team like the Bills, the best way to win is to control the clock and make a few solid plays and squeak by. A majority of the NFL teams are of this nature.

'87. Narrow loss at home to the Jets, followed by a thrilling come-from-behind win vs. Oilers. Then came the strike and scrub games. The strike over and all players back, we traveled to Miami for our first ever game in their new stadium. Marino passed them to a 21-3 second quarter lead. Then Kelly came out SMOKIN'! Riddick and Burkett had huge games and we took the lead before Marino tied it at games' end. Scott Norwood delivered the OT FG and a new NFL power was born!

:thumbsup:

Not the flashiest by any means, but I have always loved the 1992 AFC Championship Game in Miami. They were talking so much trash before the game, and the Bills just laid the smack down on their candy asses. The AP pic of Loser Dan after the game was priceless.

Edited by Rico

October 9, 1983 -- BILLS WIN IN ORANGE BOWL

"The Bills beat the Miami Dolphins 38-35 in overtime for their first victory at the Orange Bowl since 1966. RB Joe Cribbs' one-yard TD reception from Joe Ferguson with 23 seconds left and Joe Danelo's 36-yard FG with 1:02 left in overtime won the game. Miami QB Dan Marino made his first career start in the game."

This game is a good one for me because I have a game ball signed by thirteen of the Bills, along with the date and score of the game written on it by the coach. Talk about breaking a losing streak. That is what it will kind of feel like when we finally beat the Pats I think.

Not the flashiest by any means, but I have always loved the 1992 AFC Championship Game in Miami. They were talking so much trash before the game, and the Bills just laid the smack down on their candy asses. The AP pic of Loser Dan after the game was priceless.

Was that the game when the said the Bills were "like a bad restaurant closing early"?

ah, the good old days.

2002 regular season in the snow - Ricky Williams had almost 200 yards rushing, but Bledsoe hit a couple of long TD passesDo you see a theme with these games?

This. Drew was slinging the ball around despite the weather and Ricky had like two 60yd tds which was weirdly enjoyable because Moulds and Peerless were unstoppable that day. That was a fun game to be part of.

1989 Jim Kelly dive.

1990 regular season 24-14 win to clinch division, followed by 44-34 (I was at that game) win in playoffs. I wish Andre Reed still played. And that O-line. And those linebackers. And Jim Kelly. And Gale Gilbert.

Edited by Gale Gilbert

3 Games that I was at stand out.

The Ricky Williams - let it snow, let it snow, let it snow game. Bledsoe was awesome that game.

The last playoff game that Shula coached when Tinsdale and Tasker had a couple of long runs.

But the one that had to stand out the most was Opening Day 1980.

'87. Narrow loss at home to the Jets, followed by a thrilling come-from-behind win vs. Oilers. Then came the strike and scrub games. The strike over and all players back, we traveled to Miami for our first ever game in their new stadium. Marino passed them to a 21-3 second quarter lead. Then Kelly came out SMOKIN'! Riddick and Burkett had huge games and we took the lead before Marino tied it at games' end. Scott Norwood delivered the OT FG and a new NFL power was born!

I was there! A wonderful comeback! IIRC it was the first regular season game played at Joe Robbie Stadium.

Edited by ConradDobler

My personal favorite, and was there to boot.

Then we played them at our place and won 27-0. Headline in the next day's D&C: "Complete Dominance."

I'm also partial to our first win in the Orange Bowl, in '83 when Fergy went for 419 and Danelo kicked the GW in overtime.

3 Games that I was at stand out.

The last playoff game that Shula coached when Tinsdale and Tasker had a couple of long runs.

The game you mention is not the playoff game, but the regular season game...Both games were very enjoyable.