Oh Boise A 2011 QB Consideration ??

T master

After watching the game last night Boise St. vs. VT i noticed that Kellen Moore Boise St. QB was pretty impressive against Beamers VT D . He made throws when he needed to , and was pretty accurate . So i went and did a little home work and this is what i found .

In 3 yrs at Boise St. (although redshirted his freshmen yr), Moore has amassed in just 2 seasons 7022 yds. (not including his 215 last night) & the prediction for this year is another 3000 yd season , with that it will put him over 10000 yds in 3 full seasons (does that put him the gun slinger (ala Kelly) category ?) . He has also had 67 TD's to just 13 interceptions , not a bad ratio . His lowest passer rating to date was his sophmore year & it was 157.11 , and did i tell you he's never thrown for less than

3000 YPS ?

He did play some snaps from under center last night which is a plus and didn't seem to rattle very easy under pressure , he usually stepped up into the pocket and made his passes or scrambled when need be . I didn't write down the amount of sacks he took (career to date) but i know it wasn't very many .

I guess what i'm getting at is with size very close to that of Drew Brees ( 6'- 187 lbs a little small weight wise) do any of you think this kid would be a good grab in next years draft ?? Kind of Brees or a Brady type of pick ?

The kid seems to have a good arm to make all the throws, doesn't rattle easy, makes good decisions (proven by his interception ratio) and is a winner (record 26 & 1) in 2 plus years.

What do you as the Bills faithful think ?? We could or should i say have done worse !! :thumbsup:

Edited by T master

This does not answer your question, but I really enjoyed watching that game last night. I have enjoyed watching Boise State these past few years. They are an easy team to root for. Although I am a Canes fan, I also was very impressed with the way that VT came back. T. Taylor causes a lot of problems for any defense.

I heard on the radio today that they don't think he's got an NFL arm..........I was working around the house last night, so I had the TV on but then radios in other rooms. The Espn call on WGR drove me crazy. Every single time Tyrod Taylor did something they would say his full name. No Taylor goes to pass. Tyrod Taylor goes to pass........Can you imagine somebody saying and Drew Bledsoe goes back to pass, Drew Bledsoe pumps, Drew Bledsoe throws..........Ugh!

Did you watch the post game interview? Moore was the same height in cleats as the female ESPN sideline reporter. He describes himself as a 6 ft pocket passer which means he is 5-10. He will be luck to be drafted after he is measured at the combine. I am in no way saying he can't play at the next level but he will be lucky to get drafted.

You probably are right, but those guys are certainly fun to watch on the college level.

Did you watch the post game interview? Moore was the same height in cleats as the female ESPN sideline reporter. He describes himself as a 6 ft pocket passer which means he is 5-10. He will be luck to be drafted after he is measured at the combine. I am in no way saying he can't play at the next level but he will be lucky to get drafted.

I'll give him a pass on the height issue (see Brees, Drew).

Actually, that reporter is VERY tall - she was towering OVER Frank Beamer when she interviewed him.

On the other hand, I have to disagree with those praising Moore's accuracy though - I thought his accuracy was pretty bad. He had really good receivers.

I do not see him as NFL material at all, frankly - he looks like a system-guy to me.

I agree with you. I'll take both Titus Young and Pettis, the Boise State WR's and --at this point-- Christian Ponder.

Actually, that reporter is VERY tall - she was towering OVER Frank Beamer when she interviewed him.

On the other hand, I have to disagree with those praising Moore's accuracy though - I thought his accuracy was pretty bad. He had really good receivers.

I do not see him as NFL material at all, frankly - he looks like a system-guy to me.