Bills - Dolphins predictions

Jerry Jabber

I know we still have a week to go, but I can't help but get excited for the start of the regular season.

My prediction for next weeks game versus the fish: Bills 34, Dolphins 24

IMO, the Bills offense will be able to put points on the board, followed by the defense getting an INT or two on Henne. Dolphins will mainly score by their run game. I expect our Run "D" to be better than last year, but not quite near as good as what it should be (just yet).

Your thoughts, predictions...

I know we still have a week to go, but I can't help but get excited for the start of the regular season.

IMO, the Bills offense will be able to put points on the board, followed by the defense getting an INT or two on Henne. Dolphins will mainly score by their run game. I expect our Run "D" to be better than last year, but not quite near as good as what it should be (just yet).

You're being too generous with the phins. Bills 42, Fish 17.

I don't see either team winning by ten barring a horrific outing by one of the QBs.

Vegas disagrees with you as well. They have the rotten fish by 3 and a over/under of 38.5. You have the Bills almost beating the O/U by themselves :)

I don't have a score prediction, but I do see us losing by a small amount. Probably by less than 7.

Bills win 27 - 17 Spiller makes a receiving TD. Chan sends him out like our Thurman Thomas of old. 3 catches for 105 yards and a TD!!! SQUISH THE FISH!!!! :thumbsup:

I don't see either team winning by ten barring a horrific outing by one of the QBs.

Vegas disagrees with you as well. They have the rotten fish by 3 and a over/under of 38.5. You have the Bills almost beating the O/U by themselves :)

I don't have a score prediction, but I do see us losing by a small amount. Probably by less than 7.

I'm just going by the last time the Bills & fish met at the Ralph: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009112901/2009/REG12/dolphins@bills/recap

This year, the Bills have better coaches & better schemes than last year, so I see the Bills winning big.

Unfortunately, I think the Bills are going to start slowly, pick up steam in the middle of the season and finish strong.... which will likely mean a rough year for us.

Fins 35

Bills 24

I think the Bills will show some promise on offense, move the ball well. There will be a turnover by someone. The Fins will likely abuse the hell out of our run defense, sadly. :(

I hope I'm wrong. :)

Thank You for the topic! I was thinking of doing the same very thing and appreciate you letting me off the hook...lol

Even though I think the Bills are a project, lack critical depth, and have several holes on their roster...I think the home opener is a game that usually is won by the home team if there is not an absurd difference in the talent level of both teams. I do think Miami has a better roster, but I can't say that it's a huge difference. Miami is well coached as well and the Management from top to bottom is probably more solid.

I am mildly impressed with Chan Gailey so far! It is hard to take the preseason for more than a grain of salt, but what I liked is that the offense

seemed to run smoothly even with captain checkdown at QB. Actually, (It's premature to some extent)..Trent Edwards has done a good job to date at leading the offense and shows promise if he doesn't revert back to his old ways of dumping the ball off for short gains and getting injured quite easily. It will be interesting to see just what Edwards is capable of when the weather starts getting nasty, as he seems to lose his skills in rain, sleet, snow, fog, high-winds etc..and that will be a big challenge for him. It's not quite as hard when everyday is sunny and

60-80 degrees and the opponent isn't gameplanning.

It will be interesting to see if the Offense can carry the same momentum into the regular season once teams gameplan for their offense. I hate to say it, but I like the pick slightly better regarding C.J. Spiller as I was dead set against it initially. I still believe we should have selected a OLT high in the draft, but I can see how the Bills were mesmerized by Spiller.

The key to improvement this season probably hinges on the Bills ability to stop the run! I am not convinced that they have improved much in this area and it's a huge problem to have on defense.

On another note, I know a lot of you (including myself) are hoping the Bills pick up one of the QB's that got cut

yesterday. But, unless it's a rookie who would replace Brian Brohm I don't see the Bills bringing in anyone that could present a present day challenge to Trent Edwards. The Bills probably feel that they are set for the season, have the continuity and unit cohesiveness that they desire at the position this year. Pending this years outcome, The Bills should strongly consider drafting at a high selection in the 2011 NFL Draft.

All that being said, I think the Bills will kick a last second field goal and beat the Dolphins. I also think the Bills will get a defensive touchdown, and C.J. Spiller will rush for 127 yards and 1 touchdown. I would not be surprised if the Dolphins run a kick back for a touchdown as well as the special team coverage has been porous so far.

BUFFALO BILLS 26 MIAMI DOLPHINS 24

Edited by tonyjustbcuz

Buffalo 31 - Phins 17

Edwards has his first 300 yard passing game in a while. We pick of Henne at least twice.

That would be his first, so yes that would be real nice.

Bills 24-20

Spiller 70yd rush, 40yd receiving, TD

Lee 5-120, TD

David Nelson 3-30 TD

Edwards 22-29 245yds 3 TD 1 INT