To All of You Waiver Shoppers...

BillsPhan

As I read these posts about veterans who have been cut from other teams, that could help the Bills, I have to laugh. :w00t: How many expensive veteran free agents does Wilson/Brandon/Nix have to ignore or get out-bidded for, before you people accept the reality of Ralph Wilson's "Cash to Cap" budget? :doh:

Number one: please forget about any good vets with years of starting football in front of them getting signed by Buffalo over the next few days to few months. If they were let go because of their salaries and their being younger good less expensive players ready to take their places, why on earth do you think Wilson would pay them what they are still worth today?? Good example: The Steelers starting center that was cut. Oh sure, Nix might start a rumor the Bills are interested, and in fact they may even bring him in for a visit. But we all know he'll pick another team that will of course offer him more money. Or more realistically, Nix won't mention a word about bringing him in at all, despite the fact Hangartner is a goodt back up center, but average at best, starting center in the NFL.

So sure, the Bills might bring in some guys cut from other teams, but I for one will be shocked if any of them have more then one - two years tops - of NFL experience at their respective positions. :thumbdown: Sorry, but in my humble opinion, those are the marching orders for as long as Wilson lives - keep the team at the exact "cash to cap" budget, whatever that is.

As I read these posts about veterans who have been cut from other teams, that could help the Bills, I have to laugh. :w00t: How many expensive veteran free agents does Wilson/Brandon/Nix have to ignore or get out-bidded for, before you people accept the reality of Ralph Wilson's "Cash to Cap" budget? :doh:

Number one: please forget about any good vets with years of starting football in front of them getting signed by Buffalo over the next few days to few months. If they were let go because of their salaries and their being younger good less expensive players ready to take their places, why on earth do you think Wilson would pay them what they are still worth today?? Good example: The Steelers starting center that was cut. Oh sure, Nix might start a rumor the Bills are interested, and in fact they may even bring him in for a visit. But we all know he'll pick another team that will of course offer him more money. Or more realistically, Nix won't mention a word about bringing him in at all, despite the fact Hangartner is a goodt back up center, but average at best, starting center in the NFL.

So sure, the Bills might bring in some guys cut from other teams, but I for one will be shocked if any of them have more then one - two years tops - of NFL experience at their respective positions. :thumbdown: Sorry, but in my humble opinion, those are the marching orders for as long as Wilson lives - keep the team at the exact "cash to cap" budget, whatever that is.

There is no longer a cap and when there was it was well documented that over half the teams in the league used cash-to-cap.

There is no longer a cap and when there was it was well documented that over half the teams in the league used cash-to-cap.

Who cares if there is "no longer a cap", and who cares what half the other teams in the NFL did? I am a Buffalo Bills fan, and looking at this roster built by first year GM Nix and first year coach Gailey, I don't see very much more pure talent then the team that went home from their miserable season last year. And the fact that there is no salary cap for this season, makes this roster look even worse, don't you think??

It's not the money! The reason none of these veteran players will come here is because they can choose which team to sign with & at this point in their careers, they want to sign with a contender, not a rebuilding team. Another reason from the Bills side and once again it's not about the money: why sign a stopgap veteran during a rebuilding year when you need to develop young players? IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BILLS BEING CHEAP!!!!!!

There ain't no cap no more. If there was, the Bills would be something like $14-$17 million UNDER the actual cash-to-crap deal anyway. No reason in the world why they can't pick up a couple guys off the wire for OL and TE help.

Thanks for that info. Facts are what we need here.

I really hope they add some depth to OL and TE.

Who cares if there is "no longer a cap", and who cares what half the other teams in the NFL did? I am a Buffalo Bills fan, and looking at this roster built by first year GM Nix and first year coach Gailey, I don't see very much more pure talent then the team that went home from their miserable season last year. And the fact that there is no salary cap for this season, makes this roster look even worse, don't you think??

I was just responding to your comments. Maybe the talent isn't much better but the coaching is. That could make the biggest difference.

Bills fans will have a lot more to worry about than whether the team picks up vetrans off the waiver wire once Willson stops living.

Ralph may be by your definition "cheap", but he's the only reason we still call the team the Buffalo Bills.

Once he dies, things are going to get very interesting.

Here are some important issues

Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey made their selections and most likely are pretty happy. This IS a rebuilding project like it or not!

Its not always wise to bring in waived player, some times it is better to develop what you have.The Bills played pretty well in preseason and its not always wise to mess with chemistry either.

You can forget about a new QB, the players available are no better then Brian Brohm, a highly rated top selection.

Truth is Buddy and Gailey are not sure what they have, its a process!

Rebuilding with this Foschi guy, you have to be kidding me. There was nobody else available for TE position? Our OL is worst at tackle position than any team I have ever seen. Cornell Green is worst starting T in league. Langston Walker looks like Orlando Pace comared to this guy. Medidith and Bell? WTF. They are practice squad players, maybe on the Jets. We are in deep doo doo. Our Qbs will not last 3 or 4 weeks in a row.

Rebuilding with this Foschi guy, you have to be kidding me. There was nobody else available for TE position? Our OL is worst at tackle position than any team I have ever seen. Cornell Green is worst starting T in league. Langston Walker looks like Orlando Pace comared to this guy. Medidith and Bell? WTF. They are practice squad players, maybe on the Jets. We are in deep doo doo. Our Qbs will not last 3 or 4 weeks in a row.

There were some great TE's out there. Unfortunately they were all signed to other teams, DUH! What did you expect just floating around?

PTR

It's not the money! The reason none of these veteran players will come here is because they can choose which team to sign with & at this point in their careers, they want to sign with a contender, not a rebuilding team. Another reason from the Bills side and once again it's not about the money: why sign a stopgap veteran during a rebuilding year when you need to develop young players? IT'S NOT ABOUT THE BILLS BEING CHEAP!!!!!!

Well said! :worthy:

This is not the same team that went home from their miserable season last year:

D. Bell IR

Wood IR

Parrish Coaches Doghouse

McKelvin IR

T. Edwards Injured

K. Mitchell IR

Having them back, we are a better team. I do not believe in shopping the waiver wire, 1st off to me you are admitting to your team that another team is better by picking up their castoffs. If another team releases someone for salary reasons, and you pick him up as a FA, you do not have to pay him what the other team was paying, you only have to pay the league minimum for a player with the amount of years he has. There is a salary cap this season, there is not one next season.

This years team may not be the playoff team we all crave, but they are far from the 0-16, 2-12, 3-13 team I have seen the talking heads predict. I will take the cards we have and leave everyone else to pick from the discard pile.

Since before the draft, I had hoped the Bills would have drafted Dan Lefevor out of Central Michigan, I moved back to WNY in Jan 2010, I have lived 10 miles from CMU campus and watched Lefevor quite a bit. Just a thought, but situational insertion, wildcat formation with Lefevor and 2 or all 3 of our running backs. I feel Brohm could be elevated to #2.

Thanks for that info. Facts are what we need here.

I really hope they add some depth to OL and TE.

I agree with you.

Though there is probably some remote chance of finding a diamond in the rough, this is most likely slim pickings.

I would feel better if we had more experienced and solid O Line depth.

I'm glad Chambers is finally gone, but replacing him w/nothing is not an improvement. I don't want him back, but we need to get something back there.

Since before the draft, I had hoped the Bills would have drafted Dan Lefevor out of Central Michigan, I moved back to WNY in Jan 2010, I have lived 10 miles from CMU campus and watched Lefevor quite a bit. Just a thought, but situational insertion, wildcat formation with Lefevor and 2 or all 3 of our running backs. I feel Brohm could be elevated to #2.

:doh:

I'm not even thinking about improvements over what they have. I'm talking about just fielding a full team on Sunday. The numbers do not make sense. How can they go into the regular season with only 8 offensive lineman and one is Wang who has not played a down yet? Couple injuries and what do they do? How can you win like that? Only two TE's? One can't catch a cold. Yet, they kept 6 safety's. SIX! Maybe a couple of them can play TE.