Schobel perhaps not entirely retired

Beerball

Oh man.

Please put an end to this soap opera, Aaron. I respected you so much more before all of this 'I'm retired, no I'm not, yes I am' garbage.

It doesn't endear the fans to Favre, and it certainly won't work for you.

Just write a contract where you don't have to practice, and you can continue playing WITHOUT the drama! :wallbash:

He really is trying to be the poor man's Bruce Smith. He'll come to play as long as he doesn't have to come to camp?

Come on. I know Favre does it, and it's patently ridiculous, but at least the guy has numerous playoff appearances and a Super Bowl ring to back it up. What has Schobel done to prove that he doesn't need to play by the same rules? I'd be pissed if I were a prospective teammate on the team about to sign him.

He really is trying to be the poor man's Bruce Smith. He'll come to play as long as he doesn't have to come to camp?

Come on. I know Favre does it, and it's patently ridiculous, but at least the guy has numerous playoff appearances and a Super Bowl ring to back it up. What has Schobel done to prove that he doesn't need to play by the same rules? I'd be pissed if I were a prospective teammate on the team about to sign him.

Yeah... unless, of course, you thought that an upgrade at DE would have helped you win that one game last year that would have put you in the playoffs. Then you might not really give a **** if he was in training camp with you or not.

Yeah... unless, of course, you thought that an upgrade at DE would have helped you win that one game last year that would have put you in the playoffs. Then you might not really give a **** if he was in training camp with you or not.

I disagree. How would you react if somebody came in after you'd been working hard to get a project going at work, helped somewhat to improve the project, but got another person (who had been on the project with you from the get-go) fired in the process? You might even harbor a grudge if you had to wait for this guy to learn how things actually work at your place for a few months, and got more credit for being the flashy new guy, while all you did was perform your job the right way.

I know football isn't exactly like any other job, but Schobel has been wishy-washy about this thing from since before the end of last season. He's had plenty of time and he's given different answers on what seems like a daily basis. I respect that his job is demanding physically and that it's hard to play for a team that doesn't seem to be going anywhere. But if he wanted to reignite that fire he could have given it a good faith effort from the day he was released, instead of coyly wussing out of the decision and then deciding to join a team without having gone to battle with them over the summer.

Guest dog14787

Oh man.

Please put an end to this soap opera, Aaron. I respected you so much more before all of this 'I'm retired, no I'm not, yes I am' garbage.

It doesn't endear the fans to Favre, and it certainly won't work for you.

Just write a contract where you don't have to practice, and you can continue playing WITHOUT the drama! :wallbash:

Vikings fans may beg to differ,

Aaron Schobel still has a couple of productive years of football left in him in my opinion.

I wish Schobel the very best in whatever he so chooses to do(unless of course he's playing us)

Edited by dog14787

I'm thinking some of you haters ought to walk a mile in the shoes of a 35yr old ballplayer who knows that any second his body is going to betray him and take away forever the thing he loves doing most. The mental battle between going out on your own terms and squeezing out every last drop of joy you can is more difficult than you could ever imagine. Until you've dealt with it you'd probably be best served to shut yer inexperienced, self-important, un-informed traps.

I disagree. How would you react if somebody came in after you'd been working hard to get a project going at work, helped somewhat to improve the project, but got another person (who had been on the project with you from the get-go) fired in the process? You might even harbor a grudge if you had to wait for this guy to learn how things actually work at your place for a few months, and got more credit for being the flashy new guy, while all you did was perform your job the right way.

I know football isn't exactly like any other job, but Schobel has been wishy-washy about this thing from since before the end of last season. He's had plenty of time and he's given different answers on what seems like a daily basis. I respect that his job is demanding physically and that it's hard to play for a team that doesn't seem to be going anywhere. But if he wanted to reignite that fire he could have given it a good faith effort from the day he was released, instead of coyly wussing out of the decision and then deciding to join a team without having gone to battle with them over the summer.

If the goal of my "project" was to make it to the playoffs or SB, and this new person helped me do it whereas the old person who's place he took didn't, then I guess my "project" was better off with the new person and I'd have to shut my mouth and deal with it, now wouldn't I. Unless of course I was the person who was kicked to the curb... then I should have played better in the first place.

I'm thinking some of you haters ought to walk a mile in the shoes of a 35yr old ballplayer who knows that any second his body is going to betray him and take away forever the thing he loves doing most. The mental battle between going out on your own terms and squeezing out every last drop of joy you can is more difficult than you could ever imagine. Until you've dealt with it you'd probably be best served to shut yer inexperienced, self-important, un-informed traps.

Yeah, if he can get a few hundred thou out of the Texans, good for him. I do think though, like Farve, his biggest thing was he wanted no part of Training camp.

Hard to see how he could show up with no off season work at all and arrive on their doorstep, put on his jock, pads and new uniform, snap his chin strap and be an effective player for them on week one. Granted, being a DE, he'd be able to grasp the terminology and system better than if he were an OLineman.

that is sooo unimpressive

shoebel belongs in a box or on a belt, he is a tool.

Edited by milehiLou