Brohm, Brown or Fitzpatrick, who makes the final roster?

I feel Brown is the most likely cut, as he is a work in progress. Fitz and Brohm are both more polished. With injuries to TE and RF last year, BB was forced into action. This scenario could easily happen again. If either Fitz or Brohm are moved, that could open the door for a start by Brown. I'm not sure he is in any way near ready for this. Also as 7th rounder interest will not be too high if waived, allowing him to move to the PS where he can continue to develope. But thats just MHO. What do you all think?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Levi Brown is cut, why bother bringing him back to the practice squad? If the Bills keep Brohm over Brown, they'll need to spend time with him trying to develop him, because contrary to pre-season Brohm enthusiasm, he's a project. How much time do the coaches have to spend developing QBs?

Edited by Albany,n.y.

Fitz # 2, Brohm # 3, and Levi to the PS.

I think that would be ideally what the Bills would like, but not sure they want to take a chance on Brown passing through waivers. If not, Brohm is most likely out, since the work is Fitz has nailed down the #2 job. The decision all comes down to how much they value Brown, because if they value him, the odds are someone else will want to take a chance on him. Me personally, I haven't seen anything from Brohm that would be missed, so we might see a lot of him tonight to showcase him for possible trade bait.

Edited by billsfreak

If Levi Brown is cut, why bother bringing him back to the practice squad? If the Bills keep Brohm over Brown, they'll need to spend time with him trying to develop him, because contrary to pre-season Brohm enthusiasm, he's a project. How much time do the coaches have to spend developing QBs?

Because a player has to be cut and clear waivers to be placed on the PS.

1. Edwards 2. Fitzpatrick 3. Brown

Brown is too valuable a project to risk on the ps, and Brohm hasn't shown anything exceptional.

I don't get the part about Brown being too valuable to risk for PS?

Just thinking, not saying! If you keep Edwards, Fritz, and Brohm you have the same QB's as last year and with that does Edwards start to worry if he hits a bump (like Green Bay) and have flash backs to last year, aways looking over your shoulder?

I think you have Edwards and Brown as #3. Kept Fritz or clean the slate and pick up a guy that knows he is the #2.

I don't like keeping all three from last years.

JUST THINKING, NOT SAYING

Edited by Throwback Bills

Because a player has to be cut and clear waivers to be placed on the PS.

I don't get the part about Brown being too valuable to risk for PS?

It just seems like a waste of a pick to put him on the PS just to lose him. He was projected to go in the 4th round but he fell to us and we should hold on to him. What i don't get is the Brohm hype, he's done absolutely nothing to show that he's even on a back up level.

Edited by bills1960

It just seems like a waste of a pick to put him on the PS just to lose him. He was projected to go in the 4th round but he fell to us and we should hold on to him. What i don't get is the Brohm hype, he's done absolutely nothing to show that he's even on a back up level.

Yeah, makes sense. I don't get the Brohm excitement. I think we were just looking for someone new after seeing Edwards and Fitz perform.

Through 6 rounds nobody picked Brown and now someone is going to sign him to their 53 man roster after 5 months of training in the Buffalo Bills highly regarded QB clinic?

No. He'll be safe on the PS. I'm not saying Brohm makes it, but I don't think he disappears due to Brown.

Not necessarily, just this morning on ESPN Brian Billick was talking about how they drafted Derek Anderson way low and tried to send him to the PS and the Browns claimed him.

got a feeling a team might want to pick up fitzy for their number 2 spot

Agreed he's an upgade for: Giants, Cardinals and the Colts. Fewel might have an opinion or two about his starting QB as a potential backup.

Agreed he's an upgade for: Giants, Cardinals and the Colts. Fewel might have an opinion or two about his starting QB as a potential backup.

Painter, the QB2 for the Colts is terrible! He even looks like a doofus. If Manning were seriously injured that team would be doomed IMO.

I doubt that Chan Gailey and Nix know right now. They probably will about 5 hours from now though. There are still a few different ways they could go, depending on if Brohm plays great, good, decent, or poor, and haven't yet definitively made up their mind.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog