Brohm, Brown or Fitzpatrick, who makes the final roster?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just seems like a waste of a pick to put him on the PS just to lose him. He was projected to go in the 4th round but he fell to us and we should hold on to him. What i don't get is the Brohm hype, he's done absolutely nothing to show that he's even on a back up level.

You used the term 'was' meaning Todd McShay or some other draftnik had him slotted in the 4th. All the QB's this year appear to be taking a nose dive in camp except for Bradford. Brown will clear waivers and go to the PS. Given Trent's track record, he may be hurt by week 2 and then he may be added to the active roster. Don't worry about losing him just yet.

Brown would prob clear waivers. That said it looks pike might be cut as well. Considering the current state of the qb position is it crazy to keep two on the practice sqaud and see how they develop

I like where youre head is at but I'm not sure that has ever happened before. I could be wrong though dry.gif

Brohm's NFL career is toast after tonight.

Too bad he coasted behind Brett and Aaron and lost his edge.

He's a gonner. Sure as shootin'.

We are watching different games.

What makes each of you say what you're saying?

What makes each of you say what you're saying?

I am seeing a lot of good things from Brian tonight. It probably isn't enough to raise him to #2 if he started the night at #3 (which I can only assume he did), but he has impressed me a bit. He has moved well in the pocket for the most part and even scrambled for 1st downs. The INT was not his fault at all, and he has had several dropped passes to kill drives.

Now, he has missed a pass or two, as well. But I can't see how he has played his way out of the league. If anything I think he has shown he has real potential to play in the NFL.

After watching most of the Detroit game and the previous pre-season games, I like Brohm over Fitzpatrick.

Actually, I'm starting to wonder about all this pessimism with our QB's. When I watch them perform compared to a lot of the rest of the league with Gailey calling the plays and running the show, these three don't look too bad. Actually, Edwards has looked good. Fitzpatrick has looked average - I'd say - we know his weakness is consistency and accuracy, but he's an average second stringer - and then Brohm. I think Brohm looks better than any of the Detroit QB's, and better than maybe even some starters in the league. I don't think there's any way Brohm gets cut - his arm is too strong and he's shown good accuracy and good decision making, and he's run well, too. He looks good - and eager to be good, faking the running routes and following through with the fakes - reminding me of how P. Manning does the little things that make him so much better when tallied up.

I'm not down on our QB's. I like Brohm the best of all of them, though. His arm is for real, and he's got a quickness about his drops and his decision making is, at least, confident and sure.

After watching most of the Detroit game and the previous pre-season games, I like Brohm over Fitzpatrick.

Actually, I'm starting to wonder about all this pessimism with our QB's. When I watch them perform compared to a lot of the rest of the league with Gailey calling the plays and running the show, these three don't look too bad. Actually, Edwards has looked good. Fitzpatrick has looked average - I'd say - we know his weakness is consistency and accuracy, but he's an average second stringer - and then Brohm. I think Brohm looks better than any of the Detroit QB's, and better than maybe even some starters in the league. I don't think there's any way Brohm gets cut - his arm is too strong and he's shown good accuracy and good decision making, and he's run well, too. He looks good - and eager to be good, faking the running routes and following through with the fakes - reminding me of how P. Manning does the little things that make him so much better when tallied up.

I'm not down on our QB's. I like Brohm the best of all of them, though. His arm is for real, and he's got a quickness about his drops and his decision making is, at least, confident and sure.

I agree with you and The Dean also, as I too am able to see that Brohm is the best QB on this team. When Trent fails again, Brohm will get his chance and he won't look back. Unfortunately some around here are too narrow minded to see Brohms tools and abilities.