Bills' Wang is out on the field

FluffHead

Have we seen enough of Wang to know if he is a good player? How do we know he can back up both sides?

A] No, we don't.

B] I only meant that Meredith can play both sides.

C] It's highly unlikely we will keep three back-up tackles, unless we keep Chambers as a guy who can (not) play both.

Have we seen enough of Wang to know if he is a good player? How do we know he can back up both sides?

Gotcha and btw, I agree with you wrt Chambers.

When I fist saw him fill in at LT, I was impressed with his agility, although it was obvious that he wasn't strong. He has gone downhill since. Chambers is a nightmare at OG. He simply isn't strong enough and is a virtual bowling pin.

Has Green ever played OG? I ask because the lack of any depth at all at this position is quite scary. That said, if the Bills decide to strengthen the offensive front in the next draft (and perhaps QB), they really might be able to contend. It's a reach, but I haven't felt this way in a long time. Levy/Jauron sucked the hope out of me.

Edited by Bill from NYC

That makes Wang one of the 53 for sure, IMO. I thought there may be a chance to IR him, too, if he was out for a month into the season.

So now we have 5 starters, and probably two locks to make the team at T in Wang and Meredith, who can back up both sides. It probably means we keep two back-up guards, making 9 OL. It could unfortunately be Chambers who can play both T and G positions in a pinch (albeit not well), and I think Gailey likes Howard. This will be interesting to see what they do.

Nice to see that Freddy and Lynch will likely be back for the opener. Bring on the stinkin' Fins.

Why? He practiced for 2 days and has sat out everything since. If anything, this is the perfect option to PS him bc he hasnt seen any preseason action, and hope no one else picks him up. If they do, then just elevate him. Might be a blessing in disguise.

Why? He practiced for 2 days and has sat out everything since. If anything, this is the perfect option to PS him bc he hasnt seen any preseason action, and hope no one else picks him up. If they do, then just elevate him. Might be a blessing in disguise.

If some team picks him up, they get him. There isn't any elevating. There is only elevating if no team picks him up and he agrees to be on the Bills PS. I don't think there is much if any chance they cut a 5th round LT whom they like a lot and has a lot of tools and upside. 7th round RT with limited athleticism, sure. I thought there was a good chance they would IR him if he wasn't going to be ready for the season and was going to miss a few games for sure, a la Easley. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

You can't give anyone else the chance to take your Wang away from you.

Great news, he'll be a solid player with the right coaching and guidance. He's certainly not ready right now, but give him a couple of years and he'll be there.

Given the proper coaching, Wang should really grow.

Wang to PUP. Chambers is cut and resigned after first game so his salary is not guaranteed. For the first game they will only have 3 tackles Bell, Green, and Meredith. Levitre can be swung out to tackle in a pinch. Wood and Hangman stay where they are with Wood the back-up Center. They keep two of the project interior lineman - I have no idea which ones. Wood probably does not play the whole season opener as we will have blown the fish out by the middle of the third quarter. :thumbsup: Calloway to PS. Chambers is cut after Wang comes off PUP assuming no injuries to the tackle spots. Hopefully Meredith gets some spot duty at RT to see if he can play.

Wang to PUP. Chambers is cut and resigned after first game so his salary is not guaranteed. For the first game they will only have 3 tackles Bell, Green, and Meredith. Levitre can be swung out to tackle in a pinch. Wood and Hangman stay where they are with Wood the back-up Center. They keep two of the project interior lineman - I have no idea which ones. Wood probably does not play the whole season opener as we will have blown the fish out by the middle of the third quarter. :thumbsup: Calloway to PS. Chambers is cut after Wang comes off PUP assuming no injuries to the tackle spots. Hopefully Meredith gets some spot duty at RT to see if he can play.

IINM, Wang can't be PUP'd since he didn't start training camp on it.