WGR says Bills suck

Bulldog solo with Sully at 5. Defense and special teams will doom us. Wants us to lose for #1 pick and QB in draft. So...because it's preseason nothing the Bills are doing on offense matters, but D and ST are proven as horrible. :blink:

PTR

Bulldog solo with Sully at 5. Defense and special teams will doom us. Wants us to lose for #1 pick and QB in draft. So...because it's preseason nothing the Bills are doing on offense matters, but D and ST are proven as horrible. :blink:

PTR

He is entitled to his opinion and I agree that D and ST look to be the biggest issues for the Bills based on what we've seen so far in the preseason. But that could all change once the season starts. As far as losing to get the #1 pick to get a QB, its too early to think about that. Trent might actually turn into a decent QB. Based on the last couple performances, I've developed a small bit of optimism towards Trent. If he does well this year, then our early picks can be used for other positions OL,DL,LB, WR, etc.

My point is that we should not get all up in arms over what WGR says. Nobody really knows what is going to happen. The Bills might actually be fun to watch this year.

I stopped listening when Hose said he only listened to half of the first preseason game. ITS YOUR JOB U IDIOT!!! Those guys are coasting. A hometown team plays a game and you only watch half? Considering they only cover hometown sports and what their favorite foods are, it shouldn't be too hard to watch a game. If I were them I would be researching and talking about the teams in our division and other popular sports topics.

He's way out in left field. The offense looked quite good in the last two games. Special teams is a crapshoot all preseason especially when you have a new st coach. Our returners are good based on their experience in regular season and we have Spiller if push comes to shove, so I'd be VERY loathe to classify ST as a problem for the regular season. Finally defense is implementing a new system, we are trying players at different positions and it will take a few games before we even have any idea what the D will be like. Probably, okay, not very good as there is a lot of change with personnel that might not fit.

Nah...we'll be okay this season. I wouldn't expect us to be playoff bound but NINE WINS is within reach.

These guys suck balls.

Seriously, I have heard this crap out of them long enough. I just had to take Excedrin Migraine.

Sully: "McKelvin can't beat Florence at corner..."

Too late Sully McKelvin has been a stud the last two weeks, and has started both games. Maybe they should actually watch the games.

PTR

The special teams will improve once the starters are playing. The defense is changing schemes and will take some time to gel, we all knew that going in. It's no surprize they are terrible right now, scary how they still cannot stop the run game. We also aren't showing our hand, blitzing and adjusting until the games count, so we may improve there too. It's way too early to predict anything. The preseason has provided some promise that our offense is better than last year. We have to wait and see though. The thing that worries me the most is lack of talent and depth at OT.

Why does this type of stuff bother anyone? If the Bills are any good, they'll prove it on the field beginning in two weeks. The team has been subpar for a decade, so of course there will be negativity. Jerry Sullivan makes a living off pessimism.

Edited by McGee

PTR

So...they're telling us that defense and special teams will make this team horrible, so they should draft someone....on offense? That makes no freaking sense. If the defense and specials teams are as bad as they say they are, wouldn't it be smart to, oh, I dunno, draft a DEFENSIVE player with the #1 pick they say the Bills are destined to get?

PTR

Im sorry, but when have the Bills proven they don't suck? The only thing I would get on WGR about is restating the obvious. And NO preseason doesn't matter. I remember during the Bills SB Run the Jets one year went something like 5-0 in preseason, after that I put no stock in preseason at all.

PTR

Great post. Those jerks can't have it both ways. Either preseason matters for the offense, the defense, and special teams or it doesn't matter for the offense, the defense, and special teams. The preseason cannot be a harbinger of things to come for one part of the team and not another. Just plain stupid these guys are.

The defense doesn't look any worse than it has the last few seasons. I don't think any of us had thought they were good going into this season. And like somebody previously posted, the special teams won't be set until the 53 man roster is set.

That being said, I'd still have to agree with WGR, they're not going to be very good this season.

A hometown team plays a game and you only watch half? Considering they only cover hometown sports and what their favorite foods are, it shouldn't be too hard to watch a game. If I were them I would be researching and talking about the teams in our division and other popular sports topics.

I am looking forward to WGR's next "Country draft" myself....

How Bulldog has a job on that station should give us all hope. He has no idea what he's talking about and his reasoning for whatever he says is also worthless. Schopp and Sully may be dbags, but at least they kind of make sense.

How Bulldog has a job on that station should give us all hope. He has no idea what he's talking about and his reasoning for whatever he says is also worthless. Schopp and Sully may be dbags, but at least they kind of make sense.

Well I know some of these WGR guys off the air. They are indeed morons and often get their material from other people. THeyre the guys who never even tried out for high school sports.

I remember when WGR was a respectable radio station. Very respectable. Before they went talk/sports format, I remember listening to Stan Roberts every morning. He was good.

"The Bills suck" who knows at this point. But saying they should tank the season to get a high draft QB is the talk of low paid radio hosts who live in their parents basement.

I remember when WGR was a respectable radio station. Very respectable. Before they went talk/sports format, I remember listening to Stan Roberts every morning. He was good.

Unless Stan Roberts had a son who was on the radio you are going back almost half a century. Nostalgia brings back the good memories and let's the bad memories fade into oblivion. :thumbsup:

I have just been handed a transcript from WGR host, "The Bulldog" .

"Uh, I,I,I,I,I mean...really? No, that's right... I respect that... I agree... ahhggh.. ugggh...i want to stick a fork in my eye... aaah, I,ugfhposkleifjals..... yeah,farfinuken... I respect that,... my favorite cheese is cheddar... that's right, Mike".

Just get XM/Sirius.

Well I know some of these WGR guys off the air. They are indeed morons and often get their material from other people. THeyre the guys who never even tried out for high school sports.

Latest WGR ripoffs:

Jeremy White's "Buddy Nix Game"- an exact ripoff of ESPN's Jason Smith's ALL NIGHT Show which directly precedes them.

I briefly tuned in the other day and heard Schopp playing "The Match Game" a DIRECT ripoff of ESPN's Bob Valvano.

Is there a worse station in the country?

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Special teams suck, eh? Ryan Lindell. Who would they want to swap him with? Brian Moorman? Is there a better punter in the league? Parrish, McKelvin, Spiller, Fast Freddie? Name another team that comes close to 'house-takin' every damn kick!

Runners & gunners don't get picked 'til the fiunal 53 and will -as usual- contain starters as well. We've seen what Dehaven can do and expectations a very high.

I don't live there but I'd suggest a boycott of the channel. There's plenty of over the air sports shows to dial into fdor a few weeks. Shouldn't take more than a month before advertisers will demand their dismissal.

Jerry Sullivan makes a living off pessimism.

Yep. When I was in high school (late '80s, early '90s) the school (Canisius) got Sully to come help judge some basketball contest (might have been a slam dunk contest or something - can't remember). It was just a fun sort of thing and the judges were all giving 8s, 9s, and 10s - except Sully who was giving 3s and 4s. He got booed.

"Uh, I,I,I,I,I mean...really? No, that's right... I respect that... I agree... ahhggh.. ugggh...i want to stick a fork in my eye... aaah, I,ugfhposkleifjals..... yeah,farfinuken... I respect that,... my favorite cheese is cheddar... that's right, Mike".

Just get XM/Sirius.

Latest WGR ripoffs:

Jeremy White's "Buddy Nix Game"- an exact ripoff of ESPN's Jason Smith's ALL NIGHT Show which directly precedes them.

I briefly tuned in the other day and heard Schopp playing "The Match Game" a DIRECT ripoff of ESPN's Bob Valvano.

Is there a worse station in the country?

Maybe.

Maybe not.

What is the Buddy Nix game? I can't believe anybody would rip off Jason Smith. He is so horrible.

Saw something that Jeremy guy posted on Twitter. He is a joke. Says nothing I can't get from my drunk friend at a bar. Buffalo's media is a joke. Do any of them do any actual reporting other than Allen Wilson?

WGR...THE VOICE OF THE DRUNK FAN!

PTR

Saw something that Jeremy guy posted on Twitter. He is a joke. Says nothing I can't get from my drunk friend at a bar. Buffalo's media is a joke. Do any of them do any actual reporting other than Allen Wilson?

Wow.....I did not think Middle Earth had the internet.....Is he posting this from the "Shire" with his drinking buddies, Samwisr Gamgee and Frodo Baggins.....the dude looks straight out of that movie, and is about as tall as them as well

Edited by EndZoneCrew

How can this stuttering, stammering fool land and keep a job in broadcast media?

I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, indeed

I stopped listening when Hose said he only listened to half of the first preseason game. ITS YOUR JOB U IDIOT!!! Those guys are coasting. A hometown team plays a game and you only watch half? Considering they only cover hometown sports and what their favorite foods are, it shouldn't be too hard to watch a game. If I were them I would be researching and talking about the teams in our division and other popular sports topics.

I like listening to wgr, but I agree, it's their job to watch the entire game. Sad to think that they have something better to do; I wouldn't treat my job that way.

He is entitled to his opinion and I agree that D and ST look to be the biggest issues for the Bills based on what we've seen so far in the preseason. But that could all change once the season starts. As far as losing to get the #1 pick to get a QB, its too early to think about that. Trent might actually turn into a decent QB. Based on the last couple performances, I've developed a small bit of optimism towards Trent. If he does well this year, then our early picks can be used for other positions OL,DL,LB, WR, etc.

My point is that we should not get all up in arms over what WGR says. Nobody really knows what is going to happen. The Bills might actually be fun to watch this year.

Pretty much exactly what I was gonna say.