Levi Brown to the active roster?

What I said was Buddy Nix stated he will keep 3 quarterbacks.

Chris Brown says he believes Levi Brown will make the final 53.

Tim Graham said the Bills were show casing Fitzpatrick and he named Arizona as a likely stop.

That leaves Brohm and Fitzpatrick to fight for a roster spot.

Its all speculation, but its worth a line or two! :flirt:

Edited by DIE HARD 1967

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you SEEN the level of QB play in the league? It's absolutely a concern to leave Levi exposed on the PS if they believe he has future potential.

I also think it's probably pretty certain, historically speaking, that if your team has to get to the #3 QB for any extended period of time during a regular season you're screwed, regardless.

As I understand there is the right to match any offer tendered to a member of a practice squad. So this is porbably not a huge scare unless the though is some other team knows something the current team does not...

Could be Brohm or Fitz, This will be decided Thursday,..... I think brohm will be cut,.... Keep Fitz as a vet and teacher.

Keep Fitz as a vet and teacher? That's funny, I thought the Bills need a back up quarterback, not Obi Won Kanobe. In my humble opinion, Fitz should be cut by tomorrow and allowed to catch on with another team. Brohm and Brown are fine as back ups / #3's. They are both young and have more upside then Fitzy, who by the way is only about 26 or 27 himself, but has zero upside beyond what he is, a career number two.

Because things are so damned tentative with Edwards being the starter, Fitzy is simply not good enough to "take over as a number one" half way through the season. Brohm should absolutely be the back up this season, because Fitz had his chance to be the starter on a pretty damn good offense in Cinti a couple years ago when Palmer went down, and he sucked. Brohm deserves a chance to be a second string one play away from starter, to see how he does. And Levi? Who knows, but the kid is just a 7th round rookie.

As I understand there is the right to match any offer tendered to a member of a practice squad. So this is porbably not a huge scare unless the though is some other team knows something the current team does not...

The team has a right to match (or exceed) any offer, but the player is a FA and can take whichever offer he wants. It isn't like being an RFA where the team keeps the player by matching the offer. At least that's what I think the situation is.

Here is my problem..........

I have little faith Edwards can survive a 16 game schedule

Brohm is less then an unknown and perhaps a BUST.

With Fitpatrick gone, Brown might have to start.

Also a little known fact that never makes the board.

There is an unwritten agreement between NFL GM's

You don't claim emergency QB from a teams Practice Squad.

If you do........ the GM will get even later!

If I was Buddy Nix I am very careful whom I place on the P.S.

Green Bay will most likely be watching!

Edited by DIE HARD 1967

Here is my problem..........

I have little faith Edwards can survive a 16 game schedule

Brohm is less then an unknown and perhaps a BUST.

With Fitpatrick gone, Brown might have to start.

Also a little known fact that never makes the board.

There is an unwritten agreement between NFL GM's

You don't claim emergency QB from a teams Practice Squad.

If you do........ the GM will get even later!

If I was Buddy Nix I am very careful whom I place on the P.S.

Green Bay will most likely be watching!

How do you know about this unwritten agreement between NFL GM's? So a player has to sit on a practice squad all year making $1000-$2000 a week instead of being on an active roster making a couple hundred grand because of some unwritten rule? I'm guessing the players union would have something to say if found out.

How do you know about this unwritten agreement between NFL GM's? So a player has to sit on a practice squad all year making $1000-$2000 a week instead of being on an active roster making a couple hundred grand because of some unwritten rule? I'm guessing the players union would have something to say if found out.

Well, I first heard about the agreement a few years back on an ESPN special called Inside the Circle.

Its a set of rules for the good ol boys.

You can break them, but they Will get even.

Edited by DIE HARD 1967

Well, I first heard about the agreement a few years back on an ESPN special called Inside the Circle.

Its a set of rules for the good ol boys.

You can break them, but they Will get even.

A few years back, that may have been true.

:worthy:

What are you talking about? How is it a concern to let a seventh rounder who's gone 5-for-12 in three games for negligible yardage get put on the practice squad? Have you SEEN him play? How is he better than any other project in this league? And are you telling me that if Fitz and Trent went down we'd be just as well off with Brown under center as we would with Brohm? How does that help anybody?

Considering they haven't even named a starter yet, and the likely starter is a concussion waiting to happen, I don't see this being the case. At this point I'd be quite surprised if they don't carry Trent, Fitz, and Brohm in that order. None of them have done anything to move them from their current spots. Brown gets PS'ed almost certainly.

So they think so highly of him that they don't even want to give him practice reps? Are they afraid that Belichick might be secretly taping their closed practices? Seriously? Brown was a 7th rd draft pick for a reason. He has some potential, but he is years away from being ready to play. He will be cut and placed on the practice squad. No team in the NFL is going to "steal" him and keep him on the active roster.

I don't always see eye to eye with you two, but I happen to agree with every word you guys said here

I think they go into the season with just Edwards and Fitz - Go ahead and blast me. Brohm will be cut and remain unsigned - no other team wanted him last year and he hasn't done anything for a team to want him now. Brown will also be cut and signed to the PS. Brohm will be resigned some time after the first game if Trent of Fitz get hurt.

I think they will only go with two QB's to make more room for an extra RB at least until Jackson is back, an extra WR(I think they will keep Hardy), and an extra LB. The third QB while not counting against the game day roster still counts in the 53 man roster.

I would say it is at least 50/50 there will be a QB added to the team this season who currently is not on the roster.

I don't always see eye to eye with you two, but I happen to agree with every word you guys said here

I think if you really analyzed the quality of QBs on the 32 rosters across the league, you might see my point a bit more clearly. I'm certainly not suggesting Brown is ready for any regular season action right now, but if a coach like Gailey thinks he has potential to play in a year or two (i.e., be a legitimate #2 next year), I'm also pretty sure other teams would be willing to snatch him up as their #3.

We can all have differing opinions, it's no big deal, but guys like Leonidas act as though theirs is the only one that matters. The truth is, we don't know what Gailey/Nix think after a summer of camp. They're definitely not playing Levi a lot in the games -- whether that is because they want to see the other QBs more, or because they want to hide Levi, is anybody's guess.

Keep Fitz as a vet and teacher? That's funny, I thought the Bills need a back up quarterback, not Obi Won Kanobe. In my humble opinion, Fitz should be cut by tomorrow and allowed to catch on with another team. Brohm and Brown are fine as back ups / #3's. They are both young and have more upside then Fitzy, who by the way is only about 26 or 27 himself, but has zero upside beyond what he is, a career number two.

Because things are so damned tentative with Edwards being the starter, Fitzy is simply not good enough to "take over as a number one" half way through the season. Brohm should absolutely be the back up this season, because Fitz had his chance to be the starter on a pretty damn good offense in Cinti a couple years ago when Palmer went down, and he sucked. Brohm deserves a chance to be a second string one play away from starter, to see how he does. And Levi? Who knows, but the kid is just a 7th round rookie.

Fitz WAS our starter last year--for half the season and won 4 games. So you think Brohm, who has done nothing, is a better option at backup, right now, than Fitz? You would make him #2 just "to see how he does" if TE goes down?

Yeah, OK.