Antonio Bryant cut by Bengals...

Big Turk

Just signed him to a huge FA deal, 4 years $28 million...then cut him before even playing a snap while he is recovering from knee surgery...guess them signing TO made him expendable...

Anyone interested, or should we just go with the youth?

Just signed him to a huge FA deal, 4 years $28 million...then cut him before even playing a snap while he is recovering from knee surgery...guess them signing TO made him expendable...

Anyone interested, or should we just go with the youth?

He has battled injuries at Cinci, and Tampa and has been somewhat of a head case through his career. With the addition of TO I can't say i'm surprised.

Pass. Give Parish/Hardy/Johnson one more year under a real coach.

Parrish isn't going anywhere and what they do with the outside WR position has nothing to do with him. Nothing!

Would anyone like to debate why Darrelle Revis is holding out now? Or any hold out for that matter. Dude signs a 4 year 28 million dollar contract, gets hurt, and gets cut. If he didn't get the 7 mil upfront, he'd be screwed. Revis would be a fool to play under his current contract.

A team that is in a win now at all costs mode like the Vikings will pick him up. Yeah he is likely better then Hardy or Johnson BUT he has had a very bad attitude problem and he showed it big time with Tampa Bay. Tampa was bad but he was having a good year so he bitched and moaned the whole time there. Why would he be different on Buffalo?

Pass besides I doubt he would want to come here.

PASS ... it is really time to stop looking at the oft injured castaways from other teams ... if we are going to have a really good team we need to let our players play and develop!

Although I am a Stevie Johnson fan, I have to admit I want to see more and more of David Nelson. With Easley coming back to us next season I feel good about our wide-out's ... just give them time.

Parrish isn't going anywhere and what they do with the outside WR position has nothing to do with him. Nothing!

Would anyone like to debate why Darrelle Revis is holding out now? Or any hold out for that matter. Dude signs a 4 year 28 million dollar contract, gets hurt, and gets cut. If he didn't get the 7 mil upfront, he'd be screwed. Revis would be a fool to play under his current contract.

I am afraid I have to dissagree with you on Revis. He just redid a contract that he hired a "professional" agent to broker for him. Now he has a big year and all of a sudden the Jets should throw away his deal to give him more money. No! Because next year he will want more. He signed a deal and I feel he should play it out. You give a great reason for the Jets not to redo a deal. Say he signs a new deal for 30 mil guaranteed and blows out a knee and what do the Jets get, a 30 Mil dollar hole in thier budget and a DB with a bad wheel. Sorry I can't bleed for him. And one other thing, I could live pretty well on the bonus money he has collected already. It's all about greed and jealousy.

He wasn't cut because of TO...they signed TO because they knew they were going to cut him because he was struggling with injuries...in other words TO was his replacement. There was talk of him maybe not making the rosters weeks before TO ever signed there, this was expected and known for a while now, they just finally made it official.

i get the impression the team is happy with the WR's on the roster. i suspect Favre will be lobying to get him in viking land.

Huh? Gailey has made numerous comments making nuance to how the wide receivers aren't where he wants them to be, in regards to progressing. Most of his comments have been about mental errors. But I have never gotten the impression the team is happy with their WR's, especially after one was put on IR that they invested a 4th round pick on, and a second rounder that can't stay on the field.

I am afraid I have to dissagree with you on Revis. He just redid a contract that he hired a "professional" agent to broker for him. Now he has a big year and all of a sudden the Jets should throw away his deal to give him more money. No! Because next year he will want more. He signed a deal and I feel he should play it out. You give a great reason for the Jets not to redo a deal. Say he signs a new deal for 30 mil guaranteed and blows out a knee and what do the Jets get, a 30 Mil dollar hole in thier budget and a DB with a bad wheel. Sorry I can't bleed for him. And one other thing, I could live pretty well on the bonus money he has collected already. It's all about greed and jealousy.

I don't understand what you disagree on? You gave the organizations perspective and I gave the players. Is there any doubt why the player (Revis) is doing what he's doing?

The issue with the argument that he signed a deal and should play it out is that the Jets also signed the deal, but are able to cut him anytime they want and owe him nothing. So the player is forced to live with the deal he signed, but the team isn't. That isn't fair. That is why players hold out, because in their mind the team shows no loyalty and can cut them anytime they want, and they have to get their money in the form of a big signing bonus, which is the only money they are guaranteed to be able to keep.

The issue with the argument that he signed a deal and should play it out is that the Jets also signed the deal, but are able to cut him anytime they want and owe him nothing. So the player is forced to live with the deal he signed, but the team isn't. That isn't fair. That is why players hold out, because in their mind the team shows no loyalty and can cut them anytime they want, and they have to get their money in the form of a big signing bonus, which is the only money they are guaranteed to be able to keep.

Revis got his signing bonus already when he signed his original contract. And the Jets are not telling him that he has to play under his original contract. They have made him (based on reports I have heard) a 10 year/$120 million offer. And I am sure that includes a large signing bonus. The guy is your typical athlete who thinks he is better than he really is because his agent and the media say so. The NFL is the greatest team game in the world. The Jets are not going to cave in to his demands. He is not bigger than the team. In the NFL, teams almost never cave. The game is greater than its players. The owners know that. They know that we the fans want our TEAMS to win. And we will always love our TEAMS. They know that the Jets' fans will be rooting like crazy come opening day whether Revis is playing or not.

Same thing happened with Peters. The Bills were not going to cave in to his demands. Instead we just traded him. And seriously, do any of you seriously dislike the team more because we got rid of a lazy, seriously overrated lineman who has a penchant for getting injured? Anyone who has watched this great game for any length of time has to agree with me.