Crickets.... That is all I hear from the Brohm guys!!!&#3

sharper802

Bye bye Brian. Good luck in the UFL.

Maybe we should let him play a little bit before sending him packing? And maybe, just maybe he's not the savior so many here want him to be, but he's at least good enough to make the team despite only throwing one pass tonight?

Seriously, can this thread being any stupider? Just because Trent has one good preseason game does not change Brohms potential...it literally has absoulutely no relevance on any level to Brohms potential. If he had come out and stunk it up, then you could have a leg to stand on. But they gave Fitz the go ahead in this game as they will likely give Brohm the go ahead in the next game for the battle for the backup spot. If Brohm struggles next week, then maybe...but right now, Chan has said nothing but good things about him and he is still competing for the 2nd string job.

But, you and a few other posters whos girls were knocked up by Brohm just cant help yourselves. The kid still has potential and is still battling for the second string job until Chan says otherwise. And there is still a good possibility we will keep all 3 guys.

PS: One preseason game doesnt all of a sudden salvage Trents career. He still needs to do it when it counts and also try and have his first season since High School of being injury free. Its great to see Trent have success, but this game means nothing come week 1.

Not that I disagree with your first line, but your hate for Trent is a little silly (and also well documented). I know Brohm is the only one who hasn't shown a level of suckitude on this team, but it says something that he's really been unable to climb on top of this shitpile we have at QB - either Edwards (and even Fitz) really is showing him up in practice and at camp or else Brohm really hasn't shown anything to give the coaches a reason to put him out there with the first team.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bye bye Brian. Good luck in the UFL.

Lee Evans even thinks the silence is deafening!!

Regards,

Cricket sound when Jim Rome interviewed Lee Evans and Evans was completely silent for like 15 seconds...

Look at the schedule we have in front of us. We will keep Edwards, Brohm and Fitz. At Green Bay (Game 2), at New England (Game 3)

Edwards has looked good but with the Pack and Pats on the horizon - will he hold up?

Seriously, can this thread being any stupider? Just because Trent has one good preseason game does not change Brohms potential...it literally has absoulutely no relevance on any level to Brohms potential. If he had come out and stunk it up, then you could have a leg to stand on. But they gave Fitz the go ahead in this game as they will likely give Brohm the go ahead in the next game for the battle for the backup spot. If Brohm struggles next week, then maybe...but right now, Chan has said nothing but good things about him and he is still competing for the 2nd string job.

But, you and a few other posters whos girls were knocked up by Brohm just cant help yourselves. The kid still has potential and is still battling for the second string job until Chan says otherwise. And there is still a good possibility we will keep all 3 guys.

PS: One preseason game doesnt all of a sudden salvage Trents career. He still needs to do it when it counts and also try and have his first season since High School of being injury free. Its great to see Trent have success, but this game means nothing come week 1.

I agree. People get too far ahead of themselves. Most QB discussions on the board are overdone one way or the other, pro or con.

I think it's a good bet Gailey keeps all three, and puts Brown on the practice squad. But we'll see soon enough.

I agree. People get too far ahead of themselves. Most QB discussions on the board are overdone one way or the other, pro or con.

I think it's a good bet Gailey keeps all three, and puts Brown on the practice squad. But we'll see soon enough.

Yes, I think this is the most likely scenario. A month or so ago, I thought Brown would be #3 and either Fitz or Brohm would get cut (or even Trent if he didn't progress). But the fact is all the QBs have been OK in preseason. There isn't a whole hell of a lot separating them at the moment. I really think the only thing hurting Brohm is lack of experience.

Brown didn't show that he is a superstar in waiting, so I think the Bills risk the PS for him, this year.

Yes, I think this is the most likely scenario. A month or so ago, I thought Brown would be #3 and either Fitz or Brohm would get cut (or even Trent if he didn't progress). But the fact is all the QBs have been OK in preseason. There isn't a whole hell of a lot separating them at the moment. I really think the only thing hurting Brohm is lack of experience.

Brown didn't show that he is a superstar in waiting, so I think the Bills risk the PS for him, this year.

This is total conjecture but it's possible that Gailey plays both Brohm and Fitzpatrick for the most part this coming Thursday to see who is going to be his #2 and who the #3. And doesnt even play Levi much so teams are a lot less likely to take a flyer on him and put him on their active roster. It would be a shrewd move. The fact is, no one is going to offer him any money, especially on the eve of the season. Since we havent played him much, it makes it a lot easier to sneak him on the PS. Then if some team wants to sign him off the PS during the season we match the offer and cut either Fitz or Brohm like we were likely planning to do anyway.

This is total conjecture but it's possible that Gailey plays both Brohm and Fitzpatrick for the most part this coming Thursday to see who is going to be his #2 and who the #3. And doesnt even play Levi much so teams are a lot less likely to take a flyer on him and put him on their active roster. It would be a shrewd move. The fact is, no one is going to offer him any money, especially on the eve of the season. Since we havent played him much, it makes it a lot easier to sneak him on the PS. Then if some team wants to sign him off the PS during the season we match the offer and cut either Fitz or Brohm like we were likely planning to do anyway.

Makes sense. But if Brown is on the PS isn't he essentially a Free Agent? I believe GB made Brohm a counter-offer after the Bills make an offer and Brian chose to come to Buffalo. Still I think the Bills take that risk.

Brohms out. It looks like he wont beat out a 7th round pick, yet again

Brown, 3rd string.

Fitz, 2nd string

brohm losing out to two 7th rounders... UFL

Just like brohm, Jamarcus Russell has alotta potential too

I'm sorry, but Levi Brown hasn't outplayed anybody this pre-season. Barring a trade for Fitz, I don't think any of these three miss the final cuts. Brohm played well enough in the second game to make the squad. He'll probably get another opportunity against Detroit.

Makes sense. But if Brown is on the PS isn't he essentially a Free Agent? I believe GB made Brohm a counter-offer after the Bills make an offer and Brian chose to come to Buffalo. Still I think the Bills take that risk.

He's essentially a free agent yes, but on the eve of the season, when the final cuts are made, it's almost unimaginable that a team will cut whomever was going to be their #3 to put Levi Brown on their active roster going into the season.

Then other teams COULD try to sign him to their practice squad but I would find it hard to believe that Brown would choose another team over the Bills where he clearly has as good a chance to eventually play as any team in the league because we have no established starter and the back-ups are decent but not to be confused with solid ones around the league. He probably likes Gailey and what he has seen of the coaching.

Then it becomes IF another team tries to sign him sometime during the season as their #3 because of injuries or sucktitude of their own QBs. Then the Bills and Levi would be forced to make a choice. Do we match or beat the offer from the other team or lose Levi. IMO it would be simple to match the offer and keep him, and then cut either Fitz or Brohm like they are thinking of now.

On the REAL Alphadawg... what in the hell did Brohm do to piss off this group of posters? Brohm looks like he could be a good QB, why is it a problem for these guys if he's on the roster? It's unbelievable that there is such passion about a guy that we gave nothing to get. It's not like if he doesn't pan out it's going to set our franchise back 5 years. Who cares? I think he could be good, as it seems like a majority here see as a possibility. If he doesn't pan out, who cares? He can be a backup. None of this has anything to do with how Trent plays. Hopefully whoever ends up starting puts it together. It just doesn't make sense... by no reports have any of these guys done anything but compete hard for the starting job. There's been no backstabbing, no locker room cancer type stuff. Yet you'd think we were in the midst of Flutie/Johnson here.

It's not Brohm that did it. Brohm is not a good QB, but what gets my hair standing up is idiots like AD who really haven't got a clue and bash Fitz and Edwards when they are throwing TDs and throwing for 10 yards a pass. Saying they ssuck, have no future etc... but Brohm is out there with 6 int's never throwing a TD and averaging 5 yards per pass. But Brohm is so great and has so much potential that he's never shown, ever. the problem isn't Brohm because well he sucks and will be gone maybe by Tuesday, but the problem is rather the idiot fans like ice, AD, you to a points, etc.. who just can't STFU and spew vialness and lies.

On the REAL Alphadawg... what in the hell did Brohm do to piss off this group of posters? Brohm looks like he could be a good QB, why is it a problem for these guys if he's on the roster? It's unbelievable that there is such passion about a guy that we gave nothing to get. It's not like if he doesn't pan out it's going to set our franchise back 5 years. Who cares? I think he could be good, as it seems like a majority here see as a possibility. If he doesn't pan out, who cares? He can be a backup. None of this has anything to do with how Trent plays. Hopefully whoever ends up starting puts it together. It just doesn't make sense... by no reports have any of these guys done anything but compete hard for the starting job. There's been no backstabbing, no locker room cancer type stuff. Yet you'd think we were in the midst of Flutie/Johnson here.

To whom does he look like a good QB? Obvioulsy not to a seasoned coach who has developed many other QB's. Oh by the way 31 other teams also took a pass. I would take their judegement over the posters here.

It's not Brohm that did it. Brohm is not a good QB, but what gets my hair standing up is idiots like AD who really haven't got a clue and bash Fitz and Edwards when they are throwing TDs and throwing for 10 yards a pass. Saying they ssuck, have no future etc... but Brohm is out there with 6 int's never throwing a TD and averaging 5 yards per pass. But Brohm is so great and has so much potential that he's never shown, ever. the problem isn't Brohm because well he sucks and will be gone maybe by Tuesday, but the problem is rather the idiot fans like ice, AD, you to a points, etc.. who just can't STFU and spew vialness and lies.

I agree that brohm didn't do anything. But the defense people on this board put up for him(he has upside, talent, etc..), is just ridiculous. I mean obviously he hasn't done enough in practice to warrant a lot of playing time during the pre season(funny how that works, when he was in GB that was the same situation). But yet people defend him here and say he needs a chance. I ask you why? do you think chan can't make up his mind in practice or the film he has seen of him? just because some of these posters haven't seen him play in game situations, doesn't mean the bills should throw him out there to please you. Chan has seen enough of him to make a decision and guess what, that decision is he isn't good enough to see a lot of playing time. The guy has NEVER thrown for a NFL touchdown in 10 games.... i think that says enough of the skills of brian brohm.

I agree that brohm didn't do anything. But the defense people on this board put up for him(he has upside, talent, etc..), is just ridiculous. I mean obviously he hasn't done enough in practice to warrant a lot of playing time during the pre season(funny how that works, when he was in GB that was the same situation). But yet people defend him here and say he needs a chance. I ask you why? do you think chan can't make up his mind in practice or the film he has seen of him? just because some of these posters haven't seen him play in game situations, doesn't mean the bills should throw him out there to please you. Chan has seen enough of him to make a decision and guess what, that decision is he isn't good enough to see a lot of playing time. The guy has NEVER thrown for a NFL touchdown in 10 games.... i think that says enough of the skills of brian brohm.

11 games

He's essentially a free agent yes, but on the eve of the season, when the final cuts are made, it's almost unimaginable that a team will cut whomever was going to be their #3 to put Levi Brown on their active roster going into the season.

Then other teams COULD try to sign him to their practice squad but I would find it hard to believe that Brown would choose another team over the Bills where he clearly has as good a chance to eventually play as any team in the league because we have no established starter and the back-ups are decent but not to be confused with solid ones around the league. He probably likes Gailey and what he has seen of the coaching.

Then it becomes IF another team tries to sign him sometime during the season as their #3 because of injuries or sucktitude of their own QBs. Then the Bills and Levi would be forced to make a choice. Do we match or beat the offer from the other team or lose Levi. IMO it would be simple to match the offer and keep him, and then cut either Fitz or Brohm like they are thinking of now.

You're technically right, teams will rarely go after a PS player in the eve of the season because they would have to activate them to their final 53 man roster.

The problem comes when you cut a player with the plan on placing him to the PS. He has to clear waivers first and foremost, if another claim him they have the right over that player.

That is why I think they will keep the 4 QBs to the final cut to make a decision.

I think this is how it works.

I'm a bit confused by the point of the thread. Brohn barely saw the field. There really is nothing to say about his play from this game. He wasn't bad, nor good, because he didn't get a chance.

But you can rest assured if BB gets cut by the Bills, he ends up on an NFL roster this year.

The good news for the Bills is Trent and Fitz looked better than they have in a while. So Trent has looked good twice (but still has some issues, IMO) and terrible once. Fitz looked good and OK in his two appearances and Brohm looked good in his one shot. I'd like to see him on the field again in the last preseason game.

You'll probably get that wish in preseason game 4. By this time, Gailey know what he's got in TE & Fitz. I think we see a good dose of Brohm & some Bad, Bad Levi.

Brohms out. It looks like he wont beat out a 7th round pick, yet again

Brown, 3rd string.

Fitz, 2nd string

brohm losing out to two 7th rounders... UFL

Just like brohm, Jamarcus Russell has alotta potential too

I call B S on this. By what brilliant deductions did you come to this conclusion? ..just curious.

It is certainly your opinion that brohm isn't a good qb but you state it like fact, which in my opinion is WRONG. And with your last line, it seems here we have another kettle calling the pot black scenario.

We will see....

No, most of us ALREADY see.