Marshawn-Get Well Soon

There's no room for Marshawn Lynch on this roster once Freddy is back. I hope they can get something good for him once he is healthy (and maybe another team has their #1 RB go down). The longer Lynch is around, the worse it gets for him & the Bills. Spiller is the present & the future. Marshawn is the past.

After watching Spiller, it's going to be really hard to take him off the field. Lynch is probably a better complement to Spiller than Freddy is. I thought we'd be doing a lot of two backs but McIntyre has looked pretty good as well, and we almost need the three WRs in there to open the field and keep Roscoe out there as a weapon. It's going to be very hard to keep Jackson and Lynch happy because why take him off the field, defenses are going to worry about him.

There's no room for Marshawn Lynch on this roster once Freddy is back. I hope they can get something good for him once he is healthy (and maybe another team has their #1 RB go down). The longer Lynch is around, the worse it gets for him & the Bills. Spiller is the present & the future. Marshawn is the past.

they keep all three this year too many weapons is the best prblem we can have, ML goes nowhere

there is room and if anyone is the "past," it's jackson. sorry. i like him a lot and think he's a tremendous player, but he's the odd man out IMO.

there is room and if anyone is the "past," it's jackson. sorry. i like him a lot and think he's a tremendous player, but he's the odd man out IMO.

So true. Not the popular thing to say around here, but Jackson should be the one that's traded, not Lynch. The money is right for willing partners and he's more attractive because he's not one strike from a suspension. Plus, when people take off their rose colored sunglasses, it's evident Lynch is just a better player.

So true. Not the popular thing to say around here, but Jackson should be the one that's traded, not Lynch. The money is right for willing partners and he's more attractive because he's not one strike from a suspension. Plus, when people take off their rose colored sunglasses, it's evident Lynch is just a better player.

It wasn't evident last year.

He may have the potential to be a better player. I'm from Missouri, Show Me

I'll be the first person to say that Marshawn stunk last year. But w/ the suspension and emergence of Jackson, was Lynch ever in the position/mind-set to play well? I don't think so. But it's convienent for Lynch-haters to simply forget he put together back-to-back 1000yd seasons. Oh yeah, he scores TDs, something Freddy seems adverse to doing. What else can I show ya?

That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. They will be counting on the running game this season. No reason to trade a young, talented back because some fans don't like him. This is not good thinking at all.

They're different players. Jackson is a lot more versatile. Lynch is more of a bruiser, probably more talented but it's close. I just think that Lynch's style as a bruiser is a better complement to Spiller because Jackson is a more all around threat like Spiller is. I just don't think you take Spiller out like I did before. There may be a way to utilize all three, and if we get a lot of first downs obviously there are a lot more plays and carries to go around. But I used to think Spiller would be a part time player, now I think it's hard to take him out, even though he is not going to get 20 carries a game (and he shouldn't). But when he is in, defenses have to account for him wherever he is. That could open up a lot of stuff for Lynch and/or Jackson.

They're different players. Jackson is a lot more versatile. Lynch is more of a bruiser, probably more talented but it's close. I just think that Lynch's style as a bruiser is a better complement to Spiller because Jackson is a more all around threat like Spiller is. I just don't think you take Spiller out like I did before. There may be a way to utilize all three, and if we get a lot of first downs obviously there are a lot more plays and carries to go around. But I used to think Spiller would be a part time player, now I think it's hard to take him out, even though he is not going to get 20 carries a game (and he shouldn't). But when he is in, defenses have to account for him wherever he is. That could open up a lot of stuff for Lynch and/or Jackson.

Bills haven't shown even a little bit of their offensive plans. Spiller will be lined up in the slot, out wide; there willl be two or sometimes three backs in the backfield at times. There is a lot that can be done. And there are enough carries and receptions to go around provided the Bills are maintaining possession of the ball.

It would be stupid to trade Marshawn hes a good back and we need him to be a good player who cares about his character all we need from him is production on the football field. People in buffalo need to get off the character thing.

You have the wrong RB there will be no room for. Freddy better hope he gets well soon or all he will see is 3 carries a game....

Remember DJ/PF chose Fitz or Edwards, Freddy over Marshawn, and Reed over Parish.

I think there is a new sherrif in town who has a clue.... Edwards, Lynch, and Parish along with Evans/Spiller will be the core.

Guest dog14787

I agree, CJ Spiller should be on the football field as much as possible.

Spillers intelligent(picking up the offense fast), looks very durable, extremely talented and seems to get better as the game progresses,plus Spiller has already mentioned how he takes his time and picks his moments,

and we can't afford to lose those moments/TD's...

Oh and although I did get a good laugh out of the "get well quick so we can trade you" :D

I say keep Marshawn because running the ball is one of Gailey's biggest specialties and Lynch is another great weapon in Gailey's arsenal.

Edited by dog14787

Its hard to say with Lynch he is younger then Freddie and has show to be a tough in between the tackles runner with success in the past. I think that we will see him and Spiller emerge as the combo but for this season its Freddie and Spiller and Lynch is there if one of them gets hurt.

Still I think Lynch can still be a part of this team going forward.

•  
  • He's not the greatest person.
  • I root for laundry so I don't give a **** what kind of people wear it.
  • He is easily a 900 yard back.
  • WHAT IN THE WORLD would make you want to cut him?
  • Ray Lewis has a ring and he killed at least one person.
  • Shut up.

I disagree. We should be keeping our talent, not getting rid of it. Let's not create any more holes than we already have. Isn't that the idea of rebuilding? By the time we can contend for anything Fred Jackson will be well over 30. He's the one that should be on the block. I still think we carry 4 RB's even if we only dress three for most games.