Far be it for me to take pleasure in other's misfortunes

tbonestake

Eagles-Chiefs: Random observations -from Mark Mosley ESPN

Left tackle Jason Peters picked up right where he left off last season with some untimely false starts. The second false start knocked the Eagles out of field goal position.

<LI>I was not impressed with Bobby April's coverage units. McCluster gave the Eagles fits on kickoff returns.

Now the Bobby April one wasn't as bad as the Peters one, but you guys and gals comment if you wish...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what $11M/yr buys you I guess.

PTR

Yup. A guy who was ranked the best LT in the NFL right up till his ankle injury in Week 5 by PFF, who played through a gimpy ankle injury for the rest of the years despite the fact that he obviously couldn't move well, a guy who played the rest of the year taking it for the team because even injured he was the best guy on the team, a guy who despite his injuries ended up about 18th in the league out of all left and right tackles, 75 of them, if I remember correctly.

And Promo. I've corrected you on this like five times. Let me put it in caps. HELLO, PROMO. JASON PETERS GETS $10.1 MILLION PER YEAR. IT'S A LOT OF MONEY, BUT IT'S NOT $11 MILLION. Did that register yet? I've corrected you on this again and again and again. Check it on rotoworld. Check it absolutely anywhere. $10.1 million per year. When you get your facts wrong, especially so consistently, it puts your opinions in question also.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Details_of_Jason_Peters_Juicy_New_Deal.html

Rotoworld also has it for $60.657 mill over six years.

Edited by Thurman#1

And Promo. I've corrected you on this like five times. Let me put it in caps. HELLO, PROMO. JASON PETERS GETS $10.1 MILLION PER YEAR. IT'S A LOT OF MONEY, BUT IT'S NOT $11 MILLION. Did that register yet? I've corrected you on this again and again and again. Check it on rotoworld. Check it absolutely anywhere. $10.1 million per year. When you get your facts wrong, especially so consistently, it puts your opinions in question also.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagles/Details_of_Jason_Peters_Juicy_New_Deal.html

What's $900,000 between friends? Maybe there are bonuses that get him over the $11 million mark?...like $100,000 per false start, perhaps?

Yup. A guy who was ranked the best LT in the NFL right up till his ankle injury in Week 5 by PFF, who played through a gimpy ankle injury for the rest of the years despite the fact that he obviously couldn't move well, a guy who played the rest of the year taking it for the team because even injured he was the best guy on the team, a guy who despite his injuries ended up about 18th in the league out of all left and right tackles, 75 of them, if I remember correctly.

http://www.philly.co...y_New_Deal.html

Are you Jason Peters' agent or something?:huh: Can you justify his holdout while you're at it?

What's $900,000 between friends? Maybe there are bonuses that get him over the $11 million mark?...like $100,000 per false start, perhaps?

About bonuses, try reading the link, maybe?

As for the false starts, you wouldn't normally expect a few false starts by a guy starting in a new offense with a new QB? He had two or three the first two weeks, if I remember correctly, and much fewer as the years went along.

And probably for you, it's nothing between friends. But for me, $900,000 PER YEAR could buy me a few after dinner mints.

Are you Jason Peters' agent or something?:huh: Can you justify his holdout while you're at it?

Gosh, no, I can't.

Even though this is a capitalist society, in football when a team and a player argue, the player should always fall forward in obeisance, bow three times towards the owner's box and probably eat dirt. Of course I can justify it. He was getting $3 mill per year, a guy worth, clearly, $10.1 mill on the open market, and the Bills tried to lowball him. When it didn't work out, they attacked him in public and forever turned Bills fans against him, and were surprised when this made him obstreperous. Peters won. How can you argue that his holdout was not justified? If the Bills had managed to hold onto him, you could argue that, but he got what he wanted by holding out. It was 100% justified.

Edited by Thurman#1

About bonuses, try reading the link, maybe?

As for the false starts, you wouldn't normally expect a few false starts by a guy starting in a new offense with a new QB? He had two or three the first two weeks, if I remember correctly, and much fewer as the years went along.

And probably for you, it's nothing between friends. But for me, $900,000 PER YEAR could buy me a few after dinner mints.

Gosh, no, I can't.

Even though this is a capitalist society, in football when a team and a player argue, the player should always fall forward in obeisance, bow three times towards the owner's box and probably eat dirt. Of course I can justify it. He was getting $3 mill per year, a guy worth, clearly, $10.1 mill on the open market, and the Bills tried to lowball him. When it didn't work out, they attacked him in public and forever turned Bills fans against him, and were surprised when this made him obstreperous. Peters won. How can you argue that his holdout was not justified? If the Bills had managed to hold onto him, you could argue that, but he got what he wanted by holding out. It was 100% justified.

Fine. You win but that doesn't mean I have to like him :thumbsup:

No matter how you twist it, Peters hasn't been as good as 35 year old Tra Thomans. Every Eagles fan is sick of him and I bet the Eagles expected a much better player than the one they got for the price they paid.

I'll take Wood and Nelson (even with the suspension) over Peters anyday of the week.

and I hope April turns it around. Great ST coach and probably the MVP of the Jauron era.

I agree. Peters is flippin' awesome...when he's not hurt...or thinking about his contract...or paying attention to the snap count...or feels like playing football.

PTR

When you are arrogant so consitently, and take a bash the Bills/Bills Management/Bills players approach to every argument so consistently, it puts your opinions into question as well.

10 million?...11 million? Who cares? Sounds about right for an elite LT with 3 concurrent probowls AND counting. Where is the old.."it's just preseason it doesn't count!" Guess thats only the reply when it's a guy that you like thats screwing the pooch in preseason or when your starting offense can't get in the endzone.

Eagles-Chiefs: Random observations -from Mark Mosley ESPN

Left tackle Jason Peters picked up right where he left off last season with some untimely false starts. The second false start knocked the Eagles out of field goal position.

Oh, you mean the same kind of false starts Demetrius Bell is getting? The same kind Ruben Brown used to get?

How much does Bell get per false start? He is probably at least $900,000 in front of Peters from last year alone.

I'll take Wood and Nelson (even with the suspension) over Peters anyday of the week.

We arent taking Wood and Nelson over Peters...We are taking Demetrius Bell or Jamon Meredith over Peters...Hence the reason our Offensive Line still blows donkey dick and there is not a single player CLOSE to Peters' talent. (And DONT say Eric Wood, because he is literally a Center who happens to be playing Guard...He has no skill to be a tackle and has never played as a tackle.)

SO ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO ARE STILL TRYING TO COME UP WITH REASONS AS TO WHY JASON PETERS IS NOT A GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER...GIVE IT UP! OUR ORGANIZATION GOT RID OF ARGUABLY THE BEST PLAYER, CERTAINLY THE BEST O-LINEMAN, THE BUFFALO BILLS HAVE SEEN IN A DECADE! WE WERE UNABLE TO REPLACE HIM THEN, AND WE STILL ARE YET TO REPLACE HIM WITH SOMEONE EVEN CLOSE TO HIS SKILL LEVEL!

10 million?...11 million? Who cares? Sounds about right for an elite LT with 3 concurrent probowls AND counting. Where is the old.."it's just preseason it doesn't count!" Guess thats only the reply when it's a guy that you like thats screwing the pooch in preseason or when your starting offense can't get in the endzone.

He didnt deserve to make the 3rd probowl team, and he didnt deserve 11 million ... thankfully he's Philly's problem now

The best part was when the Chiefs television commentators were saying Peters went over to the center and blamed him both times, LOL.

Jason Peters - The fat kid in your neighborhood who had all the goalie equipment for a hockey game, and proceeded to get lit up like a Cheektowaga Christmas tree when in net... only to go sulking back home for dinner and bring home said equipment.

Edited by Chalkie Gerzowski

Did you even read the link you used to back up your 10.1 million per year stat?

Between last year and this year, Peters will have made 25.4 million. I would suggest Promo is under cutting him and should start using 12.7m

I'll say it again, Peters has never been the same after the groin injury he suffered against the Giants in 06'.

Been saying the same thing. And he annually gets injured.

He didnt deserve to make the 3rd probowl team, and he didnt deserve 11 million ... thankfully he's Philly's problem now

He didn't deserve to make the 2nd one either.