Rosce Finally a Part of the Offense?

Gaily Quote:

“I’m excited... I’m not just comfortable, I’m excited about what Roscoe Parrish is going to bring to our football team. We’re going to work to try to make sure he’s a major part of this offense.”

Chris Brown Quotes:

"Roscoe Parrish... has been supremely difficult to cover in this camp."

"Offensively, Roscoe Parrish had a pair of touchdowns during red zone work on throw by Edwards and Levi Brown and has put together a promising camp that has Gailey eager to make use of him in the offense."

Is this just normal training camp chatter or is Roscoe finally going to step up and contribute this year?

Instead of getting 1 look a game - he will get 2 looks.

No really - if Roscoe can catch and hold onto a ball - this guy needs to be used in some screen packages.

If the Bills can run the ball effectively on 3rd and short and keep the chains moving, I see a big role for catch-and-run for Roscoe. I wish Roscoe can really fight off his defender and make the 5-7 yard catch as Welker does to move the chains. That 7 yards puts the team in 2nd and 3 and in great position for play-action and thus getting Evans involved in the game.

I believe Parrish is a dynamic play maker and I hope finally he gets an offense to showcase his talent.

I think Roscoe, like Lee, has been a prisoner of this offense and bad QB play the last few years. The one of the things I like about Chan is that he is intent in getting the ball into our playmakers hands. I will reserve some excitement until I can see a QB behind center who can execute come game day. I dont care how many offensive weapons we put on the field, if we don't get one of these QB's to be able to step up and produce on Sunday we still wont score many points.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I could of sworn Jauron sat Roscoe last year because of personal issues, not because he couldn't perform on the field. I'm excited to see this kid play this year. With the deep ball to Evans, Spiller's playmaking ability, and Roscoe's quickness and speed our offense this year might not actually bore and disappoint us 95% of the time.

I always thought Roscoe would be devastating on the bubble screens that Steve Smith uses so often with Carolina. Problem is we need an OL that knows how to block it.

Steve Smith is about 10 times stronger than Roscoe.

I hope for the best but it's the same talk every year. I just don't think he is a good NFL receiver. But he would be an amazing flag football palyer.

It's great to hear that he's had a good camp, but like others I'll believe it when I see it. An encouraging thing from camp and preseason has been the willingness of Gailey to call for a slant pass. It's a short pass (I know we all hate them), but it has the potential for a big gain, especially with an elusive receiver. Roscoe has the capability and if he can keep his head in the game and focus on what is asked of him, it could be very good for the Bills offense. If he can't, then it will be another year of the same "potential" without any payoff.

I always thought Roscoe would be devastating on the bubble screens that Steve Smith uses so often with Carolina. Problem is we need an OL that knows how to block it.

Also a problem that he hasn't shown to be explosive downfield like smith. Half the battle is getting the corner respect him deep so he can get space on the screen.

We have many players who have been around for 3 -7 years who didn't ever make the difference that you would assume they should have. I am kind of hoping that they were not developed probably and Chan and co. know how to correct the mistakes that were made and bring out the best of guys who always were decent. I kind of think Jaroun lost the team after his first year or maybe some of them never bought into his ways of thinking (and doing things) in the first place. Play not to lose is just stupid, I would have wanted out of here too if I was a good player (puts the Jason Peters thing in a different perspective too). I also think RW was wrong a couple of years ago when he said that we didn't have any talent, we did have some pretty high draft picks that were very mismanaged.

Here now, after the disaster they know they have to pick it up and have a coach that will expect a lot more or they are out of here (to a place that would be more of the same no doubt). That is one of the positives that come with changing coaches and having a real GM.

I expect that the team will look better after they used to the system and have some games under their belts, I am looking for them to look better the second half of the season and hope they find a way to get through the first few (and hardest games of the schedule) with out having too many key injuries and a couple of wins.

I say it with more hope than in the recent past, GO BILLS!

Edited by bowery4