Questions and tips about the new board...

SDS

Here's another one, Scott.

It seems like only our posts from the last calendar year have been preserved…am I correct that this is the case?

SDS, on 24 August 2010 - 09:53 PM, said:

no... We have 1.9 million posts here dating back to 2004 I believe. We are missing a years worth of data though due to a hard drive failure.

That's odd. Now I'm only getting 40 pages of my posts…1000 posts.

Before when I tried, I could only get posts from the last calendar year.

edit: This is from "my content"

There have been 1000 items by San Jose Bills Fan

(Search limited from 25-August 09)

Also,

Can anyone tell me how to ignore certain posters? Seems like it's not as easy as it formerly was. Thanks!

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me how to ignore certain posters? Seems like it's not as easy as it formerly was. Thanks!

Copy the poster's handle. Click on the arrow next to your handle in the top right. Go to "manage ignored users." Paste into the "member's name" box.

I know I'll be shunned for this but I have to ask: why did tbd have to change? I copy and pasted a URL from YouTube and the page automatically imbedded the video into it. To me that's against everything tbd has always been about. Scott maybe you could let us know why you made the switch? TBD now looks like every other cluttered board on the Internet.

And no, this isn't just about copy/paste pics and video. The entire site is more confusing and cluttered. The beauty of tbd has always been how basic it is. Just wondering why it had to be changed.

Edited by stevestojan

I know I'll be shunned for this but I have to ask: why did tbd have to change? I copy and pasted a URL from YouTube and the page automatically imbedded the video into it. To me that's against everything tbd has always been about. Scott maybe you could let us know why you made the switch? TBD now looks like every other cluttered board on the Internet.

And no, this isn't just about copy/paste pics and video. The entire site is more confusing and cluttered. The beauty of tbd has always been how basic it is. Just wondering why it had to be changed.

The old software was no longer being maintained and was a major security risk. Pure and simple.

It cuts down on the number of replies just to make things a little cleaner and to artificially make the posters look smarter (like they know how to manage multi-quote). :)

Never bothered to learn its use on the 'old' board.

Got it now though.

Any insight on adding text formated into tables? I think that would be a huge help in respect to readability of the posting of player/team stats.

I believe a Mod posted a help note about using bbcode to get text to line up in columns.

That - I really couldn't figure out. My last coding was done in FORTRAN 4.

Never bothered to learn its use on the 'old' board.

Got it now though.

Any insight on adding text formated into tables? I think that would be a huge help in respect to readability of the posting of player/team stats.

I believe a Mod posted a help note about using bbcode to get text to line up in columns.

That - I really couldn't figure out. My last coding was done in FORTRAN 4.

I think you just wrap the stats in the "code" tags.

[/font]
[font="Arial, Verdana,"][table]
[tr]
[th]Name[/th]
[th]Age[/th]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]John[/td]
[td]65[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Gitte[/td]
[td]40[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Sussie[/td]
[td]19[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Supposed to look something like this (but aligned in columns):

Name Age

John 65

Gitte 40

Sussie 19

This is just a copy and paste from http://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=14, but I'm still not gettin' it, Boss.

One more thing, Number One.

My experience has been that the Smileys don't display consistently.

That is, I will post some drivel and add a Smiley, but it doesn't show when I submit.

Instead the code shows, e.g., devil.gif.

This happens even when the thread contains posts with Smileys displaying in their normal manner.

I think that they eventually do display correctly - but I haven't really tested that.

I searched out a thread from earlier this summer because I wanted to add an update to it. The thread was archived (not because of age, but the new updated board I think). It didn't appear that I had the ability to add to that thread so I started a new one.

Is that because of the archived post was from the 'old board', or do we not have the ability to bring back archived posts at all?

I searched out a thread from earlier this summer because I wanted to add an update to it. The thread was archived (not because of age, but the new updated board I think). It didn't appear that I had the ability to add to that thread so I started a new one.

Is that because of the archived post was from the 'old board', or do we not have the ability to bring back archived posts at all?

I archive them manually every so often. They could be brought back, but would require a mod to do so.

For me, it's the red square next to the thread title.

Are you visiting threads for the first time since the upgrade? I'm pretty sure everything got reset, but once you click on a thread, that button will start to work normally again. That's how it went for me.

Thanks!

Copy the poster's handle. Click on the arrow next to your handle in the top right. Go to "manage ignored users." Paste into the "member's name" box.

Thanks, Levi.

Here's another one, Scott.

It seems like only our posts from the last calendar year have been preserved…am I correct that this is the case?

SDS, on 24 August 2010 - 09:53 PM, said:

no... We have 1.9 million posts here dating back to 2004 I believe. We are missing a years worth of data though due to a hard drive failure.

So Scott, I can only find my last 1000 posts.

I've been looking under "my content."

How can I access all the posts I've made since I joined?

Is there any way to change the enormous font that the thread titles are displayed in?

+1

I just back from a week vacation in Vermont. I've never been so confused. :unsure:

I'm digging it now, but the giant font really messes me up. Reminds me of how my mom sets her computer resolution so big that her icons look like playing cards. :D

Any way to adjust this beyond adjusting my entire browser zoom?

+1

I just back from a week vacation in Vermont. I've never been so confused. :unsure:

I'm digging it now, but the giant font really messes me up. Reminds me of how my mom sets her computer resolution so big that her icons look like playing cards. :D

Any way to adjust this beyond adjusting my entire browser zoom?

I actually reduced it since Joe asked.But beyond that- no.

I actually reduced it since Joe asked.But beyond that- no.

Nicer guy than me. I probably would have made it bigger after he asked. :P

No worries. I'll get used to it in time...just like the other facelifts through the years.

Thanks for keeping us moving, Scott!

I can't believe the Copyright Violations thread is closed and you can't ask questions. This is one of the biggest problems we see on the board every day. I am on 5 different boards and this is the only site that strictly enforces the policy.We need more information about the subject.

Why is it Strictly forbidden? What has changed? We always post a link then copy and paste.

We need to clarify the situation before it becomes a bigger problem on this board.

People are going to be banned, and they don't understand the situation!

THE TWO BILLS DRIVE POLICE ARE HOT ON MY TRAIL!

I can't believe the Copyright Violations thread is closed and you can't ask questions. This is one of the biggest problems we see on the board every day. I am on 5 different boards and this is the only site that strictly enforces the policy.We need more information about the subject.

Why is it Strictly forbidden? What has changed? We always post a link then copy and paste.

We need to clarify the situation before it becomes a bigger problem on this board.

People are going to be banned, and they don't understand the situation!

THE TWO BILLS DRIVE POLICE ARE HOT ON MY TRAIL!

Please. The policy is clear as a bell, and has its own pinned thread:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/forum-1/announcement-10-copyright-violations/