Some very pointed opinions on the Bills:

Agree that they won't have a traditional "starter," but I'll bet you Spiller gets more touches this year than Jackson.

I said it right after the draft and I don't see any reason to change my opinion...Spiller will touch the ball 15-18 times a game. That might be more than Jackson, but if it is it won't be by more than a touch or two. If I had to put money on it I'd say Fred ends up with more carries/passes thrown to than Spiller.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask a question to everyone....why is it that whenever other teams beat us alll the sports analysts talk about how bad we looked and how good the other team looked and now that we won a game they are still talking about the colts and yet i hear nothing about the bills playing a good game more like the fact that it was a "fluke" or that the colts played poorly...you know what suck it up i thought we played well so analysts honor that fact...all i hear is how "oh well the colts never win a preseason game" well guess what Manning was playing and if he is the the football guru that everyone says he is i know he wanted to win...wayne was noexistent becasue of our secondary and I felt like we should be aknowledged for that but we could make the playoffs and I still think analysts would be talking about how the Jets were so close if only they had Revis....Tim Graham a "buffalo Native" is the worst analysts i have seen when it comes to the bills with a pessimistic attitude I can't take...we need to stand up and be heard

Actually, suprisingly enough, both Tim Hasselback and Mark Schlereth were singing the Bill's praises last night. Schlereth is one of ESPNs biggest front-runners so any praise from him is unusual. Hasselback commented on Trent's steady play but then basically said Brohm or Fitz hadn't played well, so I think he only watched the first half or so.

Actually, suprisingly enough, both Tim Hasselback and Mark Schlereth were singing the Bill's praises last night. Schlereth is one of ESPNs biggest front-runners so any praise from him is unusual. Hasselback commented on Trent's steady play but then basically said Brohm or Fitz hadn't played well, so I think he only watched the first half or so.

Here is my problem I go to ESPN.COM and top story over the bills on the news feed...Welker catches 2 in return... and i was like o wow 2 touchdowns damn i can't believe i didnt draft him in fantasy...no 2 passes really wow thats great a top story hell no patriots fans have such numbers but loyalty is non existent...I was born in raised in williamsville outside of buffalo and I am a 3rd generation bills fan...I now go to school in Albany and all sorts of Massachusetts wannabes are here and when they lose it is a jump to the next band wagon GOOO RED Sox then when they suck its GOOO Celtics and its an endless cycle of route for the team that is winning.... I am not saying all fans but for the most part those that I have seen...yet because of their numbers they get the spotlight and the bills are left taking scraps...

Also read some of these quotes from Graham of ESPN

"Spiller looked scintillating on his touchdown scamper, but his jitters and jukes didn't fool the Colts all the time. He averaged 2.6 yards on his other nine carries. He had runs that went for minus-6, minus-2, zero and 1 yards. "

Despite 35 points in the first quarter, the Rogers Centre was rather sterile again, just like the previous three Bills games played here. The announced crowd was 39,853 fans.

The crowd, however, got interesting in the final minutes. Perhaps the best play of the night: A Rogers Centre security guard chasing down a fan who sprinted onto the field with 1:55 left in the game. The fan had about a 20-yard head start, but the guard caught up to him and slammed his head to the turf. As the guard walked back past the Colts sideline, Wayne went out of his way to give him a high-five.

Brohm's performance was OK against the Colts' backups. He threw a lot of high-percentage short stuff, completing 14 of 21 attempts for 125 yards with no touchdowns or no interceptions. He had a wonderful chance to throw for his first NFL touchdown right before halftime. The Bills had second-and-goal from the 5, but Brohm misfired on two passes. The Bills kicked a field goal.

I mean he had some good stuff to say too but really its like he takes any chance he can to put down Buffalo and the Bills even though her wrote for the Buffalo news and I can't take the idea that he does this all the time

Great analogy you turkey. Yeah because I said I can throw a football 50 yards to guy who has his man beat by 10 yards, I necessarily insinuated that I could play QB in the NFL.

I am certain that I would go under center, point and bark commands impressivley ala Peyton Manning, then fumble the snap and get buried. So in a way, that's an NFL play. Lame, but that would be my repertoire. Fire away TSW, I stand by my claim.

I couldn't agree more. Did anyone else think that maybin just looked awful last night?

TE hit Lee deep over his right shoulder (sideline shoulder) and in stride after stepping up in the pocket to avoid the Left end rushing in. It was a nice toss and a VERY well designed play to buy Lee time to get open deep. Anyone under 35 who can make that throw in that situation should be in camp somewhere right now. On the Brohm to Jackson throw; Trent made a nearly identical toss to Steve Jackson on the opposite sideline but Jackson dropped it while getting interfered with.

Brohm also missed a SCREEN PASS that likely would have gone for 6.

To say both guys looked good is fair but there must be some judgment clouding baggage there to extract that one played well and one played poorly. No question Brohm earned a shot with the 1's to see what he can do, but any conclusion that either is a better starter candidate coming from that game is surprising and likely jaded.

They way Spiller toasted Bethea made me giddy

EDIT: Lynch for a 4th is a waste of a perfectly good RB and a steal for the buyer...

I couldn't agree more. Did anyone else think that maybin just looked awful last night?

You have to bash Maybin if you are going to be on a Bills message board. Whitner missed a tackle, and Lynch was stealing $20 and probably committing a crime to get suspended for a whole year. Poz is horrible.

However, Steve Johnson was AMAZING!!!!! I love him. He doesn't even need to make any catches! Wood looked SUPER, and Trent proved he is the best QB EVER!!!

If you are referring to my post show me where I dissected QB mechanics. All I said was that Brohms where better. It's called an opinion and this board is full of them.

I hear you. I'll just let it go at that. I thought Edwards looked good for the most part, but that out he threw to Evans will be returned for a DTD 50% on the time. He needs to throw it away. I thought Brohm's throw to Jackson was major league and the rest were safe slants. I'd love to see either guy throw to a TE or RB down the seems.....like Manning threw to Tamme.

if anyone on this board could make that throw trent made to lee, with 300 pound men caving in your line, a perfectly timed throw and catch 50 yards downfield to a guy who runs a 4.4 or something, youd be in the NFL, or would have played at a high level in college.

Just because i can make a 3 point shot in basketball doesnt mean i can do it with lebron guarding me.

I did not say I'd take Bell over Lynch, I'm saying we have too much depth relative to other positions and I would take a 4th rounder for Lynch at this point. I happen to think Lynch is a very good NFL RB.

Did Edwards really put it 60 yards in the air? If so, no I couldn't have made that throw. I could put it 50 right on the money though. I've played some QB in my day.

Agree that they won't have a traditional "starter," but I'll bet you Spiller gets more touches this year than Jackson.

Edwards put the ball up 40 yards. But no, he didn't hit him in stride, that's a popular misconception of how those plays work. Lee Evans himself said that Edwards lofted it up there and Evans ran to the ball and got under it.

The Bills should put Brohm and Bell up against the Bengals starters, just to see what happens.

FWIW, I think Bell is the real deal. It's just that this team is loaded with running back talent, so some other NFL team is probably going to hit the lottery picking him up off the PS.

You have to bash Maybin if you are going to be on a Bills message board. Whitner missed a tackle, and Lynch was stealing $20 and probably committing a crime to get suspended for a whole year. Poz is horrible.

However, Steve Johnson was AMAZING!!!!! I love him. He doesn't even need to make any catches! Wood looked SUPER, and Trent proved he is the best QB EVER!!!

Whitner made a lot more plays than he missed. His name was called out a bunch of times after big stops.

The Bills should put Brohm and Bell up against the Bengals starters, just to see what happens.

FWIW, I think Bell is the real deal. It's just that this team is loaded with running back talent, so some other NFL team is probably going to hit the lottery picking him up off the PS.

Bell looks good but I'd like to see him play against starters before jumping to any real deal conclusions

I know the point you are trying to make is that Lee Evans was as wide open as you get in the NFL, but that doesn't mean that you or I or anyone else on this board could have made that throw.

no but any NFL QB makes that throw...and that's the throw he makes in practice too! Fitz made that throw alot to TO last year.

noticed how the announcers said that Brohm's rep is that he isn't the best practice QB but is a gamer....sounds like the exact opposite of the Captain

I didn't mean to turn this into an Al Bundy high school glory days thread, but it's hard to speculate how many people on here are athletes. Granted, I've never thrown to a receiver with Lee Evans' speed, but yes, I can still air a perfectly crisp spiral and hit a receiver in stride from 50 yards at age 31. Not to mention, he had the guy beat by 10 yards. I'm willing to bet there are a few other people on here that could do the same. To re-iterate my original point, I could not have made the throw that Brohm made to Jackson down the sideline!

I made that same move Spiller made on Bethea for a TD when I was at the beach last weekend. My 5 year old Nephew completely whiffed the tackle. It's all in the shoulders... Spiller is nothing special.

:thumbsup:

no but any NFL QB makes that throw...and that's the throw he makes in practice too! Fitz made that throw alot to TO last year.

noticed how the announcers said that Brohm's rep is that he isn't the best practice QB but is a gamer....sounds like the exact opposite of the Captain

Yes that is exactly my point! Actual NFL QB's make that throw. Guys posting here do not.

I made that same move Spiller made on Bethea for a TD when I was at the beach last weekend. My 5 year old Nephew completely whiffed the tackle. It's all in the shoulders... Spiller is nothing special.

:thumbsup:

Oh my God. Can we talk about the Bills? You're right, if I was in an NFL game, all of a sudden I wouldn't be able to throw a football even though I've played QB my whole life.

I couldn't agree more regarding Brohm. His mechanics are much better than Edwards. His set up and delivery is quicker. Edwards threw the ball eight times and still took a beating. Brohm threw the ball twenty one times and except for that first play he was barely touched.

Brohm didn't play against the likes of Mathis and the starting defense either.

Granted, I've never thrown to a receiver with Lee Evans' speed, but yes, I can still air a perfectly crisp spiral and hit a receiver in stride from 50 yards at age 31. Not to mention, he had the guy beat by 10 yards.

Your varsity jacket that you sent to the cleaners this week is now ready.