Some very pointed opinions on the Bills:

Brilliant.

I have been known to bomb a 310 yard drive straight down the middle. If I used your reasoning, I could play on the PGA tour.

Please indicate the justification for the conclusion you've drawn here. Where has the OP indicated or hinted he could play in the NFL?

The only point I saw him trying to make about that throw--either in his original post or the follow-ons--was that the throw Brohm made to Jackson down the sidelines was a more difficult (and therefore more impressive) throw than was Trent's throw to Lee. Agree or disagree with that point all you want. But please don't put words into the OP's mouth.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not say I'd take Bell over Lynch, I'm saying we have too much depth relative to other positions and I would take a 4th rounder for Lynch at this point. I happen to think Lynch is a very good NFL RB.

Did Edwards really put it 60 yards in the air? If so, no I couldn't have made that throw. I could put it 50 right on the money though. I've played some QB in my day.

Agree that they won't have a traditional "starter," but I'll bet you Spiller gets more touches this year than Jackson.

Then you don't trade a very good NFL RB for a 4th round pick. What are you smoking? Let him play and raise his value. But I still don't get why folks want

to trade him. If he's playing well he can be dominant. Let go of the get rid of Lynch philosophy.

Have you played QB in the NFL? If you have then I will take your word for your ability. If not, get off Edwards back. He made a good play. He's not great. He's inconsistent. He might not be the QB in Buffalo past this season. But you ain't Trent Edwards or even sorry Ryan Fitzpatrick. If you were you would be playing in the league.

I couldn't agree more regarding Brohm. His mechanics are much better than Edwards. His set up and delivery is quicker. Edwards threw the ball eight times and still took a beating. Brohm threw the ball twenty one times and except for that first play he was barely touched.

Edwards will again fail to make it through the season, and we'll get a look at Brohm.

I know the point you are trying to make is that Lee Evans was as wide open as you get in the NFL, but that doesn't mean that you or I or anyone else on this board could have made that throw.

Nah, I couldn't make 90% of the throws in the NFL, and I certainly couldn't make the decisions they make, but physically, could I have made that particular throw? Sure. I guess 50% of the people on here could have.

Not that that's anything against Trent. He made the play.

I did not say I'd take Bell over Lynch, I'm saying we have too much depth relative to other positions and I would take a 4th rounder for Lynch at this point. I happen to think Lynch is a very good NFL RB.

Did Edwards really put it 60 yards in the air? If so, no I couldn't have made that throw. I could put it 50 right on the money though. I've played some QB in my day.

Agree that they won't have a traditional "starter," but I'll bet you Spiller gets more touches this year than Jackson.

He threw from the 23 yard-line and it was caught on the 28. That's 49 yards. That's doable for many of us.

Edited by Thurman#1

He threw from the 23 yard-line and it was caught on the 28. That's 49 yards. That's doable for many of us.

I think this is a silly discussion in a fun way.

To "add" to the discussion, I saw where Trent threw it from squarely between the hash marks to about 7 feet beyond the right hash mark.

That's actually a distance of about 16 feet going "west to east."

Applying the pythagorean theorem, this means that the pass didn't travel 49 yards.

It actually traveled closer to 49.3 yards.

Your welcome.

I think this is a silly discussion in a fun way.

To "add" to the discussion, I saw where Trent threw it from squarely between the hash marks to about 7 feet beyond the right hash mark.

That's actually a distance of about 16 feet going "west to east."

Applying the pythagorean theorem, this means that the pass didn't travel 49 yards.

It actually traveled closer to 49.3 yards.

Your welcome.

where does the part about the coach (a man with some qb developmental pedigree by all accounts) has the guy who hit the easy 49.3 (good stuff, btw SJBF) yard pass play pencilled in ahead of Brohm? Don't get me wrong, it's great to know that play's like the one Trent made aren't nearly as difficult as they seem when you watch 'em on the telly--but I'd have thought by now Chan would have seen through all the easy stuff Trent can do and gone to option #2.

it seems to me at this point in the season---non-contact practice, training camp, and two pre-season games, CG has Edwards at the top of the charts. Is it a chart similar to the kids in 16 Candles---"I'm king of the dipshit..."? Maybe, but it is what it is. Oh, and it was a beautifully placed ball, and I'd like to see more of that this year. No need to minimize the play.

i remain firmly in the "figure it out Chan" camp. Develop Edwards, develop Brohm, whatever. Just field and offense and win some games. I've waited this long, I can wait one more year to be competitive.

Heres a pointed response:

Bell over Lynch -- right.... Bell runs well against backups so trade your proven RB for a late round pick. You should apply for a GM job.

I would really like to see you throw the ball 60 yards and hit a WR in stride. So have a friend of yours videotape you throwing a football that far and post a link to the youtube clip.

CJ Spiller, will not and is not your #1 RB. He will be used in different situations and formations. I dont think we will see a true #1 RB on this team.. 3 very different backs.

Lets not exaggerate here, the pass was exactly 48 yards in the air (pause it and the ball toches Lees hands while his front foot is exactly on the 29 yard line and Trent threw from 23)...and I watched people do this all day in my flag football league yesterday...not saying it was not a nice pass, just saying its not that hard of a throw. And if you listen to Trent talk about it he even said he essentially just chucked it as far as he could (for what its worth the ball traveled 48 yards in the air)and hoped Lee would get there. There was not a whole lot of skill used to make that throw as Trent in that situation is never going to out throw Lee with his speed that far down field.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Lets not exaggerate here, the pass was exactly 48 yards in the air (pause it and the ball toches Lees hands while his front foot is exactly on the 29 yard line and Trent threw from 23)...and I watched people do this all day in my flag football league yesterday...not saying it was not a nice pass, just saying its not that hard of a throw. And if you listen to Trent talk about it he even said he essentially just chucked it as far as he could (for what its worth the ball traveled 48 yards in the air)and hoped Lee would get there. There was not a whole lot of skill used to make that throw as Trent in that situation is never going to out throw Lee with his speed that far down field.

That's got to be one heck of a touch football league if you feel comfortable comparing it to any NFL team or player.

That's got to be one heck of a touch football league if you feel comfortable comparing it to any NFL team or player.

not really. i think you're confusing them with "flag", where there is less contact. kurt warner was in a touch football league just before he got back to the nfl and his career exploded. touch leagues are the new D-1's.

Great analogy you turkey. Yeah because I said I can throw a football 50 yards to guy who has his man beat by 10 yards, I necessarily insinuated that I could play QB in the NFL.

Calling a grown man a turkey is funny.