mnf crew badmouths bills

gobills123

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, the Bills suck and people laugh at them... but someone needs to ask Ditka about his career record against the Bills.

He has been a tool about the Bills ever since they schooled the Bears in 1991.

If you asked Ditka about such ancient history, he would probably raise you the finger with the SB ring on it.

It's like the Bills during the 1970's. We were the laughing stock of the NFL and will likely be for quite sometime. Hopefully, what goes around, comes around will be our rallying cry next year.

At some point of every decade, except the 1990s, the Bills were the laughingstock of the NFL (or AFL).

Late 1960s

Early 1970s, then Mid-Late 1970s

Mid 1980s

Early & late 2000s

Early 2010s

I went to Panthers, Bobcats, and Hurricane games before. Charlotte is one of the worst sports city in the country.

I have to agree with you there. I lived in Charlotte for 3 years after graduating from college, from 2001-2004. I will never forget, I think it was in 01 when the Hornets(Charlotte still) had beaten their first round opponent, and i kid you not, i was able to buy a pair of 2nd round NBA Playoff tickets, the night before the game, on ticketmaster no less...AND THEY WERE SELLING THEM 2 FOR THE PRICE OF 1...

It is true what they said about the Bills right now, like it or not. But one thing I noticed during the game is also true. The only time Gruden took Sanchez's dick out of his mouth was to replace it with Rex Ryan's. I've never seen such a man crush before.

And yet somehow the Bills beat the Jets last year.

Amen, brother, my thoughts, too.

That's why, even if we have a losing season, if we can jump up and bite a couple of these better teams in the a** and make their fans whine and complain and give bad excuses on how and why they lost to the Bills...well, at least it will give me some pleasure.

Go Bills!

$2D (yes, I've decided to start stealing from PTR :devil:)

And yet somehow the Bills beat the Jets last year.

Thanks to Sanchez throwing a ridiculous number of interceptions. Since their ground game was going through the Bills defense like a freight train, we should have given Schottenheimer a game ball.

I wonder if that will be the Bills game plan this year against the Jets. Get Jairus as open as possible so Sanchez can keep throwing him the ball. :devil:

I was listening to WGR550 on the radio while doing some yard work over the weekend. ESPN's "Inside the Huddle" was on with Jeremy Green and John Clayton, and they were discussing this year's potential "break out" players in each division. I was interested when they got to the AFC East, but disappointed when they discussed break out players on the Patriots, Jets, and Dolphins, with no mention of the Bills at all. They simply moved on to the NFC East... The Bills have absolutely no players of interest to anyone outside of WNY.

Their only mention of the Bills during the entire broadcast was when discussing Washington. All they said was "The Bills are in for a long season; and that's being kind." They then broke into uproarious laughter... :devil:

I grew up during the glory years of the '90s. But I've come to realize what an anomaly that was. This is how the Bills are supposed to be. They are historically a laughingstock; they've just gotten back to normal since that brief '90's anomaly. :thumbsup:

Last week here in Charlotte on the local morning sports talk show, the topic was how popular the NFL is based on the Dallas/Cinci preseason tv ratings. They went on to talk about how if you're a football fan, you'll watch games that do not involve your favorite team. Well, between the host and a couple of callers, the comment "well unless it's a team like the Bills" was made 3 times! It was pretty disheartening to hear how other people just naturally bring up Buffalo when searching for an example of a crappy team.

The real problem is that, under Jauron, we weren't just bad, we were MIND-NUMBINGLY BORING. The Williams and Mularkey teams were mediocre to bad, but in much more entertaining ways. We don't have a lot to go on in the Gailey era, but the early returns suggest more boredom: No downfield passing game, Captain Checkdown at QB, trying to draw the other team offsides then calling a timeout instead of going for it on 4th and inches, etc. Hopefully those early returns are wrong. The losing is bad enough without also being boring. Last year's Cleveland game was about the biggest waste of 3 hours in my life. Even worse teams, like St. Louis, were more fun to watch.

So basically, until we do something interesting, I can't fault non-Bills fans for saying they don't want to watch Bills games. I wouldn't either.

I was just watching sportscenter before the monday night football pregame show started and mike ditka, keyshawn johnson, cris carter, and tom jackson just completely mocked the bills. They were talking about how the giants are in a much tougher division than the jets are. I dont remember the exact words so im going from what i remember... Ditka goes "the giants have to face the redskins, eagles, and cowboys and all the jets have to deal with is the patriots and maybe the dolphins, and then ditka goes "forget about buffalo, they never win in buffalo" and someone else said "yeah they dont have to ever worry about the bills." And the whole crew just started dying, laughing hysterical saying "hah the bills, hah." I wanted to jump threw the screen and beat them all. I hope to god we shock the world and then ill send in a nice letter to that crew and then see what they have to say.

If you want to beat somebody up go after Ralph Wilson for putting this pitiful product out for our consumption.

Being a Bills fan is like eating a whole tube of Chinese toothpaste every day for 10 years!

The Bills could win the Super Bowl.

They could win Super Bowls. In a row. All 51-3.

They could go 16-0. You could have CJ Spiller running up and down the field like a gazelle in the Serengeti.

You'd still have the national media not giving the team or the city any respect. To the Hollywood types, Buffalo is a caricature.

Buffalo is never going to be "popular" in the high school of national sports media. It'll always be the vo-tech kid. There won't be Bills jerseys in rap videos. You won't see Bills merchandise in Allentown, just as you don't today. Haha.

Part of the reason I enjoy being a Bills fan. It's not trendy. It's not cool. It's definitely not easy. You gamble that all the depression and frustration will someday payoff in a high of equal value. We can all never be accused of bandwagon jumping.