The game of life

We have a 16'x9' movie screen by our pool w/an HD projector. We toss wireless controllers into plastic bags and play Risk via PS2 on the big screen while swimming.

There is no better retaliation than dunking someone who just eliminated you from the game. :thumbsup:

Woah, very cool.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry is another game that has a high level of "taking the ball and going home" quality to it. :thumbsup:

Worst, most juvenile, display I ever saw was over Diplomacy. A guy got back-stabbed by someone he trusted implicitly. This was despite the fact the whole point of the game was to cheat or lie. He stormed out, peeled out in an apartment complex and didn't speak to the person he was mad at for 3 years. Mind you, we were in the 18-25 range.

Worst, most juvenile, display I ever saw was over Diplomacy. A guy got back-stabbed by someone he trusted implicitly. This was despite the fact the whole point of the game was to cheat or lie. He stormed out, peeled out in an apartment complex and didn't speak to the person he was mad at for 3 years. Mind you, we were in the 18-25 range.

So last year? :thumbsup:

I played Squad Leader decades ago. Oh and there is a reason they team up to eliminate you and your strategic skill is secondary to that...

:thumbsup:

I once went 45 turns in Risk with three people ganged up on me while I was holding only Africa.

I didn't win...but I pissed them off so much that they stopped playing after they eliminated me.

Risk I find boring. Mostly because everyone allies themselves against me to eliminate me as quickly as possible. Sometimes they even succeed. :thumbsup:

Seems there's always someone who decides to build up Fortress Australia and get up and wander around the house. I steal their armies and toss 'em back when they leave. They never detect it.

Seems there's always someone who decides to build up Fortress Australia and get up and wander around the house. I steal their armies and toss 'em back when they leave. They never detect it.

When they did that, after conquering the rest of the map, I'd get a handful of pennies and invent strategic bombing...

I once went 45 turns in Risk with three people ganged up on me while I was holding only Africa.

I didn't win...but I pissed them off so much that they stopped playing after they eliminated me.

How exactly did this happen? Once you're cornered on Africa, it pretty much becomes a matter of luck, no?

How exactly did this happen? Once you're cornered on Africa, it pretty much becomes a matter of luck, no?

Africa's actually pretty easy to defend; only three provinces with paths in, and you get three armies per turn, AND have a path in to Asia, Europe, and South America. It of course becomes much harder when the entire world gangs up on you...but until my foes sorted that out, I was keeping them off-balance fighting on three other continents and stockpiling armies.

Hey, I haven't studied military history for three decades for nothing.

Bobby: The Parker Brothers took the time to make this all up, and I think we need to respect that.

Janice: F_ck the Parker Brothers, just play the game!

Bobby: This is bullsh1t! How about I make my own f_cking rules. How ‘bout every time I land on one my own properties, I get one-hundred dollars! How ‘bout that?

Tony (Imitating Bobby): How ‘bout that? How ‘bout that?

awesome, awesome episode

Africa's actually pretty easy to defend; only three provinces with paths in, and you get three armies per turn, AND have a path in to Asia, Europe, and South America. It of course becomes much harder when the entire world gangs up on you...but until my foes sorted that out, I was keeping them off-balance fighting on three other continents and stockpiling armies.

Hey, I haven't studied military history for three decades for nothing.

I propose an online Risk game between TBD participants. I haven't played in 20 years, but I am game. Oh and guess who is the primary target...

I bought Life, Monopoly, and Risk for the computer so I have something other than solitaire to play at night while sitting in my hotel. I found that with Monopoly the computer players will trade you properties for $1 over cost. So if a property cost $200, offer them $201 and they'll take it.

I propose an online Risk game between TBD participants. I haven't played in 20 years, but I am game. Oh and guess who is the primary target...

Conner?

Of course not, I kid...he'd manage to be eliminated in a one-player game.

Risk is the reason I won't drink Jack Daniels straight. In college, we played that if you took a continent, you took a shot. I had six shots of JD lined up, the last I remember. I woke up the next day in bed fully clothed (including shoes) with a wastebasket next to me. They said the game ended when I fell over on the board. They then said they walked me around the dorm, I threw up in the bathroom and then they put me to bed.

No one will play Trivial Pursuit with me. Once I went first and no one else had a turn.