Preseason game 1- Bills @ Redskins "Gameday" thread

Skoobydum

Yeah...running game strong so far, they just aren't doing it enough!!!!! TOO MANY PASSES SO FAR.

On that long draw to Bell, I couldn't help but think that Spiller takes that one to the house......

Bell is a pretty good back. The Bills are deep there.

I'm actually OK with all the passing... they really need the practice.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, Doc. You KNOW what Edwards is. He's flat-out garbage. You know that from the past 4 years. Any number of veterans or rookies were available who would bring a LOT more to the table than that loser. Sorry. I'll never believe he will be anything remotely resembling an NFL QB.

Yes...I got it.

Skins were worse than the Bills last year. Now they drastically upgraded the QB and got a nice LT. The Bills QB is just sorry. Trent would be 2nd string on a few teams but likely 3rd string on most. He is our starter? sad.

This is the problem when a horrible offense practices every day against a horrible defense. Both squads come away impressed with themselves...

Hmmm...That's pretty insightful. They should bring in the UB team to get a dose of reality.

Trent: 6/12 58 yrds 1 INT

Time of possession: 11 minutes

You're right. Everyone knows that the 1st half of the 1st preseason game is the ultimate litmus test of ANY team. Sheesh.

That's what people said after LAST season's preseason opener. For this team, the preseason IS important. Not to win, but just to not look like clowns for the 10th year in a row.

This is the problem when a horrible offense practices every day against a horrible defense. Both squads come away impressed with themselves...

Good point.

At the same time that does'nt mean that both sides will not improve.

THINGS TO TRY AND BE POSITIVE ABOUT IN THE FIRST HALF:

We have pretty much given the Redskins their points. Maybin with the late hit. Edwards with the pick deep in our end. Corner not reacting properly on anything (should have had 2 picks.....instead he is late on making up his mind and gets burned terribly on the TD).

The offense should have had a shot to score a TD on the first drive if it wasn't for the hold by Stupar.

The could time Spiller actually got to run the ball, he looked fast and quick. In fact, our running game has been good! Just that we are throwing the ball WAY too much.

Troupe has looked good. Looks like he will be able to help us.

Obviously, there are a lot more negatives than positives, but I am hoping these things get fixed by the next game. Too many mental and stupid things.