FINALLY! An accurate assessment of Mark Sanchaz

Very interesting take on "Snatch-Head" vs Henne

Link

"Sanchez is the reason that I won't pick NYJ as a playoff team this year."

This to me is finally an analyst not buying into the Jets making the playoffs this year. I completely agree that mark sanchez will be the reason they don't. Thoughts?

Link

This to me is finally an analyst not buying into the Jets making the playoffs this year. I completely agree that mark sanchez will be the reason they don't. Thoughts?

I think Sanchizzle will be at best an average qb. He'll improve a lil bit this year, but i'm seeing some nice interceptions when he plays us again :thumbsup: (Lankster taking it to the House)

The only thing teams will have to worry about when playing Sachez is him handing off to Green/LT. I dont know who you can stop that though.

Or at least Green. I have little fear of LT. Valid point however. Sanchez doesn't have to be great if your line and running game is dictating the game. I think that's the formula Chan is trying to instill here for this season.

Both Sanchez and Henne have a chance to be in the top dozen or so QB's in the league. Eli Manning won a Super Bowl with an incredible defense and strong running game, but I don't think anybody would consider him an "elite" QB at this point. I could see Sanchez and Henne in his class, but not in the Brees-Peyton-Brady-Rivers top tier of QBs who can literally make any team a legit contender.

Sanchez showed more in one year than Edwards has shown in three. At least on 3rd and 8 he is willing to throw a 9 yard pass.

Link

Opinions are like a-sholes - everyone has one. Because this man's opinion agrees with your desire for Sanchez to be average, does not make it so. By his own admission (and again opinion), Sanchez can develop into an efficient passer - game manager perhaps...and that would be a good thing. I know nothing of Sanchez, but opinions of Brady coming out of collage were not high and we all know how that worked out.

if Sanchez fails, it would not totally surprise me as I am not a fan of USC QB's, but if he pans out, well, he was taken 1st overall.... Said to your post I don't think this mans opinion validates yours, just similar - only time will tell.

Both Sanchez and Henne have a chance to be in the top dozen or so QB's in the league. Eli Manning won a Super Bowl with an incredible defense and strong running game, but I don't think anybody would consider him an "elite" QB at this point. I could see Sanchez and Henne in his class, but not in the Brees-Peyton-Brady-Rivers top tier of QBs who can literally make any team a legit contender.

Sanchez showed more in one year than Edwards has shown in three. At least on 3rd and 8 he is willing to throw a 9 yard pass.

Well said.

I don't really get all the Sanchez bashing. No, I don't see him as a top 5 elite QB, but I don't see him as a liability like many seem to. As much as it sickens me to admit, I think he has shown some clutch ability and he has that leadership swagger thing down. He has a bright future.

Good points.

why would you believe this when he says chad henne is going to be a star? As much as i believe Mr. sand-chez is an "okay" QB. I dont believe chad henne is going to be a STAR.

I agree, I haven't been impressed with Henne.

Add me to the group who are underwhelmed by Henne.

If anything, I think that Sanchez may have some of the intangibles that great QBs need.

On the other hand, in all my years of watching Henne, he seems robotic and to lack any sort of presence.

Add me to the group who are underwhelmed by Henne.

If anything, I think that Sanchez may have some of the intangibles that great QBs need.

On the other hand, in all my years of watching Henne, he seems robotic and to lack any sort of presence.

+1

I heard Ross Tucker on Sirius NFL Radio this morning say a similar thing. He's not convinced Sanchez is a very good QB, and stated they will not go to the Superbowl with him as the QB

Ross Tucker's standards are so exacting that only Ross Tucker can meet them. No wonder a guy like Sanchez cannot hope to get Tucker's renowned seal of approval.

Well said.

I don't really get all the Sanchez bashing. No, I don't see him as a top 5 elite QB, but I don't see him as a liability like many seem to. As much as it sickens me to admit, I think he has shown some clutch ability and he has that leadership swagger thing down. He has a bright future.

The jets had the #1 defense & running game and only made the playoffs at 9-7 because their last 2 opponents played dead. They had 600+ rushing attempts & by far the fewest pass attempts. They hide Sanchez. Given the the defense & running game, Sanchez may have had the best situation of any rookie QB ever. Given that, that was about as bad of a season as I have seen by a Qb.

My hope is that they go away from what made them successful & let Sanchez throw more. And lil' Marty seems dumb enough to do that.

What a crock. What has he shown? With an all-pro offensive line he didn't look half as good as Edwards did in his first 16 games (who had a **** line).

The sports media is almost like the national political media. Everybody says the same thing and the reasons are so superficial. So the Jets are anointed as some great team partly because Sanchez was such a high draft pick and therefore has to blossom into a great QB. The people in the national media evaluate the Bills saying because we didn't draft a LT in the first round and because our QB situation is uncertain we have to finish last in our division and only win a few games.

Thirty years ago predictions of teams successes were pretty good by the national sports media. Now the predictions are laughable and almost never turn out to be true. Don't be surprised if the Bills finish with a better record than the Jets this year.

I heard Ross Tucker on Sirius NFL Radio this morning say a similar thing. He's not convinced Sanchez is a very good QB, and stated they will not go to the Superbowl with him as the QB

aside from bad games against us, i thought he looked good last year, far better than Trent ever did. He plays w balls, moves well in the pocket, and makes tight throws, deep throws. I am amazed anyone here could think trent is good and filthy sanchez isnt.

Given the the defense & running game, Sanchez may have had the best situation of any rookie QB ever. Given that, that was about as bad of a season as I have seen by a Qb.

I watched a bunch of Jets games last year. The way I remember it was that Sanchez started off pretty good, then really bottomed out when defenses figured him out. True, he had some pretty terrible performances. But towards the end of the year and into the playoffs, I saw him step it up. To my eyes, he looked like a young QB finding his stride and making plays.

His playoff stats (3 games):

41 of 68 (60.3%)

539 yards

7.9 yds/att

4 TD

2 INT

92.7 rating