Trent's confidence is soaring & he has become more vocal

Skoobydum

Trent Edwards looks more comfortable in his role as the starting quarterback, and his teammates are noticing.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/10/trent-more-vocal/

Positive comments regarding Trent Edwards will not be tolerated. This site is patrolled by DarthIce and his Taliban band. If your commentary is not cleansed a fatwa will be issued to brutally punish the heritic for expressing such corrosive thoughts. You continue at your own peril. :)

Positive comments regarding Trent Edwards will not be tolerated. This site is patrolled by DarthIce and his Taliban band. If your commentary is not cleansed a fatwa will be issued to brutally punish the heritic for expressing such corrosive thoughts. You continue at your own peril. :)

B-):D , all high praise to Allah ?

Trent Edwards looks more comfortable in his role as the starting quarterback, and his teammates are noticing.

Edwards has been more vocal with his teammates, has been more apt to approach his receivers in between series to discuss things that may have just happened or just to make sure they’re on the same page. He’s also been more encouraging of his teammates if they make a good play.

This is good news. This was something Edwards failed to do in the past and why he lost the locker room last year (IMO).

It also one of the reasons Fitzy out played Edwards last year. Fitzy was willing to seek out and discuss the play with his team mates, while Edwards tended to sit on the sidelines and sulk.

No communication is sure fire way to failure.

I could just hate the crap out of him here, but I like girls instead.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/10/trent-more-vocal/

This all sounds great in August. This guy's mental make up is peanut butter and fluffernutter.

I have zero faith in Trent Edwards. By October the voices in his head will take over & the regression will continue.

I look forward to Jake Locker in 2011...

Hopefully this means he will be more confident in his ability to assess the receivers on midrange to deep patterns.

This is the real issue with Trent thus earning him the name Captain Checkdown. Trent is basically the same player he was in college. I want to see how his game is maturing. I have not seen that yet. How will his confidence be after he gets rattled?

This all sounds great in August. This guy's mental make up is peanut butter and fluffernutter.

I have zero faith in Trent Edwards. By October the voices in his head will take over & the regression will continue.

I look forward to Jake Locker in 2011...

Your lack of faith in him will destroy him.

Hopefully this means he will be more confident in his ability to assess the receivers on midrange to deep patterns.

This is the real issue with Trent thus earning him the name Captain Checkdown. Trent is basically the same player he was in college. I want to see how his game is maturing. I have not seen that yet. How will his confidence be after he gets rattled?

The critical issue with Trent Edwards has to do with the play of his OL. If the line plays at a reasonable level and he falters then you can make a fair evaluation of him. If the line is constantly under seige then it is very difficult to evaluate the qb and the skill positions.

I still have major concerns with our OL, especially both OTs. At this point the organization is going with what it already has. I can't help but be nervous about it.

Yes, I want Trent to do well this year. I would like us to at least draft the best OT an OG in round one & two next year. The 49ers did this in the past draft . Then our O.line would really be a beast and compliment Levitre & Wood too. The key for Buddy & Chan is build the lines and the wins will come. They said it themselves they cannot turn this team around in one draft, I agree. The Bills are on the right track, just need to keep the owner alive.

During Peyton Manning's first 4 years, he as 32-29 as a starter. It usually takes a certain amount of time before QB's get their stuff straight, so saying he'll always look the same is really silly.

Oh no you didn't just compare Trent Edwards to Peyton Manning!

Oh the humanity. <_<

I believe this same thing was said last training camp.

And in 2008. The one difference I am now reading is his desire to actually engage in communication with his WRs.

For Edwards, that's a huge step forward.

Now, if just can continue that into the regular season ...