WGR 550

I was listened today at work while moving stuff around and was so miffed because they didn't talk sports at all. I listened for at least an hour and nothing!!! They were talking about actors on SNL. I live in Washington State. I can hardly ever listen because I am at work and all I wanted was some Bills news and nothing!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might catch some hockey talk, but that's about it.

they are so anti-bills its pathetic!, very pro-sabres though. the sabres can do no wrong in their eyes!, they jump all over a bills coach(justified) very quickly, but in the case of lindy ruff, "well he could get a job anywhere". even though he misses the playoffs more than makes them, in a league where making the playoffs is not that challenging!

Evidently, you missed the actor draft.

Or the food draft.

Or the show dedicated to cheese.

Seriously.

I tune in briefly from time to time to see how unlistenable the show is.

I am seldom disappointed in that regard.

I can't believe that there is a show in the country that is worse than that show.

I live in nc and thanks to my iPhone I now listen to Howard every morning. Every once in a while I give schoop and bulldog a try on my drive home, but I find them unlistenable. They both honestly seem annoyed by their job, it is wierd.

Yesterday I get home & I want to hear them talking about the Bills & the Schobel release, but instead they spent forever talking about Kelly Clarkson. Now I like Kelly Clarkson, but I didn't tune in to listen to their opinions of her while there is Bills camp. The only Kelly they should be allowed to talk about in PM drive time is Jim Kelly! I had to turn it off.

I live in nc and thanks to my iPhone I now listen to Howard every morning. Every once in a while I give schoop and bulldog a try on my drive home, but I find them unlistenable. They both honestly seem annoyed by their job, it is wierd.

That is a great point. It really seems like they don't like their job almost like they don't want to be there. 1230 is somewhat new and it is better at this point.

while I do think they are both idiots, and no one thinks more highly of Shoup than himself, you do need to put things in perspective.

Buffalo is hard pressed to fully support two non winning sports teams. Their jobs depend on the Sabre's not the Bill's. If the Sabres left town, WGR would be gone with them as they'd have nothing left. I'm sure much of their advertising $$ come from Sabre related programming. So if you're deciding do I go to a Bills or Sabre game, well the Bills are doing poor anyway, run by a bunch of morons (that's where they come in to convince you of that) you put your money on the Sabre's.

while I do think they are both idiots, and no one thinks more highly of Shoup than himself, you do need to put things in perspective.

Buffalo is hard pressed to fully support two non winning sports teams. Their jobs depend on the Sabre's not the Bill's. If the Sabres left town, WGR would be gone with them as they'd have nothing left. I'm sure much of their advertising $$ come from Sabre related programming. So if you're deciding do I go to a Bills or Sabre game, well the Bills are doing poor anyway, run by a bunch of morons (that's where they come in to convince you of that) you put your money on the Sabre's.

Respectfully disagree. They are sports radio. They report Buffalo sports. They purposely choose not to discuss anything related to UB even when they won their conference in football, the tangents that they go off on are ridiculous.

They are a perfect example of a business that has become satisfied because they think they are the only show in town.

Respectfully disagree. They are sports radio. They report Buffalo sports. They purposely choose not to discuss anything related to UB even when they won their conference in football, the tangents that they go off on are ridiculous.

They are a perfect example of a business that has become satisfied because they think they are the only show in town.

By his own admittance, Scopp doesn't even like football. He is a baseball guy. He knows very little about football and it shows when he tries to pretend that he does. He also can be very rude and obnoxious. Personally I can't listen to him. The last time I listened to him was after we beat Miami. His whole show was about how unprofessional it was for Buffalo to run up the score. The Biggest win for the Bills in a long time and he tried to twist it into something it wasn't. It was a joke. And just a couple of years ago after New England had decimated the Bills 56 - 10 on monday night, when the subjest of New England running up the score was brought up, he said that if the Bills didn't like it , then they should have stopped them from scoring. LOL..typical Scopp.

I was listened today at work while moving stuff around and was so miffed because they didn't talk sports at all. I listened for at least an hour and nothing!!! They were talking about actors on SNL. I live in Washington State. I can hardly ever listen because I am at work and all I wanted was some Bills news and nothing!!

about once a month, i give them a try, for like 5 minutes.....every single time i tune in, it's some schtick that is non-sports. wgr is AWFUL !!

I am sado-masochistic. I listen to them quite a bit. I live in Erie, so I listen online, or on the iPhone.

The comments about them and the Sabres are not true...they are hard on them, as well. They are exceptionally hard on the Bills, but they are into the negative is funny schtick. Schopp reports anything regarding the Bills as completely irrelevant, and while Bulldog likes the Bills, he isn't really educated, or is scared to get into it, because Schopp is so negative.

I am shocked how uneducated they are about the team that is one of two major sports teams they need to cover. Their draft coverage was asinine, they were way behind on the coaching search, they don't even know who is competing for what. I think one problem is they have not inside information from OBD.

What other stations cover the Bills? I would love to catch some real news one of these days.

I have been listening, quite a bit, lately, to Shoop & the Bulldog. I think people here exaggerate, at times, how little they talk about sports. Sure, they throw other things in there, but the other day, they talked at great length about the QB competition

and other training camp issues. They even have a 1 hour nightly training camp show, from Rochester, with Paul Hamilton.

As for "all the talk about is Sabres" thing, that is crap too. Sure, they talk about the Sabres a lot, but they hammer them pretty well. I think there are just a lot of folks on this Bills board, who don't really care about the Sabres, and hockey...but that is your issue. There are quite a few who love both teams...they talk about baseball and golf as well (two sports I have little to no interest in anymore) because that is what they do.

They aren't the best, by any stretch...but then, neither are the teams that they cover! :doh:

That is a great point. It really seems like they don't like their job almost like they don't want to be there. 1230 is somewhat new and it is better at this point.

If 1230 got an ap for the iPhone I would listen.

SPORTS Talk is supposed to be Sports Talk. Not ridiculous nonsense that spews from WGR on a constant basis. If there is breaking Buffalo sports news or maybe national sports news, they give it some attention but that's about all until the season starts. Last night after Bills practice, driving home, figured they would have Bills talk on. Nah. They had on some national NASCAR show. Thanks for that. This morning. Two minutes on Schobel and then 10 on the Video Game Hall of Fame in Iowa. Baseball is a FCC fineable word to WGR. UB is non-existent because their games are on another station. I could go on and on. Sabres are rarely criticized and/or defended no matter how inane their decisions are. Why? Sabres games are on WGR. No competition and two lousy teams so this is what we get.

I cant take wgr anymore and am looking for an alternative. As soon as I heard the afternoon show was doing a food draft I knew it was time for me to tune out. Aside from their 10 minture commercial breaks they drift off from sports so often and not only on the afternoon show. This morning howard and jeremy were talking about actors in small roles for my whole ride to work. I would be hard pressed to find a worse radio product in the entire country. Even if both teams are in the offseason talk about other sports, baseball, nba free agency, golf anything but your pathetic personal lives. Seacrest out

I have been listening, quite a bit, lately, to Shoop & the Bulldog. I think people here exaggerate, at times, how little they talk about sports. Sure, they throw other things in there, but the other day, they talked at great length about the QB competition

and other training camp issues. They even have a 1 hour nightly training camp show, from Rochester, with Paul Hamilton.

As for "all the talk about is Sabres" thing, that is crap too. Sure, they talk about the Sabres a lot, but they hammer them pretty well. I think there are just a lot of folks on this Bills board, who don't really care about the Sabres, and hockey...but that is your issue. There are quite a few who love both teams...they talk about baseball and golf as well (two sports I have little to no interest in anymore) because that is what they do.

They aren't the best, by any stretch...but then, neither are the teams that they cover! :doh:

check out their so called "fan polls", always avoid taking on the sabres the way they do the bills!, if the bills pulled what the sabres do on a regular basis with the arrogance, they would be worse than they are now on them ! come on!, it is so transparent , its not funny, their agenda is anti-bills, kiss the sabres ass!

Maybe you should pay attention to your work and not the radio?

Really, they have become unlistenable. I will often tune in on the way home from work in an attempt to get Bills coverage. You literally need to wait until the top of the hour to get a friggin sports report. Wang's injury, Shhobel's retirement weren't being discussed...

The big discussion earlier this week was about how great it would be if the Bills only win 2-3 games this year so we can get a GUARANTEED impact pick with a top 5 draft pick.... High draft pick is the type of thing you console yourself with to feel better about a losing season....AFTER the season is over, not during camp... Bunch of morons

Never even heard them talk about the Bisons