The Haynesworth saga continues

actually, he just up and quit.

He and his agent had all weekend to think of an excuse, and now he is saying his knee hurts. I'm sure trying to turn it around on the team that they are abusing their star player... next will be a grievance filed with the union.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=5429787

what a ego-maniacal pansy. especially in light of Ross Tucker's recent article linked in this thread:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=116403

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually, he just up and quit.

He and his agent had all weekend to think of an excuse, and now he is saying his knee hurts. I'm sure trying to turn it around on the team that they are abusing their star player... next will be a grievance filed with the union.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...tory?id=5429787

what a ego-maniacal pansy. especially in light of Ross Tucker's recent article linked in this thread:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=116403

I live in the DC area and on the WTOP news radio channel this morning some reporter was asked to do the same shuttle drill: http://www.wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=2016899

Why does this suprise anyone? I called 'injury' after he failed the first one.

Look here it is again....he isn't an NT and doesn't want to play NT and Idon't blame him. He is one of the best DT's to play the game in years and that is what he is. He is a gap penetrating, disruptive DT that they want to sit in the middle and just hold up the Center. Bull ****.

It would be like asking a 6'4 225lb WR with 4.4 speed to come to a new team, then a year later tell him he has to gain 20lbs and play TE when this guy has been a several time WR and one of the best currently in the game. sorry NO!

He was paid 100 mill to play DT, not NT, DT and there is a HUGE difference between the two positions. Washington apperantly had plans to make the switch to a 3-4 before signing him and I guess just thought he would go along with it.

Now some say 'well he is getting paid 100mill play where the coach wants you to play' I again say bull ****. He is a DT, has always been one and that is what you signed him to do. Now if you decide to make a change then ship the guy outta there and get you an NT.

the only thing he did wrong imho is take the 21 mill bonus in April. He should have said no and then flat told them he isn't reporting ever again and he would have been traded by now.

As for as this bull **** conditioning test is concerned, he is going to intentionally fail it EVERY time. Why? Two reasons. First is a !@#$ you to Shanahan, second is he doesn't have to practice and still gets paid as long as he cant pass it. Now you have him saying he is having knee issues. Wanna bet he says the conditioning test is what caused it?

Look washington isn't going to win this. All he has to do is drag ass for the rest of this season and they can't get back that 21 million bonus they paid him and he can then retire to force their hand in a trade when they eat the escilated portion of that 100 mill contract.

Moral of the story? Dont EVER pay that much money to any player.

running 50 yards back and forth 6 times is no joke and to do it again 3 and a half minutes later is brutal. I would love to see most posters on this board try and do that. My guess is less then 5% of this board could pass that test. Hell- try a straight 100 yard sprint. The test is almost pointless for a DT. I think Shanahan is busting Haynesworths balls. So please try and run those 300 yard sprints and let me know how that went

running 50 yards back and forth 6 times is no joke and to do it again 3 and a half minutes later is brutal. I would love to see most posters on this board try and do that. My guess is less then 5% of this board could pass that test. Hell- try a straight 100 yard sprint. The test is almost pointless for a DT. I think Shanahan is busting Haynesworths balls. So please try and run those 300 yard sprints and let me know how that went

Shanahans point is show your ass up in the offseason and be a team mate. That I have NO issues with. If he had been working out then he should be able to pass the test. Bottom line, he doesn't want to. I have no doubt right now he could pass it, he is saying FU to shanahan and I don't blame him.

Shanahans point is show your ass up in the offseason and be a team mate. That I have NO issues with. If he had been working out then he should be able to pass the test. Bottom line, he doesn't want to. I have no doubt right now he could pass it, he is saying FU to shanahan and I don't blame him.

so did you try the 300 yard sprints?

Not really. That's like a third of a mile total.

Try it. Sprinting 6 consecutive 50 yard sprints is anaerobic and will get your heart rate up high. You need to be in great shape to do it. And like I said- I would wager that less then 5% could pass that test. Maybe you are the rare minority that would pass. But for most people that test is brutal

And getting oxygen to the cells of a 370 pound man trying that test is very brutal

Try it. Sprinting 6 consecutive 50 yard sprints is anaerobic and will get your heart rate up high. You need to be in great shape to do it. And like I said- I would wager that less then 5% could pass that test. Maybe you are the rare minority that would pass. But for most people that test is brutal

And getting oxygen to a 370 pound man trying that test is very brutal

Look, I agree that it seems like a pretty unnecessary rigamarole to put a DT through, but it's not that hard.

About a dozen or so members of the Washington media have tried it, and from what I gather, the majority of them were able to successfully complete the drill, with some ease.

Also, sweet math going on in this thread. 300 yards does not equal one third of a mile. It's more like a fifth.

Look, I agree that it seems like a pretty unnecessary rigamarole to put a DT through, but it's not that hard.

About a dozen or so members of the Washington media have tried it, and from what I gather, the majority of them were able to successfully complete the drill, with some ease.

Also, sweet math going on in this thread. 300 yards does not equal one third of a mile. It's more like a fifth.

He said 300 yards, and then do it again. That's 600 yards. 1800 feet. A little over a third of a mile. Is my math still wrong? :lol:

tis. Try sprinting all out for 100 yards. When is the last time you tried that?

He said 300 yards, and then do it again. That's 600 yards. 1800 feet. A little over a third of a mile. Is my math still wrong? :lol:

I missed the part where you doubled it.

But, considering the rest in between the two sets is more time than the combination of both exercises, I think calling it a "third of a mile run" is not that accurate.

I'm sorry, are you questioning my fitness level? There's no way for me to answer that without sounding like a douche, but I'll play along.

First off, it's not a "sprint." As you said, it's 6 50 yard runs in 70 seconds. That's 11 seconds per 50 yards, with time to spare. That's not a "sprint."

So, with that in mind, I'll tie it to mine own fitness:

Part of my half marathon training involves interval runs. I'll be doing them tomorrow, the last time I did them was two weeks ago. I'll be running 8 quarter mile hard runs with an eighth mile jog in between them all. Based on the times I was clocking two weeks ago, I'll probably be completing each of the 8 quarter mile runs in just under 1:30. That's 440 yards in just about 90 seconds, or approximately 9 50 yard runs, each at about 10 seconds.

So yes, I have tried it. And yes, I could do it.

Problem is that Shanahan is in a pissing match he can't win. Haynesworth has already been paid, what if he doesn't pass it.

Will Shanahan cut Haynesworth to prove a point...hell no. Is Shanahan going to bench arguably the best defensive lineman in the league....hell no. He is going to back off his stance and play him. Shanahan needs cut the BS and condition him off camera and get him practicing with team. Keep in mind the check has already been cashed.

I did in college and it was our standard conditioning drill. The times vary by position and you basically run 25 yards down and back 6 times. If you conditioned at all in the offseason, it is a very passable test. If you were a fat tub of goo, it was hell.

And getting oxygen to the cells of a 370 pound man trying that test is very brutal

Give me $21 million dollars and I promise you, I'll get up off this couch and run 12 50 yards sprints or die trying. Until then, I'll concentrate on doing the things I'm paid to do.