#10 pick, Alualu, agrees to terms with Jags

Fingon

If someone would have told me that CJ would have been one of the LAST first rounders to sign when this all started....I would have thought they were crazy

Based on Bills history why would that surprise you? Add in the fact that he was the first RB taken and it's a recipe for a protracted holdout.

Reports are that the contract is 5-years for $28M with $17-17.5M in guarantees. If true, that's a LOT closer to what #11 got than a third of the difference between #8 and #11. This could drag out for awhile, since I can see the Bills demanding Spiller take closer to Alualu got.

Well then [insert fat stupid blue collar comic's overused tag-line here]

Not a Larry "the Cable Guy" fan, eh?

With the slots pretty well determined, the only way it could go wrong now is if Spiller has the attitude and mentality of Crabtree from last year. Here's to hoping the contract gets done soon.

Based on Bills history why would that surprise you? Add in the fact that he was the first RB taken and it's a recipe for a protracted holdout.

It's only very recent history. For about ten years we got everybody in on time. It is only within the last 3 or 4 years we've been unable to do it.

A couple of things have me less than optimistic that Spiller simply falls in with the slotting and gets signed soon:

- As already stated, he was the first RB taken - he's going to argue that because he plays a different position the strict slotting shouldn't apply

- You've got to believe Spiller and his agent are going to demand to be paid as if he's the clear-cut #1 RB on the team and the workhorse back who will see 25+ carries a game and the Bills know this won't be his role. Big difference in how you place a value on a guy - how much do you actually need/expect him to do for you - be a role player or carry the team.

Of course he is going to get paid. Look , @ Maybins deal that wasn't cheap... It all comes down rto posruring & slotting..The deal will get done by Friday, if it doesn't then their is a problem..I agree, He should get 25 million upfront & a standard contract.

A couple of things have me less than optimistic that Spiller simply falls in with the slotting and gets signed soon:

- As already stated, he was the first RB taken - he's going to argue that because he plays a different position the strict slotting shouldn't apply

- You've got to believe Spiller and his agent are going to demand to be paid as if he's the clear-cut #1 RB on the team and the workhorse back who will see 25+ carries a game and the Bills know this won't be his role. Big difference in how you place a value on a guy - how much do you actually need/expect him to do for you - be a role player or carry the team.

If you are the #9 pick and getting paid what spiller will be paid, you better become the workhorse back.

If you are the #9 pick and getting paid what spiller will be paid, you better become the workhorse back.

Agreed, but I think the Bills might argue that they're not going to pay a guy to be a workhorse if they don't see him being that workhorse. I can also see them trying to make the case that in today's NFL the single workhorse RB is going the way of the dinosaur - seems like a lot of teams are going to a multi-back, RBBC approach.