Here's my Training Camp Report from Saturday 7/31/10

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think there is a chance Lynch could be traded.......we still need a LT badly

Who do you get at LT? The Chargers won't trade McNeill, Gaither is having some major issues with weight/motivation, Adams was signed by the Steelers and is a shell of his former self...

Very strong depth at running back and defensive back.

Trades should be made.

Somehow I just don't see this happening...unless our tackles don't improve at all and someone hits the panic button midway/end of camp.

Mike, I love the way you do these reports. First, the facts, then your opinions & observations.

To quote you >> "Trent Edwards surprised me when he hit Lee Evans in stride for a 15-yard gain."

It's pretty bad when someone with your level of awareness is surprised at that! Don't Brady & Manning do that every 30 seconds at camp?

Most of the time at camp, Edwards waits until the receiver is stopped and looking at him. I was pleasantly surprised when he hit Evans in stride. I hope it continues.

I hope Marshawn wins his job back, it would be the surprise of camp.

We need OT depth, I think we can trade one or RB's to somebody of training camp wears on. I would not trade any of our DB's because of McGee always getting hurt.

I love your reports keep up the great job.

Most of the time at camp, Edwards waits until the receiver is stopped and looking at him. I was pleasantly surprised when he hit Evans in stride. I hope it continues.

That, IMO, will be the key to our season. Trent may have a quick release, but he completely negates that by taking a few seconds longer to decide to throw the ball. If you watch any decent QB or team, you'll see that most plays require about 3 seconds (some even less) for the QB to throw the ball. Watching Trent, it seems he takes closer to 5 seconds to throw. Those few seconds are all the time that's needed for a lineman to get beaten or a CB to jump the route.

What I want to see more than anything from our QB is quick passes. 1,2,3 throw the ball. All of these standing around looking around, pat, pat, throws is going to result in problems when the games start.

Thanks for the reports...much appreciated by us out-of-towners

"...working on play-action fakes, bootlegs, screens, and even slants."

Halleluja! Shouldn't these be a staple of any offense? How often did we see any

of these in the Jauron era. Ok, a few bootlegs while J. P. was here, and I remember

one slant last year to Evans that went for a TD, but God bless Chan for bringing back

a real offense. Now let's just hope it works.

Which, of course leads to another point in the article about O-line depth. I'm not totally thrilled with

our O-line, but I'm not as down on the projected starters as some...but if we sustain even

one or two injuries on the line this year, we could be in trouble. I hope they bolster the O-line depth

before we wrap up camp.

Thanks again, Mike

FYI (and you probably know this),

McKelvin was an outstanding punt returner in college.

He excelled as a kick returner his rookie year for the Bills but of his 9 return touchdowns in college, 8 of them were on punt returns.

Not sure why he looks so bad fielding punts in training camp.

Thanks again, Mike

FYI (and you probably know this),

McKelvin was an outstanding punt returner in college.

He excelled as a kick returner his rookie year for the Bills but of his 9 return touchdowns in college, 8 of them were on punt returns.

Not sure why he looks so bad fielding punts in training camp.

He was a very good punt returner is college, but it's still Roscoe Parrish's job. He excelled at it before that horrible game where he was yanked off PRs.

Here ya go. My report from Day 3 of Training Camp is finished. Sorry it's so late. I had to work the overnight after camp and just got done typing it up and uploading the photos.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE:

Mike, Your reports are terrific. Your documenting of the practices is better written than most professional writers' accounts.

I am very impressed.

However, I have one enormous criticism and warning which I am getting tired of repeating. You are not allowed to write anything positive about Trent Edwards. If you continue with this indiscretion DarthIce and his raging band of Taliban are going to issue a fatwa against you which will place you and your family in jeopardy. Whatever you do don't acknowledge that TE completed a pass down field. Without a doubt your observations have actually occurred but they are not to be publicly stated. It goes against everything the fanatics believe in and violates their distorted vision of reality.

For your own well-being you need to conform. :ph34r:

I have not read one negative comment from anyone in response to Mike's reports. We need to get his address & shower him with gifts. VERY much appreciated...it's like we're almost there!

Buy him pitchers of beer...but watch out! :ph34r:

If you don't stop apologizing for doing us a favor I'm going to fly back to Ra Cha Cha and kick your scrawny ass!

Thanks Mike!

You must be a big guy saying that...lol

As far as Leodis on the punts, I doubt it, but I wonder if the ball coming from the Jugs gun instead of off of Moorman's foot has any part to play...maybe a little more velocity on it than a natural punt. Roscoe, Leodis, and Ellis Lankster were the 3 on punts and Roscoe was the only one doing a consistent job fielding them

That, to me, is the biggest problem with Edwards during the game. He only wants to throw to guys he sees are open. He seems to have never learned that in the NFL you have to see the defense and decide which receiver will get open and put the ball there.

He really needs to trust his receivers, hopefully he learns it this year.

That, to me, is the biggest problem with Edwards during the game. He only wants to throw to guys he sees are open. He seems to have never learned that in the NFL you have to see the defense and decide which receiver will get open and put the ball there.

He really needs to trust his receivers, hopefully he learns it this year.

There's a term for that

Rob Johnson Syndrome..he never trusted in his receivers getting open until he saw it happen and took too long to pull the trigger

The biggest issue I see with Trent is how he stares down his receivers...if I can see who the ball is going to before the snap, the defense will see it as well