The QB pecking order - who you got?

ACor58

QB to start camp  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be first in the pecking order today?

• Trent Edwards
    • Brian Brohm
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Levi Brown

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked Brohm in hopes that he does get to be the starter and/or in hopes that if he isn't good enough, the other two realize they need to step up their game.

It's hard to make reverse psychology work in the NFL.

First day of camp? Gotta be TE. Everything they've said from the get go seems to have him starting but on a very short leash. I don't think starting on day one is any huge leg up in this camp. The race for the position come the regular season is wide open.

How many times are we going to have this same poll? Enough already. Just wait for this competition to play out. I'm sure most people are aware that the qb ranking is probably going to change on multiple occasions throughout camp and the season.

How many times do we have to endure the same posting from DarthIce over and over on the qb issue? Let the competition begin and then comment.

What I think it will be is Trent, Brohm, Fitz, even though IMO Fitz pretty much has #2 locked up, and the loser of the Trent vs. Brohm competition likely gets cut (unless we can trade him for a #7 or something).

What I may LIKE to see is Gailey make a small gamble and make Brohm the starter right now (in the pecking order at least, not for the regular season). Confidence seems to be the issue with both of those guys. Trent is probably figuring on being the starter. If Brohm gets a load of confidence by being named the starter and decides he's not going to lose the job, it could light a fire under him. If Trent has to "win" the job, maybe he starts to get a little confidence back, too, because he would probably win it. If it hurts his confidence by being second or third now, he was never going to be a good QB anyway.

How many times are we going to have this same poll? Enough already. Just wait for this competition to play out. I'm sure most people are aware that the qb ranking is probably going to change on multiple occasions throughout camp and the season.

How many times do we have to endure the same posting from DarthIce over and over on the qb issue? Let the competition begin and then comment.

:sick: people like you give me a reason to get up in the morning.

How many times are we going to have this same poll?

Depends on how often Gailey decides to switch QBs. So sorry to upset you.

I, for one, am very excited that camp starts today and since we were so close to the "pecking order" being revealed I figured the poll would be fun.

I hope that the topic wasn't misleading - I don't want to upset you any further.

Depends on how often Gailey decides to switch QBs. So sorry to upset you.

I, for one, am very excited that camp starts today and since we were so close to the "pecking order" being revealed I figured the poll would be fun.

I hope that the topic wasn't misleading - I don't want to upset you any further.

Don't let it bother you.

I went with Brohm because I've seen what the other 2 have and we need more.

Best wishes, Brian!