T.O. signs with Bengals

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Schefter Tweet

Filed to ESPN: Terrell Owens reached agreement with Bengals on a one-year, $2 million deal that includes another $2 million in incentives.

Yeah, I would pass on spending $4 M on this guy again. Sorry but the run is done, I appreciate his professionalim.

Yeah, I would pass on spending $4 M on this guy again. Sorry but the run is done, I appreciate his professionalim.

Completly Agree. I'd much rather see him go to a team that is ready to take the next step, than to the Bills who we know aren't there and also need to develop their younger players. If we were on the bubble, then sure. I wish him the best and hopefully he can help the long suffering Bangles Franchise.

Very happy that he didn't go to the NJests

This should be fun.

I agree. It was fairly amusing to the sane fan to watch folks hyperventialting about TO becoming a cancer for the Bills based on their reading of his past actual events.

A sane reading would have understood that TO has a complete history of being a total boy scout his first year and he can only split the team and fans if half of them believe in him.

It was actually quite amusing watching folks declare doom even before training camp got underway as surprisingly TO showed up for voluntary practice but then skipped out (it turned out he long had had commitment to be in Philly to receive an award for his work with kids with the disease).

The hilarious thing was watching folks declare any faux pas by him imagined or real as the end of the world when the reality was he was simply leading this team in recepts and yards.

The sad truth is that though TO did not deserve to be a Bill there was a strong cadre in the media and among some fans that are even lower on the food chain than TO.

The Cincy version of this dance will be fun.

Who cares where T.O. signs if you as me. Granted, I think he will still be productive, but we won't have to deal with him much. It'll be interesting when we play him on Nov. 21st in Cinci, but we have one of the better secondaries in the NFL so I'm not worried. Good for him that someone finally picked him up but at the end of the day I'm just worried about our WR's and that's it.

Honestly, this is a great fit for both sides. He still has some game left in him and they needed someone that can take pressure off of Ocho. Not to mention they are already accustom to dealing with a bigger than life personality in Ocho, so dealing with TO should be familiar for them. It also helps they have a solid running game and solid QB with young talent at TE as well. He should compliment their game and likely will be a happy camper being on a contender.