T.O. signs with Bengals

No. The Bills couldn't "unpay" Evans, or pay him less than they agreed to. They could have paid TO a lot less. Can't break it down any more than that.

Making the major assumption that they could have had TO for "a lot less," so what? It was still a lot better than what the Bengals paid Coles, especially since he lasted 1 year there, or what the Hawks paid Housh.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Making the major assumption that they could have had TO for "a lot less," so what? It was still a lot better than what the Bengals paid Coles, especially since he lasted 1 year there, or what the Hawks paid Housh.

Coles was a terrific run blocker. After he was cut, he remarked, "Carson likes tall receivers."

This makes our quick signing of him last year for $6.5 million seem all the more foolish. He had no other offers or interested teams.

other than you, who really cares what TO made last year? so what if they overpaid him a couple million anyways. its ralphs money. its not like you're writing the check. and for the bills, he was worth the money they paid just in the excitment he brought back for the fans.

other than you, who really cares what TO made last year? so what if they overpaid him a couple million anyways. its ralphs money. its not like you're writing the check. and for the bills, he was worth the money they paid just in the excitment he brought back for the fans.

I was among those that felt he would be a clubhouse problem of some sort. I was wrong.

One could make a case for overpaying him, but he is a "name" player, and that probably insured a healthy road attendance - of which BUF got their cut AFAIK.

I was among those that felt he would be a clubhouse problem of some sort. I was wrong.

Yeah, but that's because he became irrelevant on the field. :blink:

wait a minute... weren't you guys sure TO was gonna come ruin the Jets? :worthy:

I thought he was a bad fit because the Jets have a lot of "name" players they've added and at some point chemistry will be harmed, if it hasn't been already.

Then let's all agree to never comment on what Ralph pays for free agents. Nobody does that here anyway, right?

Anyway, were you referring to the excitement the fans felt between the signing and the actual season's start? Or the excitement of watching TO grind through a 6-10 season?