Does anyone watch Whale Wars?

boyst

I watch Whale Wars every week. I am drawn in that something new and neat will happen. The premise of these big ships out at sea in the Artic Ocean waging a "war" on each other is great! I mean, these people think it is a war, especially that little thin dude with the cheese goatee and stache.

Evey week, though, it is a major let down. Nothing really big happens. Friday's episode (on rerun right now) has the Audy Gil getting destroyed. That was some exciting stuff. However, the average show has the first fifteen minutes reviewing the last show, the next 30 minutes of them unsuccessfully "attacking" the Japanese than the last 15 minutes reviewing what they just did. Why do I watch this?! Is anyone else in to this show??? I am scared to mention being a fan of this in public...

I watch it, i find it amusing and enjoy watching those douchebags fail at every turn. This past weeks was a bit too much, those japs turned right into that little boat.

Generally I don't like the Sea Shepards, but in this case the Japs were wrong.

However, the average show has the first fifteen minutes reviewing the last show, the next 30 minutes of them unsuccessfully "attacking" the Japanese than the last 15 minutes reviewing what they just did.

By throwing the stinky butter?

I want to fight Peter. I think that is his name. That little tiny dude with the 15 yr old facial hair growth on the Bob Barker. I want to fight him every time I see him. He really %@!%! me off when he says things like "we're down here to save whales and if we have to we'll risk our lives" kind of wrap. That dude is so tiny and chances are he'd never ever make it in a boat or having to do physical work. He comes off as a little twerp.

I like the Audy Gill captain and the helicopter pilot. They pilot seriously seems like he doesn't give a crap and Bethune comes off as crazy. I do not see how this issue is not more regulated. Someone is going to get killed! I am not saying that what the Japs are doing is right or wrong but it just seems ridiculous to say it's research. Than again, a boat burning thousands of gallons of diesel to harass and play pirate is ridiculous, too.

South Park had the best parody of this...View Here

I want to fight Peter. I think that is his name. That little tiny dude with the 15 yr old facial hair growth on the Bob Barker. I want to fight him every time I see him. He really %@!%! me off when he says things like "we're down here to save whales and if we have to we'll risk our lives" kind of wrap. That dude is so tiny and chances are he'd never ever make it in a boat or having to do physical work. He comes off as a little twerp.

I like the Audy Gill captain and the helicopter pilot. They pilot seriously seems like he doesn't give a crap and Bethune comes off as crazy. I do not see how this issue is not more regulated. Someone is going to get killed! I am not saying that what the Japs are doing is right or wrong but it just seems ridiculous to say it's research. Than again, a boat burning thousands of gallons of diesel to harass and play pirate is ridiculous, too.

South Park had the best parody of this...View Here

My thing is that if they object to it so much then push to change the laws, but going down there like vigilanties is just retarded. Plus, the vast majority of that whale meat is contaminated, i cant remember exactly what it is, but basically, these jap fisherman sell it to jap markets, the meat is contaminated and over time the ppl that eat it have retarded kids, so at worst, if they cant stop whaling, that means there will be more retarded Japs, which is a good thing.

Also, in terms of the sea sheperds, I found it funny that bethune was the only one smart enough to bring a tater cannon. I found myself wondering why capt watson didnt invest in air cannons to launch the smelly butter in plastic capsules, instead of relying on limp wristed hippie activists that probably have never thrown anything in their lives, just a thought.

I watch Whale Wars every week. I am drawn in that something new and neat will happen. The premise of these big ships out at sea in the Artic Ocean waging a "war" on each other is great! I mean, these people think it is a war, especially that little thin dude with the cheese goatee and stache.

Evey week, though, it is a major let down. Nothing really big happens. Friday's episode (on rerun right now) has the Audy Gil getting destroyed. That was some exciting stuff. However, the average show has the first fifteen minutes reviewing the last show, the next 30 minutes of them unsuccessfully "attacking" the Japanese than the last 15 minutes reviewing what they just did. Why do I watch this?! Is anyone else in to this show??? I am scared to mention being a fan of this in public...

That is basically the formula for all of these "reality", "contest" shows...making them very inexpensive to produce, why there are so many of them...gotta go, "Cup Cake Wars" is on! :devil:

I've tried to watch it but just do not find it engaging ..... Deadliest catch is far more engrossing.

That is basically the formula for all of these "reality", "contest" shows...making them very inexpensive to produce, why there are so many of them...gotta go, "Cup Cake Wars" is on! ;)

Ice Road Truckers is another one. Each week, they make the previews seem like someone is going to wipe out, or go through the ice, or roll their rig down a 1000 foot cliff. But miraculously they get out of trouble just in time.

I've been hooked on this show for a while. It really cracks me up. "Ok, you're a school teacher in real life? Go drive that little inflatable raft at that giant japanese whaling ship and throw bottles of buturic acid at them" (because we all know hippies are good at sports) Their incompetence is comical but I can't knock their passion.

I watch it, i find it amusing and enjoy watching those douchebags fail at every turn.

Ha - this thread is funny because I almost created one a few weeks ago after catching the first shows I've seen during a mini-marathon or something. At first I'm thinking this should be interesting - arguably good cause, David vs. Goliath, Good vs. Evil etc. - then after a while I found myself actually rooting for the whalers over the inept, whiny morons who were trying to stop them. I thought it was funny here I was - hating the group the show was intending to portray as heroes. Nice to know it wasn't just me...

I watch to laugh at the silly hippies. Hippies make the worst pirates, really. The best episode was when they we're stuck deep in the ice, and they sent a couple of idiots down in the bowels to do "something" if the boat sprang a leak due to Capt. Dumbass's dumbassery. Classic.

:angry:

Not enough bad things can happen to those Sea Shepherd idiots.

I just looked up what happened with the whole Pete Bethune thing, here is what I found; Guilty Verdict (Japanese perspective)

Guilty Verdict (Hippy Version)

Amazing, the Japanese were way too hard on him and do not realize that this will only further the whaling cause! There are a ton of people who would do much more crazy things than Bethune. I would, for one. Not because I really care all that much about whales, but it'd be fun. What an adventure?! I would definately be more crazy than him. I mean, why not?!

The whole issue is just amazing and Japan is ridiculous.