Dear Cleveland, if your businesses start to close because Lebron

stevestojan

Seriously? I just watched 20 minutes of Sportscenter about how a guy that plays basketball leaving your city will impact the economy of the city? Holy ****. That's !@#$ing sad.

I guarantee that the HSBC headquarters in Buffalo will close in under 6 months due to the retirement/holdout of Aaron Schobel. I guess A-Ron's departure from Buffalo has the same economic impact as 'Bron's departure from Cleveland.

Seriously? I just watched 20 minutes of Sportscenter about how a guy that plays basketball leaving your city will impact the economy of the city? Holy ****. That's !@#$ing sad.

thank you.

if that's truly the case then the best thing for LeBron and Cleveland was for him to get out of there.

"our chief export is crippling depression." amazing, cause its Buffalo.

I struggle with justifying fan anger/believing free agents "owe" something to the city. Lebron had a right to free agency and he used it.

I feel for Cleveland fan though. It's sad that the people that really care, really love their teams, are the ones left behind. Pro sports is a cold weather thing.

Do people REALLY give a **** about Miami sports? When there's beautiful weather, beautiful women, vibrant night life, South Beach, and a bunch of other awesome things to do in a sub-tropical climate?

Buffalo prides itself on few things-its food, its arts/music scene, and love for terrible sports teams. It's one of the few things we got left.

I just wish for once the Rust Belt catches a break.

Is it really that far fetched? All the businesses around the Cavs arena probably made a killing on game nights. Full arena and other people going out to watch the game. How would this be any different say of the Sabres or Bills moved? LeBron was that franchise. Everyone is assuming that the team will return to its losing ways. Attendence will drop and less people will frequent the businesses around the arena. A lot of people (bars, street vendors, etc.) will be hurt. It is sad that something like sports can have that much effect but that is just the way it is.

Is it really that far fetched? All the businesses around the Cavs arena probably made a killing on game nights. Full arena and other people going out to watch the game. How would this be any different say of the Sabres or Bills moved? LeBron was that franchise. Everyone is assuming that the team will return to its losing ways. Attendence will drop and less people will frequent the businesses around the arena. A lot of people (bars, street vendors, etc.) will be hurt. It is sad that something like sports can have that much effect but that is just the way it is.

except the team hasnt left town. only one 25 year old player who has never won a championship anyways.

if the city is so worried, then they better watch what Gilbert does to back up the check his mouth wrote. he says theyll put a team together that will win a championship before LeBron. based on that, the city shouldnt be worried then... :thumbsup:

except the team hasnt left town. only one 25 year old player who has never won a championship anyways.

if the city is so worried, then they better watch what Gilbert does to back up the check his mouth wrote. he says theyll put a team together that will win a championship before LeBron. based on that, the city shouldnt be worried then... :bag:

Yeah but imagine if the Bills or Sabres drafted a hometown kid who almost singlehandedly turned the franchise around and became the premier player in the league. Do you honestly think the citywide reaction would be any different? Like others have said it's just another sad example of one of the "little guys" in sports taking it from one of the big glitz and glamour cities. I really don't give two craps about the NBA but I don't see how a Buffalo fan could not be sympathetic to what Cleveland fans are going through right now.

Yeah but imagine if the Bills or Sabres drafted a hometown kid who almost singlehandedly turned the franchise around and became the premier player in the league. Do you honestly think the citywide reaction would be any different? Like others have said it's just another sad example of one of the "little guys" in sports taking it from one of the big glitz and glamour cities. I really don't give two craps about the NBA but I don't see how a Buffalo fan could not be sympathetic to what Cleveland fans are going through right now.

Are you kidding? If we drafted a hometown kid who singlehandedly turned the bills around, but didn't win a single championship, we'd be calling for his head after 2 years, not 7.

Buffalo > Cleveland > Detroit > Tucson

:bag: Great post.

I think Dan Gilbert, with all of his bluster, is really just trying to "rally the troops" so to speak in Cleveland, and I can't say that I blame him. Disappointment, bitterness and revenge are the only things they have to rally around, right now.

:bag: Great post.

I think Dan Gilbert, with all of his bluster, is really just trying to "rally the troops" so to speak in Cleveland, and I can't say that I blame him. Disappointment, bitterness and revenge are the only things they have to rally around, right now.

I think you're giving him way too much credit. I think that letter was nothing more than a case where he didn't stop and think before he did something incredibly stupid.

That is why I said in Buftex's orignal thread that we are lucky NOT to get Pat Kane with the hard push the Sabres made to aquire with Chicago's #1 pick. At least now he has his Cup and the odds are he may actually play someday in BFLO much later in his career. The pressure is off.

Anyway... There in lies the whole "loyalty problem"... CLEV (Akron) is LB's hometown... How can he do that to his hometown, especially making so much money... Many escape or are sent into "exile" :bag: becasue they need to do what they have to do and eek out a living. Quite the opposite here with LB... He is just flat out disloyal and selfish, even if he is making less and screwing/colluding and making it worse for all the other players.