NFL SUNDAY TICKET

If you are an existing customer, you should soon receive in the mail a letter explaining changes to Sunday Ticket.

READ IT CAREFULLY.

Red Zone, Shortcuts, HD, and Game Mix are all now included in the Sunday Ticket Price. My original price was $300.00.

SuperFan is now Sunday Ticket-to-Go, which allows you online viewing and mobile viewing. It costs an additional $50.00 AND YOU WILL BE CHARGED UNLESS YOU CALL TO CANCEL IT. IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW.

By calling to cancel it, the guy on the phone canceled it for me and gave me $60.00 off Sunday Ticket. Ask to speak to Premium Services.

I look at my bill now (and I just called this afternoon), and I see a credit labeled "NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2010 - $10/6mosNFLSave" on it.

Even if you don't want to cancel anything, call and ask about this promotion. $240.00 is a pretty good price!

If you are an existing customer, you should soon receive in the mail a letter explaining changes to Sunday Ticket.

READ IT CAREFULLY.

Red Zone, Shortcuts, HD, and Game Mix are all now included in the Sunday Ticket Price. My original price was $300.00.

SuperFan is now Sunday Ticket-to-Go, which allows you online viewing and mobile viewing. It costs an additional $50.00 AND YOU WILL BE CHARGED UNLESS YOU CALL TO CANCEL IT. IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW.

By calling to cancel it, the guy on the phone canceled it for me and gave me $60.00 off Sunday Ticket. Ask to speak to Premium Services.

I look at my bill now (and I just called this afternoon), and I see a credit labeled "NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2010 - $10/6mosNFLSave" on it.

Even if you don't want to cancel anything, call and ask about this promotion. $240.00 is a pretty good price!

Yeah I remember last season because of the recession if you called to cancel NFL sunday ticket they gave you a discounted rate.

Yeah I remember last season because of the recession if you called to cancel NFL sunday ticket they gave you a discounted rate.

I wish I'da done that!

I simply called to cancel this new thing that they sprung upon us, and got a discount. That makes me super happy!

READ IT CAREFULLY.

You dont even have to hold out, I called yesterday, they gave me 20.00 a month for 6 months= $120, $50.00 credit to get the on the go for free, and 3 months of HBO Free, a total of $215.00 in savings. Dont have to hold out, and I didn't threaten to leave, just called told the recording cancel service( it will ask you again if you mean change or cancel....say cancel), it transfer's you to retention department. Then i simply told the guy I want to keep the Sunday ticket but it was pricey, gave me the 120 discount, asked him if I had to cancel the "on the go" or if he could give it to me free since I will only use it 1 -2 times, so not worth 50 bucks so he gave me that for free, then when it was all done asked if he could hook up some premium channels for me, he gave me the 3 month free HBO. but he did say he cannot give you premium channels if you already have it, by that I mean you cant already have HBO, and ask him to cancel it and then give it to you free, they can only give you a free try of something you dont already Have, hope this helped some.

Long story really short I got the ticket for free. Had Uverse, moved and told them I would use their premium package if I got the ticket free. Took a little arm bending but got it done, not going to lie, it makes a man feel good.

Long story really short I got the ticket for free. Had Uverse, moved and told them I would use their premium package if I got the ticket free. Took a little arm bending but got it done, not going to lie, it makes a man feel good.

The Q3 offer comes out July 22nd I think, and will be the 5 months FREE of Premier when you sign up for NFL SUNDAY TICKET™.

If you haven't signed up for DTV yet, the best offer out there is the AAA offer, which is $10 off for 20 months (on top of any national offer). Call this number if you're a AAA member: 1-800-370-3578. It will show up as a bill credit on top of the special NFL price, which also gives you free HD for life.

Be aware, like I said, the Q3 offer isn't online until end of July.

You dont even have to hold out, I called yesterday, they gave me 20.00 a month for 6 months= $120, $50.00 credit to get the on the go for free, and 3 months of HBO Free, a total of $215.00 in savings. Dont have to hold out, and I didn't threaten to leave, just called told the recording cancel service( it will ask you again if you mean change or cancel....say cancel), it transfer's you to retention department. Then i simply told the guy I want to keep the Sunday ticket but it was pricey, gave me the 120 discount, asked him if I had to cancel the "on the go" or if he could give it to me free since I will only use it 1 -2 times, so not worth 50 bucks so he gave me that for free, then when it was all done asked if he could hook up some premium channels for me, he gave me the 3 month free HBO. but he did say he cannot give you premium channels if you already have it, by that I mean you cant already have HBO, and ask him to cancel it and then give it to you free, they can only give you a free try of something you dont already Have, hope this helped some.

You're right, most people get it right off the bat. All I meant by holding out is that sometimes they first offer folks $10 off for 6 months, and if you resist a little and/or cite that others are getting $20, then they'll give you the bigger discount. A lot of times people are happy to get the $10 and just take it without pushing for more.

Made my call to Directv told them I wanted to cancel the NFL Sunday ticket due to the price increase. They knocked off $20 per month to bring it down to $180 without any hassle. Also, I was able to get the $10 HD monthly fee waived for the year as well.

Even if it auto renews...you can still cancel and/or call and get your price reduced. Mine auto-renewed at 6 payments of 49.99. I called and bitched that it was too much and that I'd have to cancel it, they got me down to 6 payments of 34.99. Saved a cool $90 myself.....just call them. I haven't paid full price for Sunday Ticket and I've had it for aprox the last 6-7 years.

Ended up getting the standard $20 a month for 6 months and they also are discounting $5 for 6 months on Sports Pack I have. Total of $150. Still more than the current version of the Bills are worth but its nice to have for fantasy leagues

They took $120 off the NFL Tix; removed my HD charge for 6 mos; and credited me $20 per month for 6 mos off the premier package. They also added two new HD receivers and installed everything, including the new "SWIM" network for free ($3 per month for SWIM access). I guess "SWIM" gives each receiver the On Demand and allows every receiver, even non-DVR receivers, to access the playlist of every other DVR receiver. You only need one cable now to each receiver and you can record multiple programs while watching something else. Sounds good. They are coming 7/26.

Guess I'm not as persuasive as you all are. I did get the To-Go package removed, but only got $5 off for 6 months for the Sunday ticket.

I just called and got the To-go package removed as well along with $20 off for 6 months.

They took $120 off the NFL Tix; removed my HD charge for 6 mos; and credited me $20 per month for 6 mos off the premier package. They also added two new HD receivers and installed everything, including the new "SWIM" network for free ($3 per month for SWIM access). I guess "SWIM" gives each receiver the On Demand and allows every receiver, even non-DVR receivers, to access the playlist of every other DVR receiver. You only need one cable now to each receiver and you can record multiple programs while watching something else. Sounds good. They are coming 7/26.

I just got the new DirecTV Swim thing a couple of weeks ago. It is pretty cool and nice to be able to record things on one receiver and watch the recordings in another room. I went with (2) DVR's to double my record capabilities, with one of them on a TV on the patio for the Bills games.

I don't think DTV has worked out all the kinks with this system but it is great.

One thing to be ready for when they come to install it...They will probably need to re-wire the cable in the house if it is more than 10-15 years old. You might want to call DTV back and ask them to have one of their own techs doing the install as opposed to a subcontractor. The subs, from my experience, don't have a clue to what they are doing when it comes to installing the new system. I had two out to my house before I threatened to cancel and DTV sent out one of their own technicians. It took about two weeks to get it straightened out but luckily I was in between moving and i didn't have to go without the TV for more than a day or two.

Also, make sure you have your router and modem in an accessible location because that is a requirement and a neccessity for the system to work.

I'll have one of you call in my place next time. :thumbsup:

Call em back and tell them your friends are getting it cheaper.....worst they can do is say no. Worth ten minutes of your time if you ask me.

I just got the new DirecTV Swim thing a couple of weeks ago. It is pretty cool and nice to be able to record things on one receiver and watch the recordings in another room. I went with (2) DVR's to double my record capabilities, with one of them on a TV on the patio for the Bills games.

I don't think DTV has worked out all the kinks with this system but it is great.

One thing to be ready for when they come to install it...They will probably need to re-wire the cable in the house if it is more than 10-15 years old. You might want to call DTV back and ask them to have one of their own techs doing the install as opposed to a subcontractor. The subs, from my experience, don't have a clue to what they are doing when it comes to installing the new system. I had two out to my house before I threatened to cancel and DTV sent out one of their own technicians. It took about two weeks to get it straightened out but luckily I was in between moving and i didn't have to go without the TV for more than a day or two.

Also, make sure you have your router and modem in an accessible location because that is a requirement and a neccessity for the system to work.

Long story short, on my first setup back in 2004, two kids, probably 18 or 19 (subs) came out and did the initial install. During the process, they did over $500 in damage to both the interior and exterior walls. In the end, DirecTV reimbursed me, not before providing them a number of estimates along with a series of photographs. Now, any time I require service, I insist on a lead technician. I even take it one step further and insist the person show up in a DirecTV van. I have been told repeatedly that just because they drive a DirecTv van, it doesn’t mean they aren’t subcontractors. I tell them it doesn’t matter, I want to see the person show up in a DirecTv van and the person must be a lead tech. I haven’t had any problems since.

READ IT CAREFULLY.

240 is all right.

i saved $135 . From 314 to 179.

help me out....

So I just signed up for Direct TV. (I dont have Sunday Ticket yet).

What should be my strategy to get the best deal on the sunday ticket? In other words, what is the lowest price I can get for it and how.

I called and did the "cancel" thing... got it down to $179.99... GREAT price for me! thanks to everyone for posting here and making me want to call. I basically haven't complained to them about anything in 9 years so i didn't feel bad telling them it was too much.

READ IT CAREFULLY.

I save $300 by watching any game I want online...FREE...the wave of the future...industries the internet has helped destroy:

US Postal Service

Malls/Retail Stores

Newspapers

Music

Movies

Software

Next Up: Cable/Satellite Television and their overpriced sports subscriptions

I save $300 by watching any game I want online...FREE...the wave of the future...industries the internet has helped destroy:

US Postal Service

Malls/Retail Stores

Newspapers

Music

Movies

Software

Next Up: Cable/Satellite Television and their overpriced sports subscriptions

Let me know when the streaming is compatible with my 60 inch plasma...

READ IT CAREFULLY.

I got a better deal! Just got of the phone with them. They took off the to-go service, and then I asked them if there was anything they could do for me as a loyal customer. Girl knocked my payment doen from 49.99 to 29.99 so, between the to-go and the discount, I'm saving 26 dollars a month or $156! Didn't even have to pull the "i'm thinking of dropping" bit, either. Ask and ye shall receive.

whenever you decide to go buy a video card with an output on it...

And it's gonna show up on my TV in 1080p with a flawless picture?

I'm not being a dick, Im actually interested in what you have to say...

I called and did the "cancel" thing... got it down to $179.99... GREAT price for me! thanks to everyone for posting here and making me want to call. I basically haven't complained to them about anything in 9 years so i didn't feel bad telling them it was too much.

I got a better deal! Just got of the phone with them. They took off the to-go service, and then I asked them if there was anything they could do for me as a loyal customer. Girl knocked my payment doen from 49.99 to 29.99 so, between the to-go and the discount, I'm saving 26 dollars a month or $156! Didn't even have to pull the "i'm thinking of dropping" bit, either. Ask and ye shall receive.

Sounds like a bunch of happy campers to me! Hard to believe anyone out there bitching about Sunday Ticket, all the while getting these disocunts, and continuing to send their hard earned money to a provider they hate :devil:

We got sucked in last year. Sunday Ticket and "free HBO" yada yada! The problem we found is that it's very difficult to cancel at the conclusion of the offer period. It took 2-3 months after the season to recover, get the proper credit to the account etc. Now, Direct TV is calling us trying to sell essentially the same "deal" again. No thanks!

So it's very much Buyer beware! What might sound like a good deal now could be a huge pain in Feb/March 2011.

I'm resigned to either go to a bar to watch or hope for an occasional re-run on NFL network.

Hopefully I'll regret this decision, the BILLS will have a great season, and I'll again look forward to some post-season games, but for now, I'm holding out! :rolleyes:

We got sucked in last year. Sunday Ticket and "free HBO" yada yada! The problem we found is that it's very difficult to cancel at the conclusion of the offer period. It took 2-3 months after the season to recover, get the proper credit to the account etc. Now, Direct TV is calling us trying to sell essentially the same "deal" again. No thanks!

So it's very much Buyer beware! What might sound like a good deal now could be a huge pain in Feb/March 2011.

I'm resigned to either go to a bar to watch or hope for an occasional re-run on NFL network.

Hopefully I'll regret this decision, the BILLS will have a great season, and I'll again look forward to some post-season games, but for now, I'm holding out! :rolleyes:

I didn't have to purchase anything to get the discount.

Just called in to "cancel" my Sunday ticket and they lowered me down to the $29.99 rate without a fuss. They must have a ton of notes on me because i've been doing this for like 5 years (i've had DTV for nearly 10 yrs). Anyway, i could not get the old Free HBO trick for 3 months or whatever, i think the guy was thinking "not you again" and just wanted me to go away.... Hey, i'll take what i can get and be happy!

And we call Ralph cheap :thumbsup:

LOL Thanks for this post, I just got mine to $39.99 with another $20 off this month and Starz for 3 months, Starz will auto cancel after promo period. I wish I would checked the tread today I see more of the $29.99 month deals. Oh well, I will take it.

Good for you! You shoulda held out - most people are getting $20 off for 6 months, bringing the package down to $180.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1875301

Yep I just got this deal. You don't have to be nasty or anything, just tell them you would like them to extend the deal that you heard others are getting, and its no issue. My online account was updated in minutes after the phone call.