Should Cities Install Moving Sidewalks

/dev/null

No, because just like at the airport, !@#$s will go along for the ride and stand right in the middle of the walkway, rather than get off to the side and let the people who have somewhere to be pass by.

No, because just like at the airport, !@#$s will go along for the ride and stand right in the middle of the walkway, rather than get off to the side and let the people who have somewhere to be pass by.

I spend FAR too much time in airports. This post is FAR too accurate. #*$@ers! Move your fat *&^%ing @$$e$ out of the way! I don't go to airports to stay in airports. I go to airports to get OUT of airports.

On a related note, I saw "Wall-E" on (gee, of all things) a recent flight. Sure. Let's build people movers. Why walk?

I spend FAR too much time in airports. This post is FAR too accurate. #*$@ers! Move your fat *&^%ing @$$e$ out of the way! I don't go to airports to stay in airports. I go to airports to get OUT of airports.

On a related note, I saw "Wall-E" on (gee, of all things) a recent flight. Sure. Let's build people movers. Why walk?

Do you try saying "excuse me, coming through" or do you just stand behind them and stew?

Do you try saying "excuse me, coming through" or do you just stand behind them and stew?

Oh, no, Chef. Trust me when I tell you that they know I'm coming. I'm never rude, but very direct. "Excuse me. Thank you". And if they can't get their bag or @$$ out of the way...

Airport have been turned into malls in an effort to capture a few more bucks. Phooey. Shop at home.

Oh, no, Chef. Trust me when I tell you that they know I'm coming. I'm never rude, but very direct. "Excuse me. Thank you". And if they can't get their bag or @$$ out of the way...

Airport have been turned into malls in an effort to capture a few more bucks. Phooey. Shop at home.

I'm all for being polite but in the airport it's every man for himself. "Coming through, on your left...helllllooooo I have a flight to catch" works for me. I have no problem being rude to !@#$s that I will never see again.

A lot of the really big airports already have a conveyor belts to take people from one end of the terminal to the other.

Moving sidewalks. Yikes. If thats the direction civilization is going to head in, I would rather the Mayan prophecies come true!

Has anyone watched idiocracy? Awful movie, but I like the premise.

<_< this is the most stupidest unworthy thread i have ever seen, you should be ashamed of yourself

Do you read the threads you start or are you, for some reason, excluding those. :thumbsup:

:lol: why's it always come back to me?

Link

Here's a better idea. Make the sidewalks like a treadmill that takes a little extra effort to move forward on. Take that energy and use it for electricity. Free electricity and healthier citizens. What's not to like?

I'm all for being polite but in the airport it's every man for himself. "Coming through, on your left...helllllooooo I have a flight to catch" works for me. I have no problem being rude to !@#$s that I will never see again.

Don't get me started on idiots in the security screening line. If you are going to fly learn what you can carry on and what you can't. I was held up on a recent trip while some idiot was arguing that her shampoo was permitted because it was "just like medicine to her." Another time a dude was arguing with the TSS agent checking ID's. His brilliant premise was that he did not need a boarding pass to get on the plane (nor did he need it to get through security I guess).

I love walking really fast on those things and then having that awkward adjustment as you get back to the non-moving ground. I really want to run across one of those things just to see if I'd fall flat on my face at the end. If a some people get a few laughs, I'm fine with it.

Don't get me started on idiots in the security screening line. If you are going to fly learn what you can carry on and what you can't. I was held up on a recent trip while some idiot was arguing that her shampoo was permitted because it was "just like medicine to her." Another time a dude was arguing with the TSS agent checking ID's. His brilliant premise was that he did not need a boarding pass to get on the plane (nor did he need it to get through security I guess).

Don't get me started on idiots that post on message boards. If you are going to post, learn how to post a single message and not do a double post.

:thumbsup: