Troy Smith to Buffalo speculation

How can one "make a jump" if they haven't "show growth"? That's nonsense. Even if everyone else declined and his standing improved, you wouldn't use the term "made a jump". You are playing a stupid semantic game here to try to win an argument. It's clear Chan thinks he has improved, which is really the point of saying he has "shown growth" or "made a jump".

You are correct if you are saying this may mean squat. But don't deny what the HC said. He said it.

Did I deny that Chan said it? Please point out where I did so I can remove that. Thanks.

And you can say whatever you want, but there is a clear distinction between the two. Jamarcus "made a jump" a few weeks ago when he came into camp ready to fight for his job against Campbell and impressed...then that stopped, he sucked again, and is now in jail. No one went as far as to say he was "showing growth." "Showing growth" implies continuous improvement and expected further development. "He's made a jump" - and more importantly, "We'll have to see how he progresses once we get pads on and all that" - implies no such expectation of further improvement, but more of a cautious optimism of such. If you can't see the difference then I can't help you.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How can one "make a jump" if they haven't "show growth"? That's nonsense. Even if everyone else declined and his standing improved, you wouldn't use the term "made a jump". You are playing a stupid semantic game here to try to win an argument. It's clear Chan thinks he has improved, which is really the point of saying he has "shown growth" or "made a jump".

You are correct if you are saying this may mean squat. But don't deny what the HC said. He said it.

It says he has made a jump not anyhing about showing growth.For all we know Chan could have been implying Brohm made a jump off of a cliff.

aaaahhhhh, early July . . .

arguing about the HC's meaning when he uses such concrete language as "made a jump" . . .

makes me miss the local pub back in WNY . . .

:censored:

:censored:

moving to the midwest has really helped my blood pressure . . .

Did I deny that Chan said it? Please point out where I did so I can remove that. Thanks.

And you can say whatever you want, but there is a clear distinction between the two. Jamarcus "made a jump" a few weeks ago when he came into camp ready to fight for his job against Campbell and impressed...then that stopped, he sucked again, and is now in jail. No one went as far as to say he was "showing growth." "Showing growth" implies continuous improvement and expected further development. "He's made a jump" - and more importantly, "We'll have to see how he progresses once we get pads on and all that" - implies no such expectation of further improvement, but more of a cautious optimism of such. If you can't see the difference then I can't help you.

Dude, you are just being argumentive to be argumentive. Its clear as day that Brohm is clearly in the running for the #1 spot and that Chan feels like he has improved as it is well documented. The lame argument over the difference in the words "shown growth" or "made a jump" is comical that it has taken up half a page worth of posts.

Clearly Chan is referring to Brohm and his development when he said he has made a jump, which means the same thing as he has shown growth...but go ahead, keep arguing a pointless point because clearly thats your goal here...

Yeah, can we please get back to bashing me? People fighting over what Chan meant when he said XXXXXXX is rediculous.

lol...one, my OP wasnt a bash on you and 100% bash on the reporter :censored:

Two...I was shocked to come back to thread and find a page and a half debate on the meaning of Chans words which were pretty obvious to begin with...then again, I dont know why I was shocked considering who it was and the fact it was on this board...lol

I really wouldn't mind seeing what Troy could do in Buffalo. However, I think it's just adding more of what we have at the QB position. They keep talking about Heisman trophy winner Troy Smith, but that doesn't mean much. Just look at what Matt Leinart has done in Arizona so far. Why don't they add him and have two Heisman winners under center to compete.

Do we ever know if Smith will better than Fitz? Because I think the best case scenario is Smith is Fitz with a darker skin color. He is completely overrated because of his college experience. The more he plays in the pros, the less impressive you would become.

I really wouldn't mind seeing what Troy could do in Buffalo. However, I think it's just adding more of what we have at the QB position. They keep talking about Heisman trophy winner Troy Smith, but that doesn't mean much. Just look at what Matt Leinart has done in Arizona so far. Why don't they add him and have two Heisman winners under center to compete.

This discussion has been going on for five pages now. It's still active.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=115183