Brohm

Don'tcha love it when people hate the starter so much they manufacture stuff in their heads...some of these previous posts get me.

Whomever starts or finishes this year at QB, no QB on the roster will do a good enough to get the Bills a winning season simply because they won't have enough support around them to help them win. So far this new Bills head coach has shown me he isn't any better then Jauron in terms of the O line.

If this guy is so good as a offensive mind... then how can he go into the season knowing his offense will be limited to mostly 3 step drop passing plays. Every time the Bills need to throw deep in a critical situation they will fail just like last season simply because the QB's won't have more then 3 seconds to throw. No team can run an effective offense without the threat of a big play from the deep passing game.

Last year Jauron the moron brought in TO to have an effective second deep threat along with Lee Evans. Then he destroyed the ability to throw deep after he trades away Jason Peters and cuts Walker-Dockery and ends up with scrubs at both tackle positions.

So basically when this years team gets behind in a game and the opposing defense knows the Bills will need to throw to win... and they have no deep game, what then?

I have to say I think Wildrabit's and Albany's messages are realistic and forthcoming.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a big college football guy, any chance Gailey played against Brohm or had any exposure to him? I was just thinking if both guys were from the south maybe Gailey scout or tried to get him in college.

Gailey coached Georgia Tech for 6 seasons, from 2002-2007. During that time, GT never played against Louisville.

In 2008, Gailey was signed by the KC Chiefs to be their OC.

Brian Brohm played in Louisville for 4 seasons, from 2004-2007.

Scout.com and Rivals.com both list the following schools made a scholarship offer to Brohm:

Louisville, Illinois, Kentucky, Notre Dame and Tennessee.

Rivals also claims that Alabama and Purdue made Brohm an offer.

In 2008, Brohm was drafted in the second round by the Packers.

Is it possible Gailey had an interest in recruiting Brohm out of HS? Yes.

Is it probable? My guess would be no.

As for when Brohm was drafted, I could not say how much interest Gailey had in Brohm, if any, and whether or not he was allowed to supply any input for KC's draft.

I think that is about right. Part of him has to feel like giving Brohm a chance. He has more physical gifts than Edwards. And it sounds like has been making all the right throws. Trent has always looked a lot better in practice than in games. And I think the coaches know that.

good blog! I would like to see Brohm as the starter as I feel (at least I am satisfied) that we know for sure of what Fitzpatrick is capable of doing, and I believe I know what Edwards is capable of, but I don't feel that Edwards will deliver

what he is capable of achieving once he faces the slightest bit of adversity. One thing I do know for sure is that Brohm is the least experienced and I would feel like anything (both good or bad) is possible with Brohm. The sky is the limit, he's young, was drafted higher than the other 2 QB's and had a better College Football career than the other two QB's as well. So, even though I have a nasty feeling that C. Gailey will go with Edwards...I am looking at and wanting to see what the

darkhorse Brohm would be like as a starter. I agree with you that Trent always looks better in practice than in games, and he probably will look good until it starts raining, or gets a little cold, or plays an away game, or plays against a winning team, or he gets sacked a couple of times, plays a division foe, plays against the 3-4 Defense, nicks his finger or hand, gets a little windy, hails, is too sunny, get's a concussion, has jet lag, has a cold, has to go pee, didn't knock on wood, or gets yelled at by his coach...then it all caves in and we'll have the Trent of old !!!! I guess on second thought...I really can't stand Trent Edwards at all as our QB, I think he's a head case, and the minute the coaching staff begins to fight to keep their jobs he'll throw them under the bus like he did to Schonert 1st, then Van Pelt 2nd, and then his buddy Dick Jauron 3rd. Let's go BB (Buffalo Bills) & Let's go BB (Brian Brohm)!!!! ;)

Trent was remarkably effective? When? He has never been that, even in our 4-0 start he had average to below average games and they were against literally some of the worst teams and defenses in the NFL. He hasnt had a winning season at any point since high school, has thrown just once for 300 yards since high school (and it was in his 2nd to last year at Stanford), etc etc...so I just want to know what he has ever done where you could actually use the word remarkable with a straight face...

I was referring to the games in which the opposing defenses dropped into coverage instead of blitzing him so he actually had decent time to throw. Also, given the fact that Jauron and his band of clowns rarely put together a decent offensive game plan game plan... but in the few times they did, Edwards played well in those games.

Then again, you are also the same guy who argues that Joe Montana wasnt that good while admitting to barely seeing him play during his career.

Your just mad because you stated that you are a pillow biter and Montana rebuffed your advances!

I can make up stuff also... perhaps mine is a tad off the wall, but it has about the same amount of BS that you continue to write that I said, or in actuality what I NEVER said.

Considering the offensive limitations Edwards had to endure in the Jaron regime is it any wonder guys like you focus on just the QB.

Your boy Brohm will get his chance to prove he is better then Edwards this training camp

I've gotta say that the possibility that Brohm will be a better overall QB than either Trent or Fitz is what makes me root for him to excell. Hey, I'm a Bills fan and although this makes my friends kids mock me for being an idiot; I gotta root for the underdog. Its like I've been programmed to do so every friggin sunday in the fall for over 10 years.

Rationally (perhaps) I think I've seen what Trent and Fitzy can offer and think we need a change. I don't believe either would be a starter on another team - if so shouldn't someone have put out a trade offer??? O-line issues will be the same for whoever is out there, I'd be looking at who has the best peripheral vision, elusiveness, ability to absorb damage and ability to throw on the run as the skill priorities. ;)

Doc, maybe to need to reread what they wrote. It is "crystal clear" to me.

I read what they wrote. It's still an opinion on their (and your) parts until proven otherwise. At the end of the season, we can see who was "a realist" or not.

Considering the offensive limitations Edwards had to endure in the Jaron regime is it any wonder guys like you focus on just the QB.

Your boy Brohm will get his chance to prove he is better then Edwards this training camp

Lets look at your QB evaluation skills: Quotes by you:

Edwards when properly protected and given a decent game plan has shown to be remarkably effective and heads above the rest.

If Joe Montana had played for Detroit or the Cardinals in the 80's the guy would have become just another obscure has-been.

LMAO...only on this board can someone refer to Trent ever being remarkably effective at anything and also have the same person refer to Montana as someone that would have been a obscure has been on a bad team despite being drafted by a franchise that was the Clippers of their day and perennial losers who had just won a measly 2 games.

I've gotta say that the possibility that Brohm will be a better overall QB than either Trent or Fitz is what makes me root for him to excell. Hey, I'm a Bills fan and although this makes my friends kids mock me for being an idiot; I gotta root for the underdog. Its like I've been programmed to do so every friggin sunday in the fall for over 10 years.

Rationally (perhaps) I think I've seen what Trent and Fitzy can offer and think we need a change. I don't believe either would be a starter on another team - if so shouldn't someone have put out a trade offer??? O-line issues will be the same for whoever is out there, I'd be looking at who has the best peripheral vision, elusiveness, ability to absorb damage and ability to throw on the run as the skill priorities. :thumbsup:

That's like the lawyer grilling a witness in court saying something like "Is it possible that someone who looks just like my client did the crime? You didn't do a DNA test, did you?" Anything is possible. It's possible that Trent Edwards will lead this team to a Super Bowl Championship this year. The team is 0-0, so it's possible. I'd prefer probable to possible, and a proven track record to some imagined "upside". Theres's nothing to indicate that any other team in the league would start Brohm, or even consider him a candidate for the 2010 starting job. That right there tells you how bad the QB position is on our roster. Someday, we'll see a worthy successor to Jim Kelly and we will no longer have to pin our hopes on a small percentage possibility. I hope that day is within a season or two, but the probability is it is not this year.

As far as ability to absorb damage goes, the guy who has shown the most durability is without a doubt, Fitzpatrick. Brohm had 3 injuries in college & Edwards gets injured opening up the Buffalo News about every other Monday.

That's like the lawyer grilling a witness in court saying something like "Is it possible that someone who looks just like my client did the crime? You didn't do a DNA test, did you?" Anything is possible. It's possible that Trent Edwards will lead this team to a Super Bowl Championship this year. The team is 0-0, so it's possible. I'd prefer probable to possible, and a proven track record to some imagined "upside". Theres's nothing to indicate that any other team in the league would start Brohm, or even consider him a candidate for the 2010 starting job. That right there tells you how bad the QB position is on our roster. Someday, we'll see a worthy successor to Jim Kelly and we will no longer have to pin our hopes on a small percentage possibility. I hope that day is within a season or two, but the probability is it is not this year.

As far as ability to absorb damage goes, the guy who has shown the most durability is without a doubt, Fitzpatrick. Brohm had 3 injuries in college & Edwards gets injured opening up the Buffalo News about every other Monday.

The best anyone can say about Fitzpatrick is he's durable. Other than that, he won't win you games and has zero upside. There is no use in starting him this year. None whatsoever. The worst anyone can truly say about Brohm is he's unproven at the NFL level. Talking about how the Packers or the rest of the league handled him means nothing without actually seeing what he can do on the field. At worst the Bills still suck on offense. And then it will truly be a rebuilding year.

Is there really not a up to date thread discussing the fact that Brohm has potentially emerged as a strong possibility at starting QB?

Even Gailey suggested that he had made some giant strides. I still think Edwards is going to be #1 in this ridiculous pecking order Gailey has set up for training camp. But, I have a feeling that Brohm is going to start at least 10 games this season.

Yeah, the last 10.

The best anyone can say about Fitzpatrick is he's durable. Other than that, he won't win you games and has zero upside. There is no use in starting him this year. None whatsoever. The worst anyone can truly say about Brohm is he's unproven at the NFL level. Talking about how the Packers or the rest of the league handled him means nothing without actually seeing what he can do on the field. At worst the Bills still suck on offense. And then it will truly be a rebuilding year.

I wouldn't say Brohm is unproven, he started last year against Atlanta when Fitz and Edwards were injured. Now if I'm not mistaken Atlanta had one of the worst secondary's at the time and had some players injured.

17-29 -146 yards 2 INT's 2 sacks, the Bills lost 31-3

Needless to say with Fitz still nursing an injury they started him over Brohm in the next game, kinda says something to me.

I wouldn't say Brohm is unproven, he started last year against Atlanta when Fitz and Edwards were injured. Now if I'm not mistaken Atlanta had one of the worst secondary's at the time and had some players injured.

Needless to say with Fitz still nursing an injury they started him over Brohm in the next game, kinda says something to me.

i was at that game. the entire team sucked that day. Brohm had been on our roster for just over a month. i wouldnt use that game to judge anything.

LMAO...only you would use a single game to define a kids ability and completely IGNORE the very extreme circumstances he played under that I doubt there any QB in the NFL could have succeeded with in the exact same situation.

1. He was just acquired by our team and was still trying to learn a completely new system.

2. No NFL experience

3. A week to actually practice for the first time with a brand new time.

4. No timing of any kind with any player on the offense as he was brand new.

5. A decimated O Line...something you use for an excuse for Trent by the way.

6. Awful offensive game plan and terrible offensive coaching to prepare him to play in just one week...another excuse you use for Trent

The best part is that you make excuses for Trent being putrid based on a lot of the same things above, yet you dont do it for Brohm and just assume he is terrible because he was thrown into an impossible situation that just about any QB would have failed in.

Brohm was NO WHERE CLOSE to being ready to play for this team as he didnt even have the terrible system down yet. More importantly, the Team flat out said they had not intention of any kind of putting him on the field last year right wehn they acquired him...the only reason they did was because of injuries.

If you understood football you would understand that QB is the most complicated position of any sport to play and that you dont get ready to play (essentially as a rookie) in one week of practicing with the team, especially when you have never played a game in the NFL...

Not to mention the new HC was literally auditioning to keep the job, so he is going to put the guy out there more ready to play which isnt the guy who doesnt know the system, has no NFL experience, and has barely even practiced with the team.

i was at that game. the entire team sucked that day. Brohm had been on our roster for just over a month. i wouldnt use that game to judge anything.

Also Brohm had been here for a month and didn't look any worse than the guys who had been here all season. He wasn't good but he wasn't a disaster either.

yea well, the point is clearly the coaches wanted to see what he could do given the opportunity since Edwards and Fitz were both injured.

Brohm wasn't exactly horrible, but he did look like someone who needed much more time to develop, hence the reason the Bills started Fitz who was still nursing an injury.

Everybody seems to be gushing about how much better Brohm is over both Edwards and Fitz, I didn't see it last year and I still don't see it.

yea well, the point is clearly the coaches wanted to see what he could do given the opportunity since Edwards and Fitz were both injured.

Brohm wasn't exactly horrible, but he did look like someone who needed much more time to develop, hence the reason the Bills started Fitz who was still nursing an injury.

Everybody seems to be gushing about how much better Brohm is over both Edwards and Fitz, I didn't see it last year and I still don't see it.

That Gailey said he's catching-up, if not caught-up, to the other 2 should tell you something.

That Gailey said he's catching-up, if not caught-up, to the other 2 should tell you something.

Obviously, you didn't get the memo sent to you stating that Edwards is going to be the starting qb. I just wanted to remind you so you don't look silly when it happens. :thumbsup: LOL