Vick Possibly In HOT Water Again

H2o

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but I don't see why this would be bad news for Vick.

Mike's having a party, and someone who he's not allowed to be hanging out with shows up. Vick tries to get him to leave, someone else shoots the guy....I don't see what Vick did wrong. Can someone enlighten me?

Mike's having a party, and someone who he's not allowed to be hanging out with shows up. Vick tries to get him to leave, someone else shoots the guy....I don't see what Vick did wrong. Can someone enlighten me?

It's called guilty by association. Since his suspension he is on double secret probation with the NFL.

I think the OP and many others are reading way too much into this article. I'm no Vick apologist but the story falls far short of implicating Vick as the shooter. That being said, Vick is on a short leash with the Commissioner and he really needed to be celebrating his birthday is some manner other than a bash at a club. When you're a person of Vick's stature/exposure, common sense would say that nothing good is likely to come of such a party.

"According to Daily Press reporter David Squires, Phillips showed up to the party even though Vick is not supposed to be associating with any of his dog fighting co-defendants." This is what will get Vick in trouble in the very least.

Witnesses will say he did nothing wrong and was not there when Phillips showed up, just like the lawyer said. You can always count on the word of a lawyer.

I think the OP and many others are reading way too much into this article. I'm no Vick apologist but the story falls far short of implicating Vick as the shooter. That being said, Vick is on a short leash with the Commissioner and he really needed to be celebrating his birthday is some manner other than a bash at a club. When you're a person of Vick's stature/exposure, common sense would say that nothing good is likely to come of such a party.

I don't think anyone thinks Vick did the shooting. Vick put himself in a position to land in trouble, and he has more than likely landed there, as you said. Totally agree there.

Past actions tell us that Vick has no common sense, so that is why the party commenced.

I think the OP and many others are reading way too much into this article. I'm no Vick apologist but the story falls far short of implicating Vick as the shooter.

I don't think people are saying he is the shooter. At least that isn't what was I was thinking. I was thinking Vick was with bad people he wasn't supposed to be talking to and he was around a shooting, which to me is pretty serious. They went after big ben for being around underage drinking.

In the adult world, these things are not hard to avoid. Especially the shooting part.

Nothing important to add here, well said, just wanted to tell you that i LOVE your avatar, love red-heads.

(watch it!)

If you're out of prison with time hanging over your head, if you're on a short leash with the NFL Commissioner, if you're just now climbing out of bankruptcy, and if you're still trying to land a starting gig in the NFL at some point WHY EVEN HAVE A PARTY WHERE SOMETHING LIKE THIS COULD HAPPEN? It is foolish and he may have just cost himself more than just some "bad press".

If you're out of prison with time hanging over your head, if you're on a short leash with the NFL Commissioner, if you're just now climbing out of bankruptcy, and if you're still trying to land a starting gig in the NFL at some point WHY EVEN HAVE A PARTY WHERE SOMETHING LIKE THIS COULD HAPPEN? It is foolish and he may have just cost himself more than just some "bad press".

Well said.

Mike's problem is that in Goodell's society, an uninvited guest gets kindly asked to leave. In Vick's society, that mofo gets shot. Even if Vick didn't pull the trigger, I doubt King Roger will show much sympathy and understanding.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...tion-with-vick/

Will this guy ever learn?

edit: This just may bring down the hammer from Goodell. Vick may have just kissed his NFL career goodbye.

Hold on here...none of this at all implicates Vick in anything. I dont even like the guy but this is stretching unknown info to lynch the guy.

1. He is NOT supposed to be associating with people from the case and then this bozo shows up at his party. I would flip out on the dude and tell him to get the F out of there too because he is messing with my life.

2. He at this point is not being reported to have even been at the shooting or involved in the shooting.

So, at this point, Vick has done nothing wrong or anything punishable by Goodel. So until something else comes out linking him to the actual shooting, he really hasnt done a single thing to warrant punishment.