Maybe Chan is the right coach

I just like many of you on this board was hoping against hope than we would get Cowher as HC. But the more I listen to Gailey the more I like the guy. Just a gut feeling because we haven't played any games yet but I feel that maybe we got a guy that knows what he is doing on offense.

When Buddy hired him I was like oh hell no.... but after watching his pressers on the Bills website he seems like in complete control...never did I get this feeling when Jauron was in town. Seems like Jauron was happy to play not to lose, while Chan is more old school in his ways about football which is refreshing.

Very interested in seeing what training camp is going to be like this year. That will tell volumes to me. If they actually have a REAL training camp for once I will start to believe we are going in the right direction.

I don't think this team is going to be as bad as people think. Chan is an upgrade on the offensive side coaching wise and we have lots of talent on D in the secondary. If DC Edwards can find a way to stop the run with the players we have a chance to be decent. Maybe not playoffs this year but they go 7-9 or 8-8 and show improvement as the season wears on I could live with that.

GO BILLS

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I concur, though saying Chan is an offensive upgrade doesn't say a whole lot. Jauron's only commitment to the offense was to order it not to score quickly. DJ's gameplans, OC's(& lack thereof) and O-coaches confirm this tragedy.

Rarely stated here is how highly Cowher valued Chan. I'm pretty sure he recommended Gailey as well as saying Chan would be high on his list as OC when he returns to coach.

I concur, though saying Chan is an offensive upgrade doesn't say a whole lot. Jauron's only commitment to the offense was to order it not to score quickly. DJ's gameplans, OC's(& lack thereof) and O-coaches confirm this tragedy.

Rarely stated here is how highly Cowher valued Chan. I'm pretty sure he recommended Gailey as well as saying Chan would be high on his list as OC when he returns to coach.

I think it does say alot that Chan is an upgrade as OC. If we had any sort of offensive coaching we win a couple of more games with the team we had last year even.

He (Cowher) did endorse Chan to Buddy when he turned down the job.

I just like many of you on this board was hoping against hope than we would get Cowher as HC. But the more I listen to Gailey the more I like the guy. Just a gut feeling because we haven't played any games yet but I feel that maybe we got a guy that knows what he is doing on offense.

When Buddy hired him I was like oh hell no.... but after watching his pressers on the Bills website he seems like in complete control...never did I get this feeling when Jauron was in town. Seems like Jauron was happy to play not to lose, while Chan is more old school in his ways about football which is refreshing.

Very interested in seeing what training camp is going to be like this year. That will tell volumes to me. If they actually have a REAL training camp for once I will start to believe we are going in the right direction.

I don't think this team is going to be as bad as people think. Chan is an upgrade on the offensive side coaching wise and we have lots of talent on D in the secondary. If DC Edwards can find a way to stop the run with the players we have a chance to be decent. Maybe not playoffs this year but they go 7-9 or 8-8 and show improvement as the season wears on I could live with that.

GO BILLS

What else can we do but hope Chan is the answer?

Despite all the stupid comments about age and redneck accents, Nix and Gailey are real football guys. They know what they are doing. Yes, even more than some of the junior GM's here! Folks who think the Bills are winning one game in 2010 (Johnny Playfair, are your ears ringing?) don't know what they are talking about. If an injury-riddled Bills team coached by Jauron/Fewell can win 6 games, this team can win 8-9 with Gailey running the show.

PTR

Does Chan know when to call timeout? Does he know when to throw the challenge flag? Does he know when to go for it on 4th and when to punt? Can he motivate his players on a week to week basis? Can he and his staff make the proper halftime adjustments?

I HAVE NO FREAKIN' CLUE, AND NEITHER DO YOU.

Let's wait until the games start people...

Does Chan know when to call timeout? Does he know when to throw the challenge flag? Does he know when to go for it on 4th and when to punt? Can he motivate his players on a week to week basis? Can he and his staff make the proper halftime adjustments?

Of course we do. This isn't his first head coaching job.

PTR

Do you know when to call TO,toss the challenge flag and when to go for it on 4th down?

I'm guessing you do, just as most football fans do.

Just because Dick Jauron didn't as a 2X NFL HC, doesn't mean everyone else is questionable. Way before the opening KO this year, I have clues that Gailey is better than Jauron.

GO BILLS

I agree. Gailey did wonders with Fielder, Thigpen, Tomczak & Thigpen, so hopefully he can do the same with one of the three QB's on the Bills roster. I think the Bills can get 8 or 9 wins this year. I'd love to see playoffs, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Of course we do. This isn't his first head coaching job.

PTR

Don't go there. Did you watch Georgia Tech during the Gailey era? It wasn't a pretty sight. I'm cautiously optimistic that he's the right guy, but let's not annoint him just yet, as much as you love guzzling the Kool Aid, PTR.

Don't go there. Did you watch Georgia Tech during the Gailey era? It wasn't a pretty sight. I'm cautiously optimistic that he's the right guy, but let's not annoint him just yet, as much as you love guzzling the Kool Aid, PTR.

College vs NFL coaching is apples and bananas. I think folks like Pete Carrol, Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, Barry Switzer, etc have proven that. I'm going by Gaily's rep at Dallas, or did you forget he was the coach of the Cowboys?

PTR

Kool aid guzzling is all we have this time of year. Since most Bills fans are completely desensitized to the feeling of disappointment, optimism has little down side.

College vs NFL coaching is apples and bananas. I think folks like Pete Carrol, Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, Barry Switzer, etc have proven that. I'm going by Gaily's rep at Dallas, or did you forget he was the coach of the Cowboys?

PTR

Bad logic. Because some great college coaches flame out in the NFL, you take that to mean that a mediocre (at best) college coach will be successful in the NFL. A classic logical fallacy, my friend.

Gailey's "rep at Dallas" was uneven, despite the Jerry Jones quote you love to cite. Yes his teams made it to the postseason - but they were also boring and, at times, unprepared in key situations.