A few more reasons for optimism

folz

Just a few notes to keep the optimism flowing :censored: ...

Gailey actually prepares a plan B and C (unlike Jauron and Co.), ready to overcome the worst case

scenario instead of only hoping for the best:

On K. Mitchell calling defensive plays:

“Those guys have been in the fire so to speak, so you would like for those guys to be able to handle it as much as possible,” said Gailey. “Those veteran guys will end up getting the majority of that kind of responsibility on our football team. That’s what you want. You want your veterans to be able to do that. And in this day in age you never know when injuries are going to hit. You’re trying to make sure that we have as many people that can handle that duty as possible.”

Coaches expect players to execute better (unlike, well, you know):

"...the 11-on-11 segment had some spotty execution. So much so that offensive coordinator Curtis Modkins pulled the entire offense in for a huddle."

A Coach with confidence?

“You better have confidence in this business,” he said. ”If you don’t have confidence in this business you’re going to lose in a hurry. We have confidence that our system will put guys in position to make plays. You’ve still got to go make them, but I think we’re going to have guys that have some talent. We’ve got to make sure that they get the opportunity to go be special on the field and that’s what we’re working on. You try to have confidence without being cocky.” Chan Gailey

And for all those who say we have no talent, how is our secondary looking? We may still have some big holes and

question marks at important positions, but I bet there are a lot of teams who envy our offensive and defensive

backfields (RBs, CBs, Ss). And I'm starting to get excited about our young WRs too.

Kyle Williams. I've never understood the fans who don't think he's good. From day one

that kid has been a player and that's all we've heard from both coaching staffs he's worked with, things

like "now that's a football player". 66 tackles last year. In the radio interview (link below) he talks a bit

about the switch and some of the things the D will do. I think he'll be just fine in the middle. It's hard not

to root for him, he just seems like a funny, down to Earth kind of guy:

http://rope.wgrf-fm.fimc.net/Norton_Interv...iams_062210.mp3

And Eric Wood is back, did you see Gailey light up in the interview talking about him.

Keep the hope alive...Go Bills!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few notes to keep the optimism flowing :censored: ...

Gailey actually prepares a plan B and C (unlike Jauron and Co.), ready to overcome the worst case

“Those guys have been in the fire so to speak, so you would like for those guys to be able to handle it as much as possible,” said Gailey. “Those veteran guys will end up getting the majority of that kind of responsibility on our football team. That’s what you want. You want your veterans to be able to do that. And in this day in age you never know when injuries are going to hit. You’re trying to make sure that we have as many people that can handle that duty as possible.”

"...the 11-on-11 segment had some spotty execution. So much so that offensive coordinator Curtis Modkins pulled the entire offense in for a huddle."

A Coach with confidence?

“You better have confidence in this business,” he said. ”If you don’t have confidence in this business you’re going to lose in a hurry. We have confidence that our system will put guys in position to make plays. You’ve still got to go make them, but I think we’re going to have guys that have some talent. We’ve got to make sure that they get the opportunity to go be special on the field and that’s what we’re working on. You try to have confidence without being cocky.” Chan Gailey

And for all those who say we have no talent, how is our secondary looking? We may still have some big holes and

question marks at important positions, but I bet there are a lot of teams who envy our offensive and defensive

backfields (RBs, CBs, Ss). And I'm starting to get excited about our young WRs too.

Kyle Williams. I've never understood the fans who don't think he's good. From day one

that kid has been a player and that's all we've heard from both coaching staffs he's worked with, things

like "now that's a football player". 66 tackles last year. In the radio interview (link below) he talks a bit

about the switch and some of the things the D will do. I think he'll be just fine in the middle. It's hard not

And Eric Wood is back, did you see Gailey light up in the interview talking about him.

We may not live up to some peoples expectations, and i'm sure we will surpass a lot of peoples' as well. But we have a great young nucleus of talent. I don't care if people piss their panties about us possibly not making the playoffs this year. Maybe we won't!

But if we don't make the playoffs, at least we will know we are giving our younger guys valuable xp which will take us farther and farther for years to come.

I Friggin luv Nix and Chan's outlook on how a team should be. They are on the Same page and I like that a lot. It's really good to see how fans here are seeing and understanding what it really takes to bring a successfull team together.

And if you are a pessimistic bastard, then do tell, from your personal playing experience, what about your playing days has given you a bastardized/pessimistic view of how a team is built?

Go Bills!!!

Anything is possible, what we have is a good group of young talented guys, and I believe that chans system will be predicated on misdirection and timing, which will allow our playmakers (spiller, evans, fred, and Easley--the sleeper) to be in adventagous positions.

I'm guessing here, but I think the Offense may be similar to the 99 rams with a bit more run game mixed in. If that is the case, it means the Qb has to be willing to trust and lead his the WR's so they can get more YAC. I think Easley is the big sleeper/key here if he can step up as a rookie that will help alot.

IDK, like I said, I'm just guessing, but I have very high hopes for us to drastically improve this year.

i have high hopes talking rhesus monkeys will drive a winnebago made of swiss cheese out of my rear end

i have high hopes that lindsey lohan and britney spears will make me the hot salami in a slut sandwich

i have high hopes elvis and jim morrison will come to me in a ghostly visage with winning powerball numbers

four wins

Just a few notes to keep the optimism flowing 0:) ...

A Coach with confidence?

Hands down best player on the team IMO.

We may not live up to some peoples expectations, and i'm sure we will surpass a lot of peoples' as well. But we have a great young nucleus of talent. I don't care if people piss their panties about us possibly not making the playoffs this year. Maybe we won't!

But if we don't make the playoffs, at least we will know we are giving our younger guys valuable xp which will take us farther and farther for years to come.

I Friggin luv Nix and Chan's outlook on how a team should be. They are on the Same page and I like that a lot. It's really good to see how fans here are seeing and understanding what it really takes to bring a successfull team together.

And if you are a pessimistic bastard, then do tell, from your personal playing experience, what about your playing days has given you a bastardized/pessimistic view of how a team is built?

Go Bills!!!

I agree. I don't think we will make the playoffs, but 8-8, or 9-7 is considered a good season. If we go higher, then that will be remarkable. That's not a bad thing we don't make the playoffs. The reasoning is the fajets were lucky in my opinion and will be a one-two year wonder and crumble. The pats are fading away and will be broken up within the next two years, and the fins well f&^k them too. I see the Bills really hitting the playoffs in the next two years and becoming a power house like the old days. I billieve as well!!!! GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!1

i have high hopes talking rhesus monkeys will drive a winnebago made of swiss cheese out of my rear end

i have high hopes that lindsey lohan and britney spears will make me the hot salami in a slut sandwich

i have high hopes elvis and jim morrison will come to me in a ghostly visage with winning powerball numbers

four wins

Awesome post.

And I love the Avatar.

four wins

Dude, luv the 'tude.

for the past seasons the Buffalo Bills have won 7 games with a coach who had no respect in the locker room. i have never seen anyone player look excited like they do now.

10-6 afc east champs

Coach of the year

comeback player of the year (wood)

Offensive roty (spiller)

0:)

Sounds a lot better than "it's hard to win in the NFL." Hopefully Gailey will bring a change in culture to the team.

You know ... this may be the most relevant and important piece to the puzzle. Rex Ryan, among other things, brought a huge change of culture to the Jets. How nice would/will it be to see Bills players/coaches sound confident, yet realistic? Gailey's obviously more tempered than Ryan, and that's cool. But you can sense a different tone, even at OTAs. I'm very optimistic about them this year. Playoffs would surprise the hell out of me, but it's not an impossibility. Go Bills!

four wins

Awesome post.

And I love the Avatar.

Dude, luv the 'tude.

Really, are posts like these necessary for anyone but TROLLS?

Someone is optomistic, but you're pessimistic, so you feel a need to piss in their corn flakes? WTF is up with that?

Either grow up or go back to patsfan.cheat, whichever applies.

Go Bills!!!

Honestly, I only expect 1 win...over KC. Anything above that, I think, is really a pipe dream.

But the idea is to get the foundation in place over the next 3 years. So really any improvements will be seen as a positive.

People who have even the faintest of thoughts of playoffs....you need to get the hell off the board and get checked into a mental institution.

Honestly, I only expect 1 win...over KC. Anything above that, I think, is really a pipe dream.

But the idea is to get the foundation in place over the next 3 years. So really any improvements will be seen as a positive.

People who have even the faintest of thoughts of playoffs....you need to get the hell off the board and get checked into a mental institution.

The same could be said for you only predicting one win. As stated before the team has not gotten any worse since last year, so why are we now so bad to only pull off one win?

Personally I think playoffs are a stretch, but I'd like to see the Bills pull around .500.