A few more reasons for optimism

folz

The same could be said for you only predicting one win. As stated before the team has not gotten any worse since last year, so why are we now so bad to only pull off one win?

Personally I think playoffs are a stretch, but I'd like to see the Bills pull around .500.

Agree 100%. And that is one hell of a moustache. Definite 1st ballot HOF (Tom Selleck, Burt Reynolds, and Rollie Fingers are part of the class).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I only expect 1 win...over KC. Anything above that, I think, is really a pipe dream.

But the idea is to get the foundation in place over the next 3 years. So really any improvements will be seen as a positive.

People who have even the faintest of thoughts of playoffs....you need to get the hell off the board and get checked into a mental institution.

I like to spend my dead time at work bitching about how much a football team is going to suck. I get no joy out of discussing the potential of new players and coaches, and the good that could be.

I don't like to provide any original or interesting analysis, Instead it makes me feel good to piss and moan about how much everything will suck and predict the worst. My life is so lame that a football team's fate has a dire effect on my day to day happiness. For that reason I have to diminish all expectation so as to handle a potential let down.

Pilsner, that was quite a confrontational post. I am not here to piss on your wheaties. However, I do feel compelled to respond in a professional manner to your post . The end of your post you talked about building a winning franchise/team. IMO, two critical elements of a wining team is their offensive line and QB. IMO, the Bills have failed to address this situation. I do not think our team can win against the top tier teams until this situation gets addressed and resolved.

Weak OL + Weak QB = Mediocrity

To Rob's House, I guess everyone here is supposed to be happy go lucky and share your optimistic viewpoints on the Bills. Otherwise, you feel compelled to be sarcastic and attack them. Well, let me tell you many fans here don't agree with your viewpoints and opinions. I happen to be one of them.

Johnny was a bit harsh with his comments but his underlining theme was "spot on."

Have you optimistic fans ever thought that some fans are sick and tired of you pumping up this team year after year? (with the same crappy results) It cuts both ways... What you guys are saying now is not new! I was saying the same stuff when the other regimes can marching in...I will always cheer for my team and support my team but that doesn't mean I cannot negatively comment on my teams progress or lack of progress. I believe a fan has a right to express their viewpoints regardless of what spectrum they fall into.

This board is here for everyone to express their opinions. My favorite line in the movie A Few Good Men "You can't handle the truth".....

Pilsner, that was quite a confrontational post. I am not here to piss on your wheaties. However, I do feel compelled to respond in a professional manner to your post . The end of your post you talked about building a winning franchise/team. IMO, two critical elements of a wining team is their offensive line and QB. IMO, the Bills have failed to address this situation. I do not think our team can win against the top tier teams until this situation gets addressed and resolved.

Weak OL + Weak QB = Mediocrity

With Wood expected to be back to form by week 1, I'm not so sure the line will be weak. LT now appears to be the only glaring weakness, but Bell may show improvement, and if the rest of the line is strong they can roll some help his way. It might not be as grim as it appeared a couple months ago.

With Wood expected to be back to form by week 1, I'm not so sure the line will be weak. LT now appears to be the only glaring weakness, but Bell may show improvement, and if the rest of the line is strong they can roll some help his way. It might not be as grim as it appeared a couple months ago.

Do you really think we are adequate at RT? Do you really think Hartgardner is good?

I think we are very weak at RT and just OK at center? I really like Wood and Levitre.

Rob, however you spin it this OL is a weakness of this team. I don't think many would agrue that its not. Your argument is its not as bad as you think....I am not ok with that.

I Friggin luv Nix and Chan's outlook on how a team should be. They are on the Same page and I like that a lot. It's really good to see how fans here are seeing and understanding what it really takes to bring a successfull team together.

Go Bills!!!

cheers, beerman ! kudos to the OP as well.

CLEARLY, for these ole boyz this is NOT their first rodeo.

while it is possible to see experienced, yet clueless personnel... this guyz really seem to show that they have learned from everything they've seen, and they've both worked with some of the best.

a neat side benefit for us fans is that both halves of the CHIX entity can actually talk. they even sound like they billieve in SOMEthing, and yeh, like they know what they're talking about. yup, we're kyna rebuilding. but things might get very interesting even now.

~AS

To Rob's House, I guess everyone here is supposed to be happy go lucky and share your optimistic viewpoints on the Bills. Otherwise, you feel compelled to be sarcastic and attack them. Well, let me tell you many fans here don't agree with your viewpoints and opinions. I happen to be one of them.

Johnny was a bit harsh with his comments but his underlining theme was "spot on."

Have you optimistic fans ever thought that some fans are sick and tired of you pumping up this team year after year? (with the same crappy results) It cuts both ways... What you guys are saying now is not new! I was saying the same stuff when the other regimes can marching in...I will always cheer for my team and support my team but that doesn't mean I cannot negatively comment on my teams progress or lack of progress. I believe a fan has a right to express their viewpoints regardless of what spectrum they fall into.

This board is here for everyone to express their opinions. My favorite line in the movie A Few Good Men "You can't handle the truth".....

I'm pretty sure Rob was taking exception to Johnny's telling the optimists to get the hell off the board...that sort of antic goes directly against the bolded comment you made.

Do you really think we are adequate at RT? Do you really think Hartgardner is good?

I think we are very weak at RT and just OK at center? I really like Wood and Levitre.

Rob, however you spin it this OL is a weakness of this team. I don't think many would agrue that its not. Your argument is its not as bad as you think....I am not ok with that.

With the exception of penalties, Cornell Green is not a "very weak" RT; he is an average RT. Here's a link to the analysis I did based off of the OT numbers at PFF:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1888838

See? Average...certainly better than the combined efforts of Kirk Chambers, Jonathan Scott, and Jamon Meredith last season.

As far as guys like Wood and Levitre go, they're unlikely to regress in their 2nd seasons, and both show signs of being capable NFL guards, so there's plenty of reason for optimism there. Hangartner is a guy I'm not thrilled with, so I agree there, but then again, couldn't improved play from the young guards help his performance?

While OL is a weakness, I think the bigger issue is QB...but that's a whole other debate unto itself.

I certainly don't think the line is a strength, but yes, I do think it could be adequate.

I expect Levitre and Wood to be strong. Hangartner isn't great, but he's ok and brings a lot as far as the mental aspect goes.

Further, between Green and Meredith I expect one to be adequate at RT, leaving LT the only truly weak position, and given his athletecism and now having had some experience, yes I think it's possible that Bell could be ok also.

Again, do I think the line will be good: No. Do I think it will be adequate and much better than last year: Yes.

Do I care if you're ok with that: No.

I certainly don't think the line is a strength, but yes, I do think it could be adequate.

I expect Levitre and Wood to be strong. Hangartner isn't great, but he's ok and brings a lot as far as the mental aspect goes.

Further, between Green and Meredith I expect one to be adequate at RT, leaving LT the only truly weak position, and given his athletecism and now having had some experience, yes I think it's possible that Bell could be ok also.

Again, do I think the line will be good: No. Do I think it will be adequate and much better than last year: Yes.

Do I care if you're ok with that: No.

Well Rob I can tell your OK with an adequate line and I think your viewpoint is the best case assessment. Best case scenarios usually don't happen. You said it yourself "dummy" "the OL will not be good." Who cares if it's better than last year. Think before you speak. You sound really silly. I will help you "see the light."

You make little sense and your looking like a fool.....

Well Rob I can tell your OK with an adequate line and I think your viewpoint is the best case assessment. Best case scenarios usually don't happen. You said it yourself "dummy" "the OL will not be good." Who cares if it's better than last year. Think before you speak. You sound really silly. I will help you "see the light."

You make little sense and your looking like a fool.....

Thank you for the semicoherent attempt at a retort, troll.

Thank you for the semicoherent attempt at a retort, troll.

I have been waiting for your reply and that's the best you can do? What a sad response from a uneducated Bills fans who is satisfied with a better than last years offensive line...

I have been waiting for your reply and that's the best you can do? What a sad response from a uneducated Bills fans who is satisfied with a better than last years offensive line...

Response to what? You didn't say anything other than that you're not ok with an adequate line as though there's anything you can do other than come on this board and bleed like a pusssy about it.

A lot of people aren't thrilled about the line. I'm not thrilled about the line. But no one wants to hear some dickless troll whine about it all day.

Response to what? You didn't say anything other than that you're not ok with an adequate line as though there's anything you can do other than come on this board and bleed like a pusssy about it.

A lot of people aren't thrilled about the line. I'm not thrilled about the line. But no one wants to hear some dickless troll whine about it all day.

I am not whinning about the line. I just pointing out how stupid you are for saying the line is better than last years....I suppose you are going to say our QBs are better than last years, the DL is better than years, ETC

Its like saying that piece of shi t doesn't smell as bad as my last piece of shi t....

Think before you post and attack.

You are not as smart as you think!

I am done wasting my time on a dumb uneducated football anti troll like you.

Do me a favor and block me and don't even bother responding back.

I am not whinning about the line. I just pointing out how stupid you are for saying the line is better than last years....I suppose you are going to say our QBs are better than last years, the DL is better than years, ETC

Its like saying that piece of shi t doesn't smell as bad as my last piece of shi t....

Think before you post and attack.

You are not as smart as you think!

I am done wasting my time on a dumb uneducated football anti troll like you.

Do me a favor and block me and don't even bother responding back.

You don't have to cry about it.

Back to the original point of the thread. Sorry, I got side tracked by some uneducated and arrogant fan.

Special Teams - I like having Bruce D back. Moorman one of the best, Lindell is solid, and we have a slew of excellent return guys. Should be a strong point of our team.

Secondary - very good to excellent. Very deep and talented. Dick J did at least one thing good. Hope JB can keep getting int's like last year.

Running backs - Three headed monster very excited to see how all three can contribute and be content. Lynch a BIG question mark.

Coaching - I am excited to see how successful Gailey can be with his limited offensive tools. Glad to see Dick go, it was a long time coming. It will be a sight to see a coach showing some emotion on the sidelines.