How Would You Feel If a Bill Pulled a Steve Smith ... Breaking his Arm

Steve Smith broke his arm playing flag football.

How would you feel if a Buffalo Bill did the same thing?

I can't decide if this is stupid ... what's he doing playing flag football? ... or great ... I love it that he's playing football in his spare time, too, he must really love the game.

What do you think?

Steve Smith broke his arm playing flag football.

How would you feel if a Buffalo Bill did the same thing?

I can't decide if this is stupid ... what's he doing playing flag football? ... or great ... I love it that he's playing football in his spare time, too, he must really love the game.

What do you think?

It's not really stupid, unless you play with unnecessary recklessness. I mean, flag football isn't meant to be a contact sport, so how is it any different from other cross-training activities like running, lifting or basketball that players are encouraged to do in the offseason?

I think it's important to add that he was playing flag football at the steve smith football camp for kids.

to me that changes everything. If he's just goofing around in his free time and breaks his arm playing flag football with some cronies down the block, yeah, i'm a little upset.

if it's something he does for the community, i'm not upset, it's just unfortunate.

It's not really stupid, unless you play with unnecessary recklessness. I mean, flag football isn't meant to be a contact sport, so how is it any different from other cross-training activities like running, lifting or basketball that players are encouraged to do in the offseason?

It might not be meant to be a contact sport but I have played in many flag football leagues where there is a ton of contact I used to play in 1 that had a rule that if you lower your head its free game to tackle there were many college and ex pros in that league.

I like to see that hes playing all season like that shows that he has a love for the game unlike many other people that just seem to want that check

This isn't like Ben R. riding a motorcycle with no helmet ... that was stupid. We can't expect players to sit in a padded cell, wrapped in bubble wrap all off-season, in order to avoid getting hurt. If a player does something where getting hurt was probable, I'd be upset. But Steve Smith did nothing wrong. Just bad luck.

I think it's important to add that he was playing flag football at the steve smith football camp for kids.

to me that changes everything. If he's just goofing around in his free time and breaks his arm playing flag football with some cronies down the block, yeah, i'm a little upset.

if it's something he does for the community, i'm not upset, it's just unfortunate.

Yeah as this guy said, Steve wasnt just doing it for fun it was his charity he does every offseason with young children. Even with that to it didnt need to be contact related it coulda been a freak injury like tripping and falling wrong

I live near Steve Smith and let me tell you he is the biggest jerk and ego in the NFL. He got what he deserves. As far as a Bill getting injured, injuries happen so often for us it wouldn't even surprise me.

So this guy is playing flag football at HIS camp for kids, and he deserves a broken arm? Just because of an ego? Man, Jim Kelly deserved to be in a body cast with that logic!!

So this guy is playing flag football at HIS camp for kids, and he deserves a broken arm? Just because of an ego? Man, Jim Kelly deserved to be in a body cast with that logic!!

Was actually in a recreational, over 30 league, in which he signed up under a false name and after losing the first game pressured teammates to join.

he then lied and said it was at his youth camp.

big difference, big time jerk.

Was actually in a recreational, over 30 league, in which he signed up under a false name and after losing the first game pressured teammates to join.

he then lied and said it was at his youth camp.

big difference, big time jerk.

That's what I heard. It's all fun and games until someone breaks an arm. At which point it becomes stupid. IIRC, the Panthers can place him on the reserve/non-football injury list and he won't get paid for the time he misses.

First I would blame Ralph for being cheap. Then I would say this is why we haven't made the playoffs in ten years. Then I would blame Obama.

PTR

:thumbsup:

I'd like to know what Obama doesn't get blamed for.

I think a lot of this is moot because he'll be ready for the season - he's only supposed to miss the first few days (week?) of training camp, but as long as he's there with his teammates, it wouldn't bother me at all.

:thumbsup:

I'd like to know what Obama doesn't get blamed for.

I think a lot of this is moot because he'll be ready for the season - he's only supposed to miss the first few days (week?) of training camp, but as long as he's there with his teammates, it wouldn't bother me at all.

Obama does not get blamed for keeping his promises, or bringing fiscal responsibility to Washington, as he hasn't.

I would be upset if Poz broke his arm in flag football...

Steve Smith is an athlete- and athletes play sports during the offseason. I would rather a Bill played basketball, flag football, softball, etc in the offseason then be sedentary or be running over pedestrians stealing $20 bills. That's just me. People that want perfect safety don't have the balls to live in the real world- Sally Ride

Steve Smith is an athlete- and athletes play sports during the offseason. I would rather a Bill played basketball, flag football, softball, etc in the offseason then be sedentary or be running over pedestrians stealing $20 bills. That's just me. People that want perfect safety don't have the balls to live in the real world- Sally Ride

Could you imagine lining up to cover a WR in flag football after a long day at the office and seeing Steve Smith across the LOS?

We're talking 20-30 yard cushion right?

Could you imagine lining up to cover a WR in flag football after a long day at the office and seeing Steve Smith across the LOS?

We're talking 20-30 yard cushion right?

one of the posters here lives in Florida and plays flag football with Anquan Boldin and a few other big time NFL players. He said they go easy against most everyone, but go all out when they play against each other. I think the poster was Dazed and Confused. I cannot imagine trying to cover Steve Smith. It is my opinion that the toughest thing to do in sports is cover a top WR one on one