Why Lynch Missed Today

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, when I have a good reason to miss a day of work, I don't usually take the previous week off without telling anyone why.

But ultimately, I don't care about Marshawn's petty crimes or slacker attitude. I care if he's a guy who can add something to the Bills' offense. I think he's the 3rd best RB on the roster, and it sounds like Gailey thinks so too. I'll change my mind when he does something to change it.

Are you people serious??? Find something better to do than nit pick at a guy that hasn't done a thing wrong in a long time.

1. Voluntary practices are indeed "voluntary". If they're not, then the team needs to change it's name to mandatory.

2. Yes, weddings do start on friday if you're a groomsman. It's called a rehearsal dinner.

I think it's best if people stopped looking for reasons to run a guy out of town. Especially one of this team's only true star players. Let it go Bills fans.

Jeeez! throw hissy fits much?

Of course, when I have a good reason to miss a day of work, I don't usually take the previous week off without telling anyone why.

But ultimately, I don't care about Marshawn's petty crimes or slacker attitude. I care if he's a guy who can add something to the Bills' offense. I think he's the 3rd best RB on the roster, and it sounds like Gailey thinks so too. I'll change my mind when he does something to change it.

Once again, it is VOLUNTARY practice. So it technically isn't work.

Since Spiller isn't an every down back, I'd say Marshawn is actually the best back on the team. Freddy is great and will start, but Marshawn has more natural talent and ability.

Truth is, the Bills need Marshawn. Which is why it's insane that everyone wants to drive him out of town. How many TRAINING CAMPS did Bruce Smith report late to?

To paraphrase AI. Practice is overrated. Voluntary OTAs even more so.

A guy misses a voluntary practice to be in a best man in a wedding and "fans" insult him. Stay classy. :thumbsup:

Seriously, can everyone just calm the hell down? It's unbelievable the extent to which this guy is being criticized. I'm not defending his past actions, but this has become ridiculous. We're just missing the thread critiquing the number of bathroom breaks he takes or his choice to waste time with three shakes when two will do just fine. The season can't start soon enough.

your blind stinkin homerism makes me want to :thumbsup: . Open your eyes.

<_<

You're right. It's much more rationally to blindly insult people for missing a voluntary practice without knowing the full reason. I pity you if you honestly believe that is the way people should think.

Seriously, can everyone just calm the hell down? It's unbelievable the extent to which this guy is being criticized. I'm not defending his past actions, but this has become ridiculous. We're just missing the thread critiquing the number of bathroom breaks he takes or his choice to waste time with three shakes when two will do just fine. The season can't start soon enough.

Stop being rational. You must overreact!!!

:thumbsup:

You're right. It's much more rationally to blindly insult people for missing a voluntary practice without knowing the full reason. I pity you if you honestly believe that is the way people should think.

It's not so much that he dipped to go to the wedding as it is his general behavior this offseason, especially given the circumstances.

OK, you want to get traded and you're pissed that the previous coach demoted you to second string. So instead of coming in and trying to earn the top spot off the bat you've chosen to pout and hang around the facility refusing to meet your new coach?

I don't want him cut, as I think with his low base salary and his inability to be much of a distraction, his value as a change of pace and insurance option outweighs any trade value he may have. That being said, he has handled this situation about as badly as he could have, and has done nothing to endear himself to the new coaching staff, the organization, or the fans.

He also seems to take no responsibility for his current parriah status as if he's been a model citizen that just keeps stumbling across bad luck and people out to get him for no reason. It's not hard to understand why we're reluctant to give him the benefit of the doubt.

OK, locking up the women in my family.

I almost wish he would pull a Vince Young in one of the local clubs.

Yea but in Dallas he could easily get the same kind of beat down packman got when he wanted to jump in someones face.

<_<

You're right, I will from here forward agree with everything the team does and consider each of the players as Pro Bowlers past/present and future. I feel better already. :thumbsup:

Keep your pity.

He left Thursday, weddings Saturday--in Dallas. Just sayin.

Just sayin' what, exactly?

He spends the day in the air Thursday. Spends Friday taking care of wedding prep stuff, including the rehearsal dinner. Ceremony on Saturday.

Or - and this possible, as some people do get married on Fridays - he's at the rehearsal dinner tonight, and has the ceremony tomorrow. I've already been in one Friday ceremony this year.

Just sayin' what, exactly?

He spends the day in the air Thursday. Spends Friday taking care of wedding prep stuff, including the rehearsal dinner. Ceremony on Saturday.

Or - and this possible, as some people do get married on Fridays - he's at the rehearsal dinner tonight, and has the ceremony tomorrow. I've already been in one Friday ceremony this year.

I read he talked Forsett into not only getting married, but doing it this weekend, just so he could skip one Thursday involuntary practice and really stick it to the team and city and fans.

It wasn't reported, but how hard is it to imagine that he forced Forsett, at gunpoint, after smoking a blunt.

There are also rumors, but these are just rumors so don't kill the messenger, that the first day he was back at practice on Tuesday, Marshawn immediately sought out James Hardy, and said to him, "Yo, I ain't gots no dad, but if I dids, how woulds I go about puttin' a cap in 'im?"

Are you people serious??? Find something better to do than nit pick at a guy that hasn't done a thing wrong in a long time.

1. Voluntary practices are indeed "voluntary". If they're not, then the team needs to change it's name to mandatory.

2. Yes, weddings do start on friday if you're a groomsman. It's called a rehearsal dinner.

I think it's best if people stopped looking for reasons to run a guy out of town. Especially one of this team's only true star players. Let it go Bills fans.

My Boss here at work missed yesterday with a rehearsel dinner, and today for the wedding. They do have weddings on Fridays these days.

People need a reason to hate Lynch and anythign will do.

He left Thursday, weddings Saturday--in Dallas. Just sayin.

I am guessing from your over all demeanor on this board that you have not been asked to stand up in many weddings. YES, if you are a groomsmen you get to the location earlier to help with last minute issues, such as get your tux and make sure it fits. Secondly the rehearsal and dinner is traditionally the day before. What is he supposed to do fly in for the dinner out for VOLUNTARY OTAs then fly back for the wedding. get real.

Adam_Schefter

Bills RB Marshawn Lynch missed Buffalo's OTA today to fly to Dallas to be a groomsman in wedding of Seahawks RB Justin Forsett

Lynch's groomsman's gift is the Seahawks playbook so that when he gets traded Marshawn will already know Pete Carroll's offense.

I read he talked Forsett into not only getting married, but doing it this weekend, just so he could skip one Thursday involuntary practice and really stick it to the team and city and fans.

It wasn't reported, but how hard is it to imagine that he forced Forsett, at gunpoint, after smoking a blunt.

There are also rumors, but these are just rumors so don't kill the messenger, that the first day he was back at practice on Tuesday, Marshawn immediately sought out James Hardy, and said to him, "Yo, I ain't gots no dad, but if I dids, how woulds I go about puttin' a cap in 'im?"

But when will he find time to fit-in running someone down and leaving them dying in a pool of their own blood in the street?