Why Lynch Missed Today

Do you guys realize who is at this wedding though? There is a very good chance that Pete Carroll and Seahawks players are there. I guarantee the Seahawks would use that to get to know him better.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...orsetts-wedding

Lynch has been friends with Forsett for a few years. That blurb is ridiculous speculation. It's really hard to believe, unless this is a huge wedding, that Forsett would invite Pete Carroll. It's not like Forsett has any money. He was a 7th round pick, cut twice, and then resigned by Seattle. He barely knows Carroll -- and probably hated Carroll's entire digestive system until he became his coach -- then hated him again when he traded for Lendale White -- and probably hates him for thinking of trading for one of his best friends, Marshawn, who would instantly take his job and chance for millions of dollars.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sad but now i'm wondering if his mom has less sense than him? Or perhaps she's being kept in the dark. Otherwise she would take him by the ear and make him listen to some damn common sense and respect his team.

This is the great unanswered question.

What role (if any) has Marshawn's mom played and what advice has she given him, and has Marshawn embraced or ignored his mom's advice?

To expand on this thought, I've wondered many times throughout this whole drama about the quality of advice Marshawn has been receiving from his mom, his family, his friends, and his agent.

Is he getting good advice that he's been ignoring?

Or has he been getting bad advice?

I don't think missing one day of workouts is a big deal.

But how beneficial would it have been for Marshawn to tell the media:

"I'll be working out today and tomorrow with my teammates but as I've already told Coach Gailey, I'll be missing Thursday because I'm traveling to the west coast to stand up at my best friend's wedding."

Would anyone make an issue of Marshawn missing Thursday's workout if he had simply made this statement?