Run, Run, and Run some more...

IMzeke

I don't post often so have at it...

I see Jackson, Spiller, and Lynch as the key to driving any hopes we have of eeeking into the playoffs this year. In my humble opinion our Coach is basically creating an extremely diverse set of options out of our backfield that will keep any defense on their heels from the first to the last snap of the game. All three can catch and each is uniquely different in style. Short passes to any of them can turn into huge gains on any given play. The possibilites are endless and the rotation should go long on keeping legs fresh and the potential for damage on high.

Everyone keeps calling for, or predicting a trade for Lynch. He is a beast. Make no mistake about it! Even on his worst day he is a beast and no one can argue that he loves what he does. Last year was an aboration and the fact that he fell off in productivity can be attributed to anyone of a number of reasons. Some his fault, like the suspension, but overall I believe in him as a true beast and expect him to be back in full beast mode. The Coach just needs some time to get Lynch to see the value in the three pronged attack and if Lynch has half a brain he has to know a good season being a team player will drive his stock back up. I am very optimistic and really see keeping Lynch and his style of play as a critical component in our rebuilding process.

All our line has to do is give anyone of these guys a crack, or Trent that extra second he needs to get the ball into anyone of these guy's hands on a check down and there will be holy havoc to pay on the other side of the ball. I like our odds with this rotation and I see this as the foundation to at least having a remote chance of getting back into the post season.

Comments???

Run, Run, and Run some more..., The commitment seems obvious to me.

What other choice is there? We have two RBs with at least one 1,000 year season and the projected top RB from the 2010 draft. Our OL is projected to be the worst in the NFL and our QB corp isn't far behind that. So running may be the only option if we want to stay competitive.

We still have no passing attack anyone is afraid of...more so this year without T.O......it's gonna be tough to run or have successful swing passes against 8 in the box.

I see Jackson, Spiller, and Lynch as the key to driving any hopes we have of eeeking into the playoffs this year. In my humble opinion our Coach is basically creating an extremely diverse set of options out of our backfield that will keep any defense on their heels from the first to the last snap of the game. All three can catch and each is uniquely different in style. Short passes to any of them can turn into huge gains on any given play. The possibilites are endless and the rotation should go long on keeping legs fresh and the potential for damage on high.

Everyone keeps calling for, or predicting a trade for Lynch. He is a beast. Make no mistake about it! Even on his worst day he is a beast and no one can argue that he loves what he does. Last year was an aboration and the fact that he fell off in productivity can be attributed to anyone of a number of reasons. Some his fault, like the suspension, but overall I believe in him as a true beast and expect him to be back in full beast mode. The Coach just needs some time to get Lynch to see the value in the three pronged attack and if Lynch has half a brain he has to know a good season being a team player will drive his stock back up. I am very optimistic and really see keeping Lynch and his style of play as a critical component in our rebuilding process.

All our line has to do is give anyone of these guys a crack, or Trent that extra second he needs to get the ball into anyone of these guy's hands on a check down and there will be holy havoc to pay on the other side of the ball. I like our odds with this rotation and I see this as the foundation to at least having a remote chance of getting back into the post season.

Comments???

Only problem, my friend, is that it wouldn't take long for the rest of the league to catch on to that dubious tactic...like about first quarter of the first game, and then they'd be playing the run run run and then what? :devil:

Roscoe Parrish should be on the same field with them too.

Why? What exactly has Roscoe Parrish ever done in the NFL, for you to say that? What basis do you have for your statement?

Is it his diminishing speed? Is it his rock like hands? Or is it his vision? The same vision that got him benched last season and replaced with Fred Jackson, the Bills all purpose utility man last season.

Roscoe Parrish is hands down the most overrated player on any of the Bills message boards. He has no ability as a receiver. He has limited ability as a return man. And yes he has leading the league in return yards, but if you look at that stat, it rarely gave the Bills any advantage in field position. His average punt return last season was 5.5 yards. His average kick return, 23.5 yards. Lets not forget that Roscoe loves to run backwards, and in circles "trying to make something happen". Thats the problem with guys who think to highly of themselves. They THINK they can make things happen, and dont rely on the system in place. When it all falls down around them, they pass the blame to others.

The last thing that the Bills need this year, is another me first player. And yes, based on Parrish's comments last off season, last season, and this off season, I consider him a me first guy. I dont know what he is like in the locker room, i just know that i want him in another teams locker room in September

Thats the reason why the Bills said they have no intention of dealing Marshawn.

Jackson and Lynch are the 1A/1B RB tandem, Spiller will line up as a RB and as a WR, playing more of a multi threat role, allowing the Bills to have a power running game they have been looking for since they draft McGahee to tandem with Henry.

Theres a new trend starting to form with teams looking at 3 RB offences

I talked to one of the Bills coaches in a local bar a few weeks ago. After a few mins of talkin back and forth, he said " What do u really want to ask me?" I asked him who the QB is going to be. His response was "whichever one hands the ball off the best"!!

Everyone keeps calling for, or predicting a trade for Lynch. He is a beast. Make no mistake about it! Even on his worst day he is a beast and no one can argue that he loves what he does. Last year was an aboration and the fact that he fell off in productivity can be attributed to anyone of a number of reasons.

I give up. Were you trying to spell abortion or aberration?

We still have no passing attack anyone is afraid of...more so this year without T.O......it's gonna be tough to run or have successful swing passes against 8 in the box.

I do think that they will find ways to utilize the back in the passing game and I expect the TE and slot receiver to get many more touches this year (notice I didn't say catches :thumbsup: ).

Spiller starting in the backfield with either Jackson or Lynch and then motioning out vs. a LB is a good scenario for the Bills. Run and you have one less defender and I'll take my chances with Spiller vs. a LB in the passing game. Just got to keep the kid healthy.

What other choice is there? We have two RBs with at least one 1,000 year season and the projected top RB from the 2010 draft. Our OL is projected to be the worst in the NFL and our QB corp isn't far behind that. So running may be the only option if we want to stay competitive.

Good post and I agree. Teams are going to stack the box and force us to beat them with intermediate and long passes. I am not too confident our QB (whoever it is), our OL, and WR can be productive.

Skeptical but hopeful.

Our two chances of getting to the playoffs next year are virtually nonexistent and absolutely without the slightest possibility.

In 2012, if the rebuild goes well, hey, things could be different.

Why does anyone even watch the Bills or the NFL at all since only 1 out of 32 teams can win it all (insert sarcasm). I'm going to relish it if the Bills can turn it around this season since fans are condemning them to the basement before they're even in pads! If not then hey, nobody will be surprised since the Bills aren't supposed to win big until at least 2012. I almost hope the 2011 season doesn't happen just to make fans appreciate the sport more. No matter how the Bills do I always look forward to that first regular season game no matter what. Do I get disappointed at times? Sure, but without the Bills, it would be a longer colder winter for sure. Support them, don't tear them down!! Forget reality and suspend disbelief and enjoy yourself.

Comments???

playoffs? are you serious? this team may need a miricle to win 4 games! take the rose colored glasses off and see what we really have - no O-line and a brand new 3-4 defense wherein the first year switching over is almost NEVER pretty.

Why does anyone even watch the Bills or the NFL at all since only 1 out of 32 teams can win it all (insert sarcasm). I'm going to relish it if the Bills can turn it around this season since fans are condemning them to the basement before they're even in pads! If not then hey, nobody will be surprised since the Bills aren't supposed to win big until at least 2012. I almost hope the 2011 season doesn't happen just to make fans appreciate the sport more. No matter how the Bills do I always look forward to that first regular season game no matter what. Do I get disappointed at times? Sure, but without the Bills, it would be a longer colder winter for sure. Support them, don't tear them down!! Forget reality and suspend disbelief and enjoy yourself.

I support them big tim since the mid 70's but I still can see reality. When they lose I'll be pissed and when they win, I'm thrilled, but we simply do not have the talent and that REALITY not the fantasy world some of the "fans" live in!

Good post and I agree. Teams are going to stack the box and force us to beat them with intermediate and long passes. I am not too confident our QB (whoever it is), our OL, and WR can be productive.

Skeptical but hopeful.

Hey if you are a true Bills Fan, which everyone here is, then skeptical but hopeful is good. I know that it is very easy to see and point out the downside, but I prefer to go into the season optimistic. The fun thing about the off-season is the brief opportunity to fantasize about the possibilities before the harsh reality of the season takes it's course. I go into every new year anticipating the best, anguish or relish in the reality, and come back every year for more because I am a Bills fan. Go Bills!!!

Hey if you are a true Bills Fan, which everyone here is, then skeptical but hopeful is good. I know that it is very easy to see and point out the downside, but I prefer to go into the season optimistic. The fun thing about the off-season is the brief opportunity to fantasize about the possibilities before the harsh reality of the season takes it's course. I go into every new year anticipating the best, anguish or relish in the reality, and come back every year for more because I am a Bills fan. Go Bills!!!

I am a devote Bills fan too. I respect your viewpoints and your positive outlook for this season. I am hopeful as well. I would love nothing more than a playoff appearance and more. However, I am more of a analytical fan who looks at the "whole picture." Bottom line, I just don't think we have good enough players to win against good teams. Time will tell...Hope I am wrong.

Roscoe Parrish should be on the same field with them too.

I would prefer to have him on the field opposite one of our safties or linebackers. As far as the discussion, run heavy teams don't do much anymore. Spiller will be more of a threat to catch the ball than Lynchever dreamed of being and he comes into the league knowing more about picking up the blitz than Lynch ever will

Comments???

Very few offenses are good enough to be predictable in this league and still be successful. Given our offensive line, that isn't going to happen. An off tackle counter and a swing pass out of the backfield are not all that different. You have to make the defense defend the whole field, not just the first 10 yards off the line. If we can't do that, I don't care how many running backs we have, how different their styles or how cool their nicknames, it won't make a difference. So, if we run, run and run some more, we will do a whole crap load of punting.

Spread offense. Spiller is ideal for the spread, so is Freddy. Beasley thrived in a spread at Uconn. The last offense Gailey coached in the NFL was a spread offense. Levi Brown ran a spread at Troy. A spread is a good choice for a team with a weak but smart line and for a QB who is smart but has a medicore arm. Gailey was brought in to make the team exciting again by scoring some points. I am pretty sure they aren't going to game plan to eek out 13-10 wins a-la Jauron. I expect to see the ball in the air.

The Ravens do an excellent job with their three headed attack. For the run, run, and run some more to work, the OL needs to drastically improve from last year. When I was a kid, the Bills used a run based attack with OJ Simpson, Jim , and some other guy (forget the name). Joe Ferguson had Bob Chandler and JD Hill to throw to if needed. The Bills have Lee Evans and ???

just getting the passing game to average would be a major improvement, and i think we will get that

but the reason having a run centric approach goes beyond just having great backs. they will also need to try to keep the defense off the field to avoid getting the ball ran down their throats themselves. for at least half the season i believe the run defense will be very close to worst in the league so their best chance to win will be long sustained drives and some big defensive plays in the defensive backfield

How do you really know? Not bashin you just an observation that its a whole new offense and I for one am gonna be optimistic.