Rick Gosselins NFL rankings

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No one can ever accuse you or exaggeration. :huh:

Not even close to a playoff appearance? We have been in the running most years to the last two weeks of the season.

New coach/schemes/no line/no QB? You could be talking about KC, StL, Detroit, Oakland and 5 other teams.

Have to get worse to get better? This is a crock. Prove that statement. Are you saying you need high draft picks to improve? Then why do the same teams draft first year after year and never improve?

Yes, with all that against us we're still drafting around #10 which means there are usually 9 teams worse than us! Everything you wrote is true for other teams BUT THEY LOSE MORE THAN WE DO!!! What is so hard to comprehend??

PTR

hey man, I never said that we "definitely will be in the bottom 5". But if we are discussing GUESSES at what MIGHT happen in the FUTURE, then I'd say anything in the bottom half of the league is an accurate guess. And a #30 rank is just as believable as #21.

You can say that we never finish in the bottom 5, but we also never improve out of the bottom 10. Remember, when Nix went to San Diego to help rebuild that franchise, they had the #1 OVERALL pick TWICE in a matter of a few years, and a Top 5 pick a couple more times. Same thing happened in Arizona.

And for a team in a market like Buffalo, who will have to build through the draft, getting into the top 5 might not be a bad thing.

I'd love to see us win the division this year. I'd rather even see us at 9-7 than 4-12. But getting worse is a real possibility that everyone should be aware of.

Good points. You're right about Detroit, Oakland, StL, KC, they have been drafting high for years and are still at the bottom. But this guy, along with other 'doom & gloomers' are huge exaggerators.

If you were familiar with my posting, you would know I'm about as far from a "Doom & Gloomer" as the most optimistic of posters.

I never said I truly think we'll end up in the bottom 5, but as a guess, it's not completely implausible.

This guy has it all wrong. The Bills will be in the top 15 and maybe top 10 by the end of the season. I would bet my house on it. How are teams going to stop our three headed monster attack of Spiller, Jackson, and Lynch. Hardy and Nelson are going to have breakout years and Lee is going to make the pro bowl. Gailey will work his magic and make Edwards look like the second coming of Jim Kelly. We will be dominant on defense with our secondary averaging 2-3 picks a game. Teams will be hard pressed to run on our the 3-4 scheme with added additions of Troup, Davis, and Callaway. Maybin is going to be a beast of a pass rusher. Not to mention with Bruce D back and Moorman and Lindell. Need I say more...I would be surprised if this team doesn't make a playoff run. I know you guys are probably thinking I am crazy but hey stranger things have happened.

Could you post a picture of your house?

hey man, I never said that we "definitely will be in the bottom 5". But if we are discussing GUESSES at what MIGHT happen in the FUTURE, then I'd say anything in the bottom half of the league is an accurate guess. And a #30 rank is just as believable as #21.

You can say that we never finish in the bottom 5, but we also never improve out of the bottom 10. Remember, when Nix went to San Diego to help rebuild that franchise, they had the #1 OVERALL pick TWICE in a matter of a few years, and a Top 5 pick a couple more times. Same thing happened in Arizona.

And for a team in a market like Buffalo, who will have to build through the draft, getting into the top 5 might not be a bad thing.

I'd love to see us win the division this year. I'd rather even see us at 9-7 than 4-12. But getting worse is a real possibility that everyone should be aware of.

The biggest problem Bills fans have is looking at their team rationally. And it's not homerism, it's blatant negativity. We are the "worst team in the history of football" even though we usually win 6-7 games a year. To me that makes no sense. Yes we miss the playoffs but we are always 2-3 games out, not 7-8. Maybe that's worse for a fan? To me the Bills are so close to breaking through. And if Gailey really is as good an offensive mind as he is billed then I think this is the year, even with the players we have on this team right now.

PTR

All offseason ratings are pretty dumb but it's nice that one of the best football writers at least did some research. #21 seems pretty fair and his reasoning is solid. Much better than they didn't draft a QB so they will suck,

Come on, you're not happy with him because he did brilliant research. I don't see evidence of marathon sessions burning the midnight oil there. You're just happier that he picked them a bit higher than most.

I personally think he has us a bit high, but as you say, it's reasonable. As would be anything from about 20 to 30, and even a spot or two further either way.

The biggest problem Bills fans have is looking at their team rationally. And it's not homerism, it's blatant negativity. We are the "worst team in the history of football" even though we usually win 6-7 games a year. To me that makes no sense. Yes we miss the playoffs but we are always 2-3 games out, not 7-8. Maybe that's worse for a fan? To me the Bills are so close to breaking through. And if Gailey really is as good an offensive mind as he is billed then I think this is the year, even with the players we have on this team right now.

PTR

The switch to the 3 - 4 sets us back, though, Promo. Even if we improve on offense, we look considerably worse (this year at least) on defense.

The switch to the 3 - 4 sets us back, though, Promo. Even if we improve on offense, we look considerably worse (this year at least) on defense.

That could well be the case, but I still think last year's D was swiss cheese most of the time. It would have to be pretty freakin' bad to be worse.

PTR

This guy has it all wrong. The Bills will be in the top 15 and maybe top 10 by the end of the season. I would bet my house on it.

You'd bet your house on it? Unless you have ten or twelve houses, this seriously shows a severe lack of judgment.

Or you're being sarcastic but not very clearly. Either way a bit wacky.

No one can ever accuse you or exaggeration. :huh:

Not even close to a playoff appearance? We have been in the running most years to the last two weeks of the season.

New coach/schemes/no line/no QB? You could be talking about KC, StL, Detroit, Oakland and 5 other teams.

Have to get worse to get better? This is a crock. Prove that statement. Are you saying you need high draft picks to improve? Then why do the same teams draft first year after year and never improve?

Yes, with all that against us we're still drafting around #10 which means there are usually 9 teams worse than us! Everything you wrote is true for other teams BUT THEY LOSE MORE THAN WE DO!!! What is so hard to comprehend??

PTR

Disagreeing doesn't mean you don't comprehend. You're usually better than this.

Come on, you're not happy with him because he did brilliant research. I don't see evidence of marathon sessions burning the midnight oil there. You're just happier that he picked them a bit higher than most.

I personally think he has us a bit high, but as you say, it's reasonable. As would be anything from about 20 to 30, and even a spot or two further either way.

thank you! thats all ive been trying to say as well. there is no RIGHT answer. just those that us posters tend to agree with more, for whatever reasoning.

He is arguably the best football writer around. The people who have been picking us to be terrible are guys like Marshall Faulk and Steve Wyche. None of their opinions really matter but RG's has a lot more cred than those 2.

There are so many "if's" on this team predicting #19 or predicting #29 is all the same to me. It would be unreasonable to pick the Bills to be #32 or in the top half at the end of the season.

If the switch to a 3-4 isn't a disaster like it generally has been for most teams making the switch ...

If Gailey can manage to get something that doesn't suck out of one of our QBs ...

If said QB doesn't end up in the hospital for half of the season from getting pummeled trying to pass ...

If the O-line can provide adequate pass protection ...

If the O-line can provide enough run blocking to let our "waterbugs" dance around and make some yardage ...

If beastmode can return to his rookie season form (and eligible to play) ...

If Evans steps up and shows he CAN be a #1 WR ...

and so on ...

Then the #21 (and maybe even higher) seems reasonable. If not, then #29 seems more likely.

Too many If's to make any kind of accurate prediction in my opinion.

This guy has it all wrong. The Bills will be in the top 15 and maybe top 10 by the end of the season. I would bet my house on it. How are teams going to stop our three headed monster attack of Spiller, Jackson, and Lynch. Hardy and Nelson are going to have breakout years and Lee is going to make the pro bowl. Gailey will work his magic and make Edwards look like the second coming of Jim Kelly. We will be dominant on defense with our secondary averaging 2-3 picks a game. Teams will be hard pressed to run on our the 3-4 scheme with added additions of Troup, Davis, and Callaway. Maybin is going to be a beast of a pass rusher. Not to mention with Bruce D back and Moorman and Lindell. Need I say more...I would be surprised if this team doesn't make a playoff run. I know you guys are probably thinking I am crazy but hey stranger things have happened.

I'm assuming you mean Carrington here. Either way, this is a pretty bold prediction haha

why the !@#$ aren't we in the bottom 2

WE DIDNT DRAFT A LT OR CLAUSEN OR MCCOY OR TEEEEBOOOOOOOOOOOO NOR DID WE HIRE A BILLION DOLLAR COACH

We didn't have a premier LT or QB last year and still were 24th best in the league with a 6-10 record. Gailey has proven in the past that he can take a sub-par offense and make some great things happen. I'm thinking 8-8 with a playoff contending run next year in 2011!!!!! It's what i have been dreaming of for 10+ years now...