Josh Reed signs with the Chargers

Excellent news, I was afraid the Bills might re-sign him if he remained free going into the pre-season. I believe now only Kelsay, Lindell, McGee, and Moorman remain from the disgraceful 2003 team of losers.

I'm glad he's not with the Bills anymore but I hope he does well with San Diego

I wouldn't describe myself as "glad". He was neither the best nor the worst we have seen in recent years. He made a good number of strong plays in short yardage situations and his hands were, generally, solid. That being said, he wasn't getting any better and that's what we need at this point. Stay classy San Diego...

He always looked like he might take that next step after a slow start to his career, but never really did here, other than glimpses on third down. I met him once after a TC practice during an autograph session a few years ago and he seemed like a legimitately nice guy, so I hope he does well in SD.

Highly overrated and this shows that. If he was as good of a blocker and possession receiver as everyone claims, he would have been snapped up ASAP. Average receiver at best, and won't do anything spectacular in SD... if he plays.

Highly overrated and this shows that. If he was as good of a blocker and possession receiver as everyone claims, he would have been snapped up ASAP. Average receiver at best, and won't do anything spectacular in SD... if he plays.

I guess he is better then TO then, seeing as how TO has had no interest and still on the market

I guess he is better then TO then, seeing as how TO has had no interest and still on the market

come on tell me you aren't being serious. You don't think anything about his age and character concerns don't have anything to do with it

come on tell me you aren't being serious. You don't think anything about his age and character concerns don't have anything to do with it

AP might be sarcastic. Can't really tell.

The other factor is that TO is reportedly seeking $5 million to play this year.

I'm kinda surprised he didn't have get signed before now.

Me too, but there are alot of different things this off season with no agreement between the owners and players this year. There was talk of T.O. signing there, but I guess they thought Josh Reed was a less expensive insurance policy in case Vincent Jackson doesn't show up.

Honestly, I don't get all the Josh bashing. 8 years, only missed 12 games. Much better rookie production than fellow second round WR's Parrish and Hardy. 39 catches/year primarily as a slot guy on mediocre teams. He's no Pro Bowler but he wasn't a bust either.

It's hard to fathom his blocking skills are worse that our current #3 (Parrish)

Time will tell but I believe we have plenty of upside with Hardy/Johnson/Jackson/Nelson.

I would have been happier with Reed and (Jason Fox/Geno Atkins/Eric Norwood/ AJ Edds) instead of Easley.

Good luck, Josh.

We'll miss you on 3rd & 4.

fixed

Broken, more like.

Reed did pretty well when the ball was thrown to him. Reed wasn't the checkdown reciever, the RBs and TEs were, they were the ones Trent threw to a yard behind the LOS on 3rd and eight.

Excellent news, I was afraid the Bills might re-sign him if he remained free going into the pre-season. I believe now only Kelsay, Lindell, McGee, and Moorman remain from the disgraceful 2003 team of losers.

Hunh? So next thing you're hoping to see Moorman and the others out of here too?

Makes no sense.

Doesn't show he's overrated at all. Shows that for lots of reasons, he wasn't an urgent need. Slot recievers simply don't get snapped up early very often.

Oh, well, if there are reasons, that's different. Wait, aren't there reasons for Reed, too? And for pretty much everybody?

I am here in San DIego and know the SD team pretty well. He will beat out a WR named Buster Davis who has done very little since joining the team. I don't really know how many throws he is going to get with them having Gates and (Jackson when they sign him to a learn term contract). No way they will let him go! IMO, Josh will be way more effective in the high powered SD offense. I believe his numbers will shatter the Bills numbers. I am happy for him because he was a class guy throughout his Bills career.

He is a great guy to have as your #4 WR a depth chart guy who is a capable slot receiver if called upon. The guy is an average slot receiver who run blocks really well. BUT that's all he is he wasn't a dynamic play maker or a guy who did his role phenomenally. For San Diego it makes sense to have him be a #4 WR his run blocking and capable slot play make him of value to an NFL team.

As for Buffalo we needed the playing time to see what we had in the young guns.

QUOTE (DrFishfinder @ Jun 11 2010, 04:13 PM)

Good luck, Josh.

We'll miss your 3 yds on 3rd & 4.

fixed

I wondered who was going to do this......

I guess some people are better at being stupid that others or they try harder.

Good luck Josh you were a dependable even if not spectacular player. Very few WR were willing to block like you did.

I'm kinda surprised he didn't have get signed before now.

From my source, so was Josh. Patriots and Rams were the only ones showing interest. He was wondering if his agent lost his number. This past week the Pats called him and later the same day the Chargers called.